Carbine Studios Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Carbine Studios Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2017

Interviews for Top Jobs at Carbine Studios

Animator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carbine Studios in June 2017.

Interview

Recruiter told me the information about the studio, and asked me for an animation test. It's been a while after I submitted the test, and I still don't know the result.

Customer Support Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carbine Studios (Aliso Viejo, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I had 1 phone interview with a recruiter which went well, they made me feel comfortable and were curious without being obnoxious.
    I then met with the Customer Support team on-site. 1 group of 3 people then 1 group of 2. The first group was very relaxed and made me feel comfortable to be myself, the second group (included the manager) was a little more challenging.

Interview Questions

• Experience, how I would react in situation, all the potential issues with job specification, etc...   Answer Question

Quest Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Carbine Studios.

Interview

Application was through website; a design test was given and followed by a phone interview. After the phone interview there was an in-person interview with the creative director, two of the lead designers and one of the engineers. Conclusion of interview was with someone from HR. The only difficult part of this interview was my lack of experience in scripting, and I believe this may have been the primary reason I was not offered the position.

They did mention on the phone interview that the expected salary was set in stone (numbers were given) and had no room for negotiation, which is very different from any other employer I have spoken to.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with scripting?   1 Answer

Content Designer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Carbine Studios.

Interview

Initially, I was asked to take a test and given 10 days for the entire thing. After completing the test and e-mailing it back, I heard back from them roughly one week later that they had decided to move forward with a phone interview. The first round was with HR and was the basic questions (rank my skills, salary of last job, etc). After passing that, I had my first design phone interview within the week. After passing that, I was asked for an on-site interview the following week. After the weekend, I heard back from their HR about an offer and started roughly one month later (to allow for relocation).