Care1st Health Plan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 28, 2017

2.2

Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterey Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Care1st Health Plan (Monterey Park, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Pre screening occurred with a face to face interview to follow. I was scheduled for the interview and was placed in a room full of moving boxes, the interviewer was late and failed to introduce herself until after the interview was over

Interview Questions

• Generic questions not related to my work experience. I was not asked questions related to my license, I was confused to the title of the interviewer as she did not introduce herself to me at the beginning of the interview   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterey Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Care1st Health Plan (Monterey Park, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was called a couple days later by HR to set up a phone interview. First interview is a phone interview with HR about your background and additional information about the job. Second interview was an in person with the supervisor and Vice President of the department. The in person interview started as a solo interview with the supervisor and after that interview was over the Vice President came to interview. The supervisor was pleasant to speak with and asked questions related to my experience and answered questions I had asked. When the Vice President came in to interview you would think at this point it would be one on one with the Vice President that was not the case the supervisor stayed in the room. I found it a little odd since she is basically hearing the same information I just told her minutes before. The Vice President proceeded to speak and she went on and on about how she came about to this career path. I would say 10% of interview was great and informative and the other 50% was about the Vice President and the last 40% was praising the supervisor. I got the feeling from the interview with the Vice President was "it would be impossible for you to fill her shoes." HR was terrible with following up with candidates. I contacted HR about the update in status and did not hear back. I decided to check to see if job was still posted on the website which it was not. Pretty much figured out they offered it to someone else but did not have the professionalism to let the other candidates know. I also received a generic auto generated rejection months later after being informed by HR I was not selected. HR needs to get its act together.

Interview Questions

• Phone Interview:
      What made you apply for this position?
      What are your salary expectations?
      Can you tell me about your background?

In Person Interview:
      Tell me about your past experience.   Answer Question

Pan Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Care1st Health Plan (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Did not disclose absence of flex hours, overtime expectations - it was successful but did not reveal what I really needed to know to make decision - I did not expect that the job would turn out to be 8 + hours of daily incarceration - also, I am micromanaged to death unnecessarily over supervised - too many supervisors all with differing instructions

Member Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Care1st Health Plan (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview was very informal. Questions asked: How do you deal with personal conflict? How would you handle a caller who discloses that he/she wants to commit suicide? How do you deal with irate callers?

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with personal conflict?   1 Answer

Temp Utilization Manager Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Care1st Health Plan (San Diego, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for this position through a recruiting staff agency. The interview process for this temp position was very easy - I had one 1:1 interview with the hiring manager, who was very nice and respectful. It was a very easy interview, but this may be different if you are interviewing for a permanent position.

Leader Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Care1st Health Plan.

Interview

No formality, Went by what they think would be good. Very subjective and difficult in understanding. Went way too long and should get more interaction with the candidate.

Member Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Care1st Health Plan (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2014.

Interview

Went to the interview with Director, and then the COO. Discussed my qualifications and how it applied to the job. Was hired after the other person dropped out of the running. Probably found out how bad this job was. 3 managers in 18 months. Tells you something.

Member Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monterey Park, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Care1st Health Plan (Monterey Park, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

There was no interview process, I just showed up at my agency then they sent me to the company. They are always hiring people from the agency because they don't retain much of their personnel.