Cardno Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cardno Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2017

2.3

Development Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cardno in August 2017.

Interview

Extremely rude and curt interviewer. Can't understand why they'd have someone with such bad interpersonal skills interview people. Asked blunt questions in a brash way. Good sign to steer clear of organization. Lastly, said things like "we like you" and "if you could start next week would you?" and set up things to chat with hiring manager but then radio silence. Seems like I dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• If you could start next week would you? (In a blunt, matter-of-fact, rude tone)   1 Answer

Environmental Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cardno (Virginia Beach, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process primarily consisted of a phone interview with the office lead followed by in person interview with the office lead and the primary project manager for the environmental group.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cardno (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Very involved and professional. Representatives from different groups were part of the interview including the business unit head. Was given an opportunity to meet with future colleagues and get a sense of day to day work.

Interview Questions

• Experience and education related?
      Different technical expertise.
      Ideas on job profile.   Answer Question

Staff Geologist/Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cardno (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a month later from their HR personnel. I was not near any of their offices, but offered to drive out to meet them (several hour journey). When I arrived, about fifteen or so minutes early, I met with the regional manager and HR. They did not seem to have questions really thought out (I asked more, I think, than they asked me). They asked me to fill out an application that I had already done online. When I asked them about it, they said I didn't need to fill it out after all; their hiring system was still being integrated in a merger and they didn't seem to have a clue.
    They talked about my previous job (we shared a common background). The HR guy stressed how much they were a safety company rather than a consulting company. At the very end, the manager felt the need to give a short rant about the Ferguson Riots. In all it took half an hour.
    They did not offer to pay for my gas or anything (they were not obligated to, but some gesture would have been nice).

I didn't hear back from them for over a month (they told me 3 weeks). When I finally called them to inquire, they said the position had been filled. Nobody bothered to tell me.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alabaster, AL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cardno (Alabaster, AL) in May 2015.

Interview

My resume was forwarded to Cardno ATC's Laboratory Supervisor from one of the Internet Job boards and I received an e-mail inviting me for an interview. I waited one week before my interview appointment. During my wait time I sent e-mails to him asking more about the position and he quickly replied and answered all questions in great detail.

Interview Questions

• To start, they wanted me to tell them more about myself. How much would you like to be paid an hour? What Science classes have you taken? They described the job in great detail and are willing to teach everything necessary to succeed in the job. They informed me that they are currently in the middle of a company merge. Also that certifications as needed will be paid for by the company.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucker Post Office, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cardno (Tucker Post Office, GA).

Interview

Easy going, asked easy questions, interested in helping you succeed, open to taking on questions and knowing your interests and what you like to do on your spare time. Seemed it wasore soci than an interview

Senior Project Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Cardno.

Interview

I was contacted by Cardno's HR department directly from a contact I made at the AIDS 2012 conference. The HR representative told me about the upcoming position and that they would like to set up a phone interview with me. It took a few weeks to set up the phone interview due to the travel schedule of the Director. The phone interview was with the Director and lasted about 45 min. She was very thorough and asked me specific information about projects I worked on in the past. At the end of the interview she said she would be in touch. I didn't hear back from them, so I followed up with an email. I was told the position was on hold. About one month later, I was sent an email asking to come in for an in-person interview to meet the whole team. At this point, I was out of the country and unable to come in person for the interview. The team was accommodating, and we set up a skype interview. There were about 6 people on the panel, which included all members of the team. Everyone was very professional and took turns asking me questions. Questions again were focused on my relevant experience to the project needs. There were a few behavioral type questions asked as well. Everyone was really friendly, and I felt like it was a team I would love to work with and was hopeful for the job. Again, I was told I would hear back after a few weeks. I followed up with the group after a few weeks via email, and I was told there was a hold on the position due to key decisions needing to be made on the project and staff changes and that a member of the team would be in touch with me once the hold was lifted. About two weeks later, a member of the team reached out to me via email and sent me the new, updated job description and told me I could apply on-line if I felt I was a good fit for the position. While I felt I was indeed qualified, in fact I felt my experiences were even more relevant to the updated position as it was heavily focused on evaluation, which is my specialty, I chose not to go through the process of reapplying. Everyone I interacted with was very friendly, and they seemed like a great group.

Interview Questions

• I was actually asked how my nursing background would positively impact the position. The position was a public health position with no clinical experience required. I thought the question was a great question, although it took me by surprise, and I wish I would have answered it in a different way. I would recommend always be prepared to see how any of your experience can be relevant to the position you are being interviewed for because you never know when/if you will need to make the connection during the interview.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cardno in October 2014.

Interview

Very professional interview, asked work experience, pretty much a basic common interview. Met with the AP manager and at the time the AP team and was asked a series of questions to see if I'd be a good fit for the department

Interview Questions

• How would I handle confrontation with a fellow employee?   1 Answer

Staff Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cardno (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Simple questions about school, I was interviewed as an intern so it was not as complicated as a regular job interview. I came into the office and was shown the building and gear I would/might be working with, was asked my experience level with certain tasks and computer programs.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cardno (Portland, OR) in June 2014.

Interview

Awkwardly interviewed by three people who weren't on the same page. Varying questions and you could tell they didn't like one another or that there was contempt between their teams.