Carahsoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Carahsoft Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2017

2.3

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Had a phone screen, didn't hear back for months. When I was finally contacted again, I was told they would discuss whether to give me an interview later that week. Never heard back or got an interview.

Renewal Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Carahsoft (Reston, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

I had several phone calls with a recruiter over the course of a month. Most of my phone calls were not answered and the recruiter never reached out to contact me, I was the one that had to call to set things up. It took 2 weeks to have a first interview. I met with two people who worked in sales, the first person seemed uninterested in interviewing me and didn’t provide much information or insight into the job or the company. The second person was really energetic and provided excellent insight. I had my second interview, with a VP, a week later. The VP was very rude during my interview. He answered text messages and emails while I was answering his questions. Much like the other interviewer, he seemed very disinterested in interviewing me. It has been 2 weeks since the interview with the VP and I have not heard anything from my recruiter despite calling.

Social Media Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carahsoft.

Interview

After preparing for the first initial phone interview, the recruiter was 45 minutes late in answering me after I called 4 times. After the interview finished, the recruiter went ahead and told me that the position I applied for was not actually available and that I would be placed in a more general position working with different departments. Not very professional and deceiving that they changed the job title.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience in the past from my resume.   Answer Question

Government Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carahsoft (Reston, VA).

Interview

Called me from the App Jobr. Recruiter was very nice and we went through a series of interviews. I did two phone interviews and then we went on to do three in person interviews.

Interview Questions

• Are you currently interviewing with another employer at this time?   1 Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Carahsoft in April 2017.

Interview

I had reached out to this company at my college career fair and the recruiter had offered me a phone interview on the spot. We scheduled the phone interview for about two weeks after the career fair. This was your typical phone screener/first round interview. They asked all the basic questions that you would normally get in a first round interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Carahsoft (Reston, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 2 phone interviews followed by 2 in-person interviews, and finally, if chosen for the position, an offer letter review. Your recruiter will guide you through the whole process, and truly makes it easier for you. The initial phone interview consisted of your basic interview questions. I would practice your rhetoric because these first 2 phone interviews are crucial in order to move forward. You want to give the best impression possible. Be prepared. The second phone interview consists of similar questions to the first, but the difference is they ask you why you want to work the position you have applied to. Make sure you develop a strong justification for your reasoning to not only work at Carahsoft, but also why you want to the position you are seeking. Finally, after passing the first 2 phone interviews, your recruiter will schedule your first in-person interview, and if you pass that one, they will schedule your second and final interview.

The in-person interviews are very similar, and aren't terribly difficult. My suggestion would be to come awake and aware, ready to communicate with between 3-6 people, and plan on spending at least an hour and a half. You will speak to your prospective team members and team leaders the first round. Don't worry, as long as you have come prepared, it is a pretty laid back interview. Carahsoft is composed of mostly millennials who know how to get work done, but also know how to be laid back and make you, the interviewee feel comfortable. There will be no real "grilling" in these interviews.

The big difference between the first and second interview, is that the second interview consists of mainly talking to higher level management. This second interview can range between 3-6 people, really depending on how available the team members are at your scheduled time. Once again, pretty basic questions. Come prepared generally knowledgeable about B2G sales, Carahsoft, and the position that you have applied to. You don't need to be a rocket scientist just yet, but definitely do your homework. Carahsoft usually interviews numerous candidates for a few positions so you want to be top notch and stand out above and beyond the other candidates.

Last but not least, if they decide to offer you the position (fingers crossed), they will invite you back for a final offer letter interview where you will meet with a senior manager or director and discuss pay, benefits, PTO, 401K and all the extra great perks Carahsoft offers with employment. Make sure you pay attention, come with questions, and enjoy meeting your future boss. Be polite.

Overall, it is not a difficult interview process. Come prepared, come excited, and you should end the ordeal with an offer letter on the table. Totally up to you.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a (position title)?

Tell me a little bit about yourself

What do you know about Carahsoft and Business to Government Sales?   Answer Question

Entry Level Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carahsoft.

Interview

Read reviews online before the interview and they were all true. Ended up being there for almost three hours and had the same conversation with 5 or 6 different people. Only half the people seemed genuine and some of the questions were just so unnecessary. By the time I was talking to the last few people I was beyond over it. So many situational and behavioral questions. None about my actual intern experience or skills which I found weird. I get they want people to fit in with them but i think it's important to take people's skills and experience into consideration as well? Never heard back which I found unprofessional but it wasn't for me anyways. I make more money now doing freelance work than I would have if I worked at Carahsoft.

Interview Questions

• How do we know if you're having a bad day?
      What's a good day to you?

Then a whole page of management questions that I couldn't really answer because I don't have management experience. I thought this was an entry level position?   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carahsoft (Reston, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Positive interview experience. Applied through Indeed and was swiftly contacted by a recruiter. Had a phone screening with her and then quickly scheduled in-person interview. Met with two hiring managers and spoke with another one over the phone. All were nice, and one seemed genuinely interested in the interview. Ended up declining to advance in the interview process for personal reasons.

Company seems VERY young when you walk in--very geared toward the millennial generation workforce. Seemed to be a very social place, with an emphasis on training you up in whatever position you are hired for.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Since it was an interview. I had it over the phone. Then they asked for my resume and pretty much sent it to a project lead who needed an intern and then they would decide from there.

Proposal Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carahsoft (Reston, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was brought in for two rounds of interviews and I met with six different people. In the first round, I was given an overview of the company and the position. Their goal seemed to be mostly to try to sell me on the position. There were questions, but nothing too difficult. The second round was more when they asked the usual kinds of open-ended questions one might expect in a job interview. In each interview, they gave me a very simple task that was a simplified version of the sort of work involved in the job. Throughout the entire process, I was guided by a recruiter who generally directed me to call her at a specific time (very strange) and I would often call and end up leaving a voicemail because she would not answer.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflicts when people disagree with you?   Answer Question