Carbon Black Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Carbon Black Interview Questions

Interviews at Carbon Black

Sales Interview

Interview

I always thought of VMware as a high quality organization until now. The interview with Carbon Black was unprofessional! It started with a recruiter who consistently misled you to thinking you had the job. The next step “interview “ calls with peers were a mess. A senior rep who was very busy that could only offer 15 minutes and an SE who had not sold before asking advice for a deal he was working on! Huh?? (The HR person said to let them run the call saying these calls weigh the heaviest in you getting the position). Unbelievable! So my existing executive customers, leader as a security sales hunter and work ethic count for what?

Interview Questions

• I have a big prospect who when dark on us what should we do?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carbon Black.

Interview

Pretty simple interview process. One initial phone screen, one phone call with hiring manager (both half an hour), then a panel interview. Took total of 2-3 weeks, got the offer immediately after final interviews

SDR Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carbon Black.

Interview

there is multiple phone screens - the first being with some one on the internal recruiting team - if that goes well you will have a 30 minute phone screen with an SDR manager. If they decide to bring you onsite - you meet with 3-4 people for 30 minutes each

Software Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Carbon Black.

Interview

After an email from recruiter asking for available times for phone screen; he never responded to my emails or phone calls. Very unprofessional considering this was through an employee referral.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I was contacted very quickly by a Technical Recruiter who was very professional, likable and thorough. The conversation felt like it went great and then a technical phone screen was scheduled with the hiring manager. The technical phone screen was quite awkward. Clearly the hiring manager did not feel comfortable doing the interview. It was unclear what the next steps in the process would be. It was very difficult to get specific questions answered about the position and the interview process. When I asked specific questions about what the typical interview process is and how long it would take I received several different, inconsistent explanations of that. At first, it sounded like the hiring process would take months and then it sounded like maybe 2-3 weeks. When I followed up with the technical recruiter, it sounded like they wanted to move forward and that I would hear something soon and then never heard anything back. It was very strange because they sounded enthusiastic about moving forward but then the communication was inconsistent. Also, the job posting wasn't very specific about what specific type of development would be done. I had to probe hard to get those questions answered. It felt like pulling teeth. They are using older tech and seemed uncomfortable about answering those questions. All in all it was a very strange process. I felt like I might be getting strung along.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carbon Black in May 2019.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from the recruiter a few days later for the initial HR interview. The call went well and I was told that the recruiter was going to follow up with details about the next round. 5 days after not hearing back I reached out to the recruiter. The recruiter scheduled the meeting with the hiring manager for the next business day, however, forgot to tell me that the meeting was scheduled (we're all human so nbd). After speaking to the hiring manager I was told that I had the right background for the role and passed on to the next round and was scheduled to speak with some of his colleagues about the position. In the next round, his colleagues and I spoke about the position in deeper detail and they both confirmed that I would be a good fit which led to me to believe that I was in the running, however that was the last time I heard from anyone in the company. I reached out to the recruiter a couple of times to follow up on whether I made it to the next round and never heard back….
    Suffice it to say, the lack of communication left a bad impression on the overall process. I can understand that no one enjoys giving out bad news but not responding back or providing clarity on whether a candidate made it past the 3rd round demonstrates a pure lack of professionalism and personal organization on the part of the recruiter. I hope the recruiting department irons out the gaps in their process as I’m sure I’m not the only one who has experienced the “ghosting” others in this message board have pointed out, as the candidates they bring in could be the key decision makers on whether they implement their solutions or a competitor’s in the future.
    With that being said, I think the company and products seem interesting and best of luck to anyone who applies.

Interview Questions

• Interviewers and I did a walkthrough of my experience and possible overlaps with the role. We dug into relevant experiences and I was asked to explain the rationale for certain decisions.   Answer Question

User Experience Design Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Carbon Black (Denver, CO) in April 2019.

Interview

Was contacted about a week after submitting application. Had a pleasant phone screen with recruiter and next steps were arrainged. Spoke with Director of UX and the conversation was pleasant although we were not able to really discuss the role due to time constraints on her end. We ended the call with her indicating she would reach back out in a week to let me know what the next step was. Never heard back from her or the recruiter, even after I reached back out 3 weeks after the call. Was basically "ghosted" and given no closure. Found this to be the one unprofessional thing about the entire process.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Carbon Black (Boulder, CO) in March 2019.

Interview

I applied for this role in March of 2019. It took about 5-6 weeks to go through the entire process. I applied online through the job portal (Workday) and got an phone interview the next day.

My recruiter was awesome! Super helpful and very informative at every single step. The first interview was with her, an HR recruiter. It was about 30 minutes talking about my resume, school, experience, and my future.

Then, the second interview came a week later with an Engineering Manager. He was amazing! Made me feel very good about answering and asking questions. He went into more technical depth of my resume, work experience, projects, etc.

Next, the third interview consisted of a take home coding exam/project. It was newly implemented. The exam specifically stated that only 3 hours NEEDS to be spent on it. It wasn't too bad, I finished within an hour and a half and then I just went through it again to put in comments/documentation. I sent it back in to the recruiter and the Engineering Manager liked it so I was offered an on-site interview.

Finally, a week later, I am going to their Boulder office for a final on-site interview. It consisted of 4 interviews: Technical, Technical/Experience (discussed resume in very specific detail), and then 2 Behaviorial interviews. The experience was really fun. I didn't feel like ANY of the interviewers were trying to find a "gotcha" moment to test me. They were trying to just have a conversation with me and see how my thought process worked. I was able to asked a lot of questions about the company culture, environment, and company opportunities.

Three/four days later, I am very fortunate enough to receive an offer letter! I was super excited. I had three other offers already, two of which paid more, but I decided to stay with CB because their company culture definitely seems really fun and the work that I'll be doing will definitely have an impact on day one. So, I am very excited for this opportunity!!

Hopefully, this review helps anyone applying for this position!

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carbon Black (Waltham, MA) in February 2019.

Interview

I was contacted via e-mail by a recruiter relatively quickly after submitting an application to setup a quick phone screen. The phone screen went well so a 30 minute call with the hiring manager was setup. This call also went well, we talked about the current state of the environment, projects, the team, etc. and what this new role/group was progressing towards for the company's new initiatives. I was invited in for an on-site interview with 5 people including the director, a few technical managers and team members. The interviews were positive, not too technically deep but higher level environment design and current processes used by teams. Also there was a lot of back and forth about past experience and projects that was relevant to what this role would be focused on. The 5th interviewer had informed the recruiter that they were pulled into something and would be unable to make the remote interview. The 4th one just never showed up for the call despite them reaching out to him and his manager while I sat there waiting. Then I was escorted out and told that if I was willing we could setup some time with these other team members early next week, I said I was more than happy to do a video call with them whenever they had time. I sent a follow up email the next morning to both the technical recruiter and other recruiter that was on site thanking them for having me in and to relay my thanks to those that I'd talked to for their time. Also that I was still willing to setup some time with the others that didn't show. The weekend went by, then all of next week went by so I sent a followup email to gauge status and next steps. I received no response. I waited a few more days then sent a final follow up as I'd grown a little frustrated at this point by still remained interested in the position. I got an email response apologizing for the lack of correspondence and that they had extended an offer to an internal candidate and were 'freezing' the recruitment until that was concluded. No phone call, no specifics, just a generic response about positive feedback and keeping me in mind for other upcoming roles. I was hopeful after the onsite interview but looking back it felt like they were just having me in to go through the motions of searching externally and already had someone in mind for the team. Which is a frustrating waste of time for someone that was genuinely interested in the position.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience with AWS services do you?   Answer Question
    • What kind of past automation projects have you worked on?   Answer Question
    • Preferred scripting language and some examples of problems you've solved with them?   Answer Question

Carbon Black Response

Mar 7, 2019 – Carbon Black

Thank you for your feedback! Our recruiting team values a quality candidate experience and works hard to maintain this. Your experience is not one that’s typical of our process, and we’re very sorry to hear this! We’ll be connecting with the recruiting team this week to identify what happened and find ways to improve it going forward. We do hope you consider Carbon Black for future roles.

Intern Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carbon Black (Waltham, MA) in December 2018.

Interview

The process was very casual and very informative. I felt very comfortable reaching out to the employer and had a consistent, open flow of communication. I was first called by the recruiter and then had a phone interview with an executive on the marketing team and then had a series of in-person interviews where I met with 3 women on the team during one visit to the office.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the challenges you've noticed in marketing a business from the inside   1 Answer