Carbon Black Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Carbon Black Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2018

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carbon Black in November 2017.

Interview

The initial contact was initiated within 2 days of my application. An initial phone screen with the recruiter then the hiring manager happened on the next day. After that, there were a couple more phone screens (due to location) and a coding test over the next week. I then had an on-site interview with 5 people. After that, it was waiting for an offer.
    During the whole process, I was kept informed of the next steps by the recruiter in a timely manner, and the pacing of the process was comfortable. They appreciated that I had existing responsibilities with my current employer, and were flexible with scheduling.

Interview Questions

Carbon Black Response

Nov 30, 2017 – Carbon Black

Thank you so much for your review! You gave a thorough explanation of the process which can be very helpful for those starting to apply! Congrats on the offer.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Carbon Black.

Interview

Thorough interview process with several rounds of phone/web calls and one on-site meeting.
    Met with wide range of people at different position levels within the organization.
    Enjoyable overall process with a good mix of technical and personality related conversations.
    At the end, you get a sense that the company is emphasizing on hiring the right people to fit its culture.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carbon Black (Waltham, MA) in February 2018.

Interview

- Need to do a better job screening candidates before 1:1 meetings. Decision was based on specific functional focus and could have determined it without wasted on-site interview.
    - Hiring manager didn't put in the time to ask the right questions, not focused/prepared for interview (cared more about the messages coming in on phone).
    - No closure with HR or hiring manager at the end of multi-hour interview. Was just shown the way to the front door by the last interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working here?
      What a recent accomplishment that you are most proud of and why?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Carbon Black (Waltham, MA) in February 2018.

Interview

I had a quick phone interview with the recruiter for about 15 minutes before he then submitted me to the next round. I then had about a 30-45 minute conversation with the head of product development. Next they brought me in for a 3 hour interview for my third round, but let me know if I made it out of this round I would have to come back for another 3 hour interview. For the third round, met with the 3 heads of product development. There were not too many tough questions.

Note: It took them 2 weeks to get back to me after my second round interview, and then it took them a month to get back to me after my third round interview.

Technical Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Carbon Black (Waltham, MA).

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted a few days later by a Senior Recruiter and also a Recruiting Coordinator, who then set up a series of phone interviews with several team members. The initial meetings were one-on-one over the phone, and then I was also invited to meet with the team over the phone for a live presentation. The last interview phase involved being flown to the corporate offices for live interviews in Waltham, MA. The Recruiting Team arranged all of my travel, and made certain that the times and dates worked well with my personal schedule.

The day after my final interviews took place, I was contacted again by the Senior Recruiter who said that the team would like to move forward and extend an offer. After confirming references, I was provided with both a verbal and written offer, which I immediately accepted. The entire interview process was very well organized, communicated, and executed. I cannot say enough great things about the Recruiting Team at Carbon Black. Their communication skills, planning, execution, professional and courteous behavior should be a model framework for all companies to follow. The overall interview process, while rigorous, was coordinated better than any other I have experienced in the past.
    Thank you again Carbon Black Recruiting Team!!

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carbon Black (Houston, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter within a couple of days of sending in my resume. We scheduled some time for a phone interview that same week. We spoke for about 30 minutes and scheduled another phone interview with the department manager. After speaking with him, I received feedback from the recruiter and she scheduled individual phone interviews with members of the department. Within a few days I heard back from the recruiter to schedule an onsite interview. My travel was coordinated by the recruitment coordinator and their travel company and everyone I spoke with was positive and polite and considerate of it being the holiday season. I was flown in the night before my face-to- face interview, put up at a nice hotel and received detailed information about my interview. I was interviewed by three people in three individual interviews during my face-to-face. There was another candidate being interviewed the same day and they rotated between us, but we were kept separate throughout the process. Within a few days I received an informal offer and a couple of days later received a formal offer. Overall it was a positive interview process which leaves me with a very positive view of the company coming in.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle when someone does not agree with the work you present?   Answer Question

Technical Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Carbon Black (Waltham, MA) in December 2017.

Interview

I went through the hiring process fairly quickly -- submitted my application on a Thursday and had a phone interview with HR the following Wednesday. I was told that CB was trying to move quickly on the position and asked if I was available for an interview with the hiring manager/ my potential supervisor that afternoon. I interviewed with the hiring manager and... subsequently never heard anything back. The position was listed as an entry-level position, but I was still told during my interview with the hiring manager that I lacked the experience they needed.

The rest of the interview process that I didn't experience, but was told about including doing a remote presentation of some technical material to evaluate teaching ability, and an on-site interview to meet with other

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carbon Black (Waltham, MA) in December 2017.

Interview

A great process from start to finish. I have to give major kudos to Kate S. who set the table with amazing conversations, continuous movement through the interview process, and clear next-steps through all phases of this experience. It all started here! Thanks, Kate!

The next interactions were all equally comfortable and productive. A scheduled call with the hiring manager was followed by two onsite, sit down sessions. The first day I met five individuals, including some future teammates and the hiring manager. The second day (about a week later) was with the recruiter, the VP of Customer Success, and wrapped with the hiring manager again.

The decision came quickly after the secondary onsite.

Again, incredible experience from start to finish and I couldn't have asked for more from an interview process.

Thank you!

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current place of employment?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle "X" situation? - There were a few of these role plays with a couple members of the team.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Carbon Black.

Interview

A comprehensive process that was managed exceptionally well by my recruiter. Going through the interview process while you're actively trying to manage your daily schedule can be difficult, but Carbon Black will work closely with you to make it easier to maintain your other commitments.

Product Ownder Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carbon Black.

Interview

I got a cal from HR and had a very nice conversation about the rep and their culture. The week after I spoke with another Product Owner and got invited for a final round interview the next week. The conversations went well, everyone was really nice and tried to informally get to know me and my communication style. I got a call after the weekend to inform me that I got the job. It went by really fast and they were very straightforward.