Campus Advantage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Campus Advantage

2.5

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Campus Advantage (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, they are not quick to respond. Several months later, I was contacted by another CA. The CAs interviewed me in a three stage interview process. The first was a group interview, then a two on one interview, then a one on one interview with the general manager.

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Campus Advantage (Baton Rouge, LA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was emailed to come in for a one on one interview with the property manager. I was called the next day and told that I had been given the position.

Interview Questions

• Q: What makes you think that you would be a better fit for this job over somebody else   1 Answer

Community Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Campus Advantage.

Interview

After applying for the job, there was about a few days before I received an email stating that they will be holding interviews. The interview was then a week later. After the interview, we were informed of their decisions a week later.

Interview Questions

• Create an event that the community assistants could put on for the residents.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Campus Advantage (Baton Rouge, LA) in April 2012.

Interview

They want to see if you will fit in. Interview with the AGM and then the GM. After that they have you take a slew of tests. After the tests then they will see if you fit.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a violent resident?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Campus Advantage (Durham, NC) in March 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by the leasing manager in the clubhouse. Other interviewees are now interviewed by both the leasing manager and general manager; however, the general manager at the time was unavailable. After I was asked questions, we took a tour around the community, including stopping by the model. There we talked about the different floor plans, as well as compensation for the job (free housing and utilities, plus commission per apartment leased).

Interview Questions

• What would your former manager say that you needed to work on?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Campus Advantage.

Interview

Campus Advantage will put you through two interviews, after the first initial phase of contact. The first interview was held with the Leasing Manager and a fellow Community Assistant. They assess your strengths and weaknesses. It's basically a great conversation. If you advance from that phase, you're golden. The manager will contact you about meeting. If you meet the manager, the job is practically yours.

Interview Questions

• The manager asked only one question during the interview. "Why should I hire you?"   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Campus Advantage (Austin, TX) in March 2009.

Interview

Moved from entry to mid-level manager. Good, hard work paid off with internal office promotion. Senior management recognized talent that was already on board and promoted appropriately. The company tries to live and operate by its values, mission, and vision, which makes me proud and happy to work here.

Interview Questions

• What measures have you used to know whether you've been successful in reaching your targets and goals?   1 Answer
    • Is there something you've failed at and if you could do differently again what would it be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Get "negotiables" into the hire letter. Anything to be worked out later but left out of the hire letter is code written in invisible ink. This is true everywhere. Agreements not in writing aren't delivered. Being a team player means don't rock the boat. Get it in writing or get over your surprise (and hurt) when not delivered.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Campus Advantage (Austin, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

After an indepth interview over the phone with the Controller, I then had Two interviews on two different days, meeting with five different people. Accomidating after hours and on the weekends. I net with one VP of operations regaring financials statements and variance analysis. I also met with an IT representative, two accounting representatives and the Chief Financial Officer. At one point the president also came into our meeting. The process was very lengthy, there were technical questions asked, but nothing accounting or GAAP related, some industry related questions, but not many.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was none, tell them what your requirements are, aim high.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Campus Advantage (Austin, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

Multiple interview with multiple different levels of staff

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our organization?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was very short. They wouldn't give me a number, so I was forced to throw out a salary. In less than two days, I had an offer letter, and started about two weeks after that time.

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Campus Advantage (Charlotte, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with the recruiter, then the Vice President, then the Regional Manager and another Vice President. Then I had a Skype interview with the Director of Residence Life. I never saw the property or met anyone in person until after I was hired.