Carbon Black Interview Questions

Updated May 13, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 100 of over 100 interviews

Employee Referral28%
Campus Recruiting13%
HardAverageEasy

Carbon Black

Application

I interviewed at Carbon Black

Interview

It was several rounds of phone interviews from the recruiter to team members to the hiring manager. The overall process went smoothly and it was great to get the insights from the team members.

Interview Questions
  • How would you take ownership of this position?
    Answer Question

Carbon Black

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carbon Black

Interview

Interview process was one phone interview prior. After that I heard back within a week about an on site interview. This interview included an excel test and some basic questions on my background

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Carbon Black

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Carbon Black

Interview

My contact reached out for a different requirement and then referred for it. After a long gap of at least 4 weeks and one follow-up I was asked whether I am open for this role instead. The hiring manager for this role spoke on a call and confirmed that there will be more interviews. Again after a silence of another week and a follow-up, I received a note that I was referred for this role. On the following work day received a system notification that I am not selected for the role. Looks like the recruitment team and the hiring manager are not on talking terms - not knowing what the other is doing. Is the right talent so much in abundance that employers feel careless?

Interview Questions
  • Why are you open for considering this different role than what you were originally referred for?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carbon Black (New York, NY) in Jul 2020

Interview

I applied through referral. Everything after and including the first contact with HR was abysmal because of the VMWare-CB recruiter. So first thing no instructions, no greetings and no context I was setup for a technical screen, the invitation email only mentioned I had a tech screen. No names no context at all, a single line email. One of the interview which I was told would definitely be a Behavioral interview, the manager decided to go into a deep coding and systems design interview (probably because they were new to interviewing and didn't follow any protocol). I managed to do well in all interviews no matter how unorganized they were but than the same recruiter in charge of this requisition calls me on my phone without any heads up, late in the evening to let me know that the budget for the position I was interviewing for had been cut and that's the end of line. I was asked to let them know if I wanted to apply for some other position , which I did and surprise surprise they never got back to me. Overall very very disappointed with the recruiter and the process. They even mentioned during process that they'd sent a survey for interview which of course they forgot hence why I'm giving feedback here. Very disappointing from CB VMWare they won't attract any talent this way.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Carbon Black

Application

I interviewed at Carbon Black

Interview

I always thought of VMware as a high quality organization until now. The interview with Carbon Black was unprofessional! It started with a recruiter who consistently misled you to thinking you had the job. The next step “interview “ calls with peers were a mess. A senior rep who was very busy that could only offer 15 minutes and an SE who had not sold before asking advice for a deal he was working on! Huh?? (The HR person said to let them run the call saying these calls weigh the heaviest in you getting the position). Unbelievable! So my existing executive customers, leader as a security sales hunter and work ethic count for what?

Interview Questions
  • I have a big prospect who when dark on us what should we do?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Antwerp, Antwerp

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carbon Black (Antwerp, Antwerp) in Feb 2020

Interview

Dot was toch zeef ok Maar wel zzeeeer saai om hier zo veel over te te te schrij ven vind ik Wat is dit voor zever Ga hier nt op in Ik wil dat dit nu stopt en

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Carbon Black

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carbon Black

Interview

Pretty simple interview process. One initial phone screen, one phone call with hiring manager (both half an hour), then a panel interview. Took total of 2-3 weeks, got the offer immediately after final interviews

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Carbon Black

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carbon Black

Interview

there is multiple phone screens - the first being with some one on the internal recruiting team - if that goes well you will have a 30 minute phone screen with an SDR manager. If they decide to bring you onsite - you meet with 3-4 people for 30 minutes each

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Carbon Black

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Carbon Black

Interview

After an email from recruiter asking for available times for phone screen; he never responded to my emails or phone calls. Very unprofessional considering this was through an employee referral.

Carbon Black

Application

I interviewed at Carbon Black

Interview

I was contacted very quickly by a Technical Recruiter who was very professional, likable and thorough. The conversation felt like it went great and then a technical phone screen was scheduled with the hiring manager. The technical phone screen was quite awkward. Clearly the hiring manager did not feel comfortable doing the interview. It was unclear what the next steps in the process would be. It was very difficult to get specific questions answered about the position and the interview process. When I asked specific questions about what the typical interview process is and how long it would take I received several different, inconsistent explanations of that. At first, it sounded like the hiring process would take months and then it sounded like maybe 2-3 weeks. When I followed up with the technical recruiter, it sounded like they wanted to move forward and that I would hear something soon and then never heard anything back. It was very strange because they sounded enthusiastic about moving forward but then the communication was inconsistent. Also, the job posting wasn't very specific about what specific type of development would be done. I had to probe hard to get those questions answered. It felt like pulling teeth. They are using older tech and seemed uncomfortable about answering those questions. All in all it was a very strange process. I felt like I might be getting strung along.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 100 Interviews