CareerArc Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

Sort:

Integration Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CareerArc (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview with Recruiter. Phone Interview with Hiring Manager. In-person Interview with three people on team - Manager, Director, potential colleague. The manager and colleague were nice and easy to talk to. The interviews were very long and wordy. I asked for feedback in the end and did not get it which is ironic considering what the company does.

Interview Questions

• What are your long-term goals, tell me about yourself, the usual.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Interview

Met with sales leadership team over the phone and management team in the company hq in Los Angeles - professional questions concerning domain expertise in the HR sector and cultural fit. Nice office setting and support staff. Asked primarily about not only my previous experience in the HR sector selling into HR leaders but also my future goals and ambitions. Nice to have them care about future growth plans - not many other firms I interviewed with were the same.

Interview Questions

• If you were to start work tomorrow (after training), how would you go about creating your own leads?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CareerArc (Burbank, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Very quick process, starting with phone screens, and ending with being flown to their onsite interview. I made it to the final round for an onsite interviewing process. I rarely write reviews here, but do want to note that contrary to a previous reviewer, every single person was very engaged, responsive and polite. I feel that had I closed for the role, I would have received a very fast decision either way. I really enjoyed meeting everyone and it's a very positive work environment, unfortunately not the *perfect* fit for me.

Interview Questions

• Standard interviewing questions. Small group lunch, followed by 1-1 interviews. The HR Director was very helpful in providing an agenda prior to meetings.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CareerArc (Burbank, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I was screened by human resources first by phone then invited in for a face to face interview. After that, I was invited back to interview with more people in the company. I was interviewed by several people in the company from all different departments to see if there was a culture fit and I met their qualifications. I met with five senior level people and partners.

Instructional Design Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CareerArc (Burbank, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied to the position online on Monday, having sent in a resume and a short cover letter. On Tuesday, I received a call from the Senior Director of HR, and we talked about CareerArc, and what they were looking for. The call went well, and she indicated that she would talk to the hiring manager about scheduling another call. As I was going to be in the area on Wednesday, I offered to drop by if they were interested in an in-person interview. By the end of the day, the interview was scheduled.

On Wednesday, I dressed for success and arrived for the interview. I was greeted cheerfully and escorted into a comfortable room with couch, table, and a nice view of Burbank. The hiring manager (VP of Client Success) talked with me for nearly an hour, and then decided to bring in two additional principals to complete the full round. In all, I was there for over 3 hours. All three interviews were more "discussion" type, with a lot of give and take. I was given the opportunity to speak about my background, and to hear about CareerArc and what they were looking for. I had prepared a document that describes my design process and some high level recommendations, based upon what I already knew, and I was able to present that and share additional ideas based upon new information. Expectations were set very well, for both the job and the company culture.

In all, the interview process was quite thorough and a bit exhausting, but I left with a positive feeling and an expectation that I would hear back soon.

I followed up on Thursday morning with my "Thank You" notes to all parties. By Thursday evening, I received a verbal offer, and by Friday, the written offer was in my email box.

CareerArc is a company that takes their time to find the right person, and when they do, they move quickly. But they are willing to take the time to find the right person, and not settle. The people are friendly, and the culture is very open, engaging, with no micro-management. Smooth interview and hiring process. :-)

Instructional Design Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CareerArc (Burbank, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I decided a few months ago not to post an interview review, but curiosity recently got to me. I wanted to see if anyone else had a similar experience. I discovered only one review (for a different position), and it reports the same red flag albeit in far fewer words. While I’m loath to suggest that 2-for-2 similar reviews establish a pattern, I’m content to let readers draw their own conclusions.

But first, so as to dispel any illusion of an agenda, let me start off by stipulating all of the positive things I experienced.

CareerArc’s product and their mission, FAN-TAST-IC. Their corporate culture, warm and inviting. Their climate, while fast-paced and a little intimidating, is exciting and intriguing. Their corporate offices are very nice, beautifully appointed, and they're headquartered in Burbank near the Disney Studios. A nicer location in which to work is pretty hard to imagine. And everyone I spoke with throughout my two phone interviews and one VERY lengthy onsite visit, without exception, was VERY affable, cordial, and candid. Not a single one I didn’t like. I met with five people in total, all highly likable — the kind of people you’d want to have as professional colleagues. The job itself (at least as it was presented) was exciting and paved the way for bigger and better thing things down the road.

But where CareerArc went unacceptably off the rails was how I was treated after so much of my time was consumed. I went fairly deep into the interview process by any fair standard, and was summarily ignored (despite multiple requests for a fair and reasonable update) for nearly four weeks. It took a formal written complaint sent directly to the CEO to get any response at all. Needless to say, my phone rang less than 15 minutes later.

CareerArc reached out to me after discovering my resume online. (I never even heard of the company.) I had three interviews in just over two weeks' time, the third of which had me at their headquarters for a grueling four and a half hours. I would have given them twice the time if they asked for it, but the fact remains, CareerArc took a lot of my time at their initiation and request. Add to this, I invested additional hours filling out all the necessary forms, submitting and prepping references, and preparing a small portfolio of work product (which was requested by two of the people I spoke with during my third interview).

Before I departed their offices, I met with my primary HR contact one last time during which she thanked me for coming in and promised to keep me updated on my candidate status.

The following morning I sent a thank-you note to my contact as well as the four other people with whom I spoke. She responded quickly, thanking me for my time and stating that she would keep me posted on status as they went through the process.

One week later, I sent a followup email restating my interest in the position and asking for some fair and reasonable feedback. I was a job seeker pursing multiple opportunities, and I was fairly entitled to make informed decisions, especially considering the fact that CareerArc was the party who initiated this whole thing.

Two more full weeks passed and I received no response, which I still can’t wrap my head around. Then, one week later (three weeks to the day after I last heard from my contact), I reached out yet again. But this time I mentioned that I was in a position were I needed to make an informed decision about another career opportunity and simply wanted to know if I was still a viable candidate with CareerArc, my clearly preferred choice. I would have passed on another sure thing if I thought there was even a chance to get my foot in the door. I was hoping this might nudge them to either cut me loose or hold my interest.

I sent this email at approximately 9:30 in the morning. Again, there was no response from my contact, and I know for a fact that she was in the office that day. Then I called early the following morning and left her a voicemail message. I asked for a callback and 60 seconds of her time. As of TWO DAYS later, I still had yet to hear back from anyone. It was at this time that I fired off an email to the CEO. For the record, I would have been fine with any response, whether it was an outright rejection or a request for more time.

All of this is doubly troubling when you consider that the central pillar of the service that CareerArc provides their client base revolves around talent search and recruitment. I wonder what their clients would think if they knew how CareerArc conducted theirs. Perhaps they should take this to heart.

This job remains unfilled after nearly six months on pretty much every major job site, as well as their own Careers page. I’ve worked in this space for over 20 years, so I speak from authority. Given even marginal recruiting resources, it should have been filled in six to eight weeks, especially in a market like L.A. I've drawn my own conclusions.

Interview Questions

• Given an example of prior work experience where you received resistance to a project decision. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Client Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CareerArc in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was asked through email to pick a time for a 30 minute phone interview. I originally applied for an SDR role but the VP of HR moved me to interview for the role of an CSM. Honestly, it would have been a good idea if she told me ahead of time why I was moved to that role since I had experience in sales. It was a little bizarre to me, but I still proceeded with the interview, trusting her judgment that that might be a better fit for me. She asked standard interview questions during the phone call and had a sense of humor and was courteous, but didn't seem to know what position she was interviewing for. She asked about excel and analytics experience. At the end of the interview, she told me that my experience is a little too early for this role in my career because I have dabbled in a few roles. I don't know why she would have moved me to interview for this role if this was the case because my resume outright states my previous job titles and positions and the years of work experience I have (which is 4).

According to other interview experiences below, it seems like they make you go through way more interview processes than the average startup and that didn't seem attractive to me. For other startups I've interviewed at, it's usually 3-4 people that I meet and speak with, but one review below states that she interviewed with 8 people. Honestly, the company culture attracted me to this company, but the process can be simplified.

At the end of the phone call she also said she has me in mind for a few other roles for the company, but I feel like after this it's hard to trust her judgment anymore after she shifted me around in a position only to tell me at the end that I'm too early in my career for it. I didn't even applied for this position to begin with. I applied for a role that required less experience.

Interview Questions

• If I were to wave a magic wand right now, what would be the position you see yourself in?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CareerArc (Burbank, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Overall it was a very encouraging and refreshing experience. I believe I submitted to the position on LinkedIn and, at the time, wasn't sure I'd actually be the fit they were looking for, but I'm glad I submitted.

Both the HR representative and the subsequent interviewers really took the time to understand my unique career history - full of consulting and different industries - and how the skills and insights I've acquired over the years would work here at CareerArc.

I had an initial conversation with the HR rep that lasted about 1 hour, it was both pleasantly professional and helpful in what I could expect moving into the next round. When the person who would become my manager called, we spent nearly 90 minutes on the phone interview - he was open to every question I asked and spent just as much time learning my personality as he did my skill set. Shortly after our call, I received the follow up from HR to schedule the in person interview.

On the day of the interview, I was given exceptionally clear instruction on what to expect: where to park, who I'd be meeting and at what time and how (one interview was a Skype session with their Boston office). The interview itself lasted nearly 4 hours and I met all of the people I would go on to have direct contact with, which was remarkably helpful in my decision making process. Even the CEO came in to introduce himself and ask how the process was going. That spoke volumes to how seriously they take their corporate culture and value finding the right fit.

Throughout the interview it was clear that they valued my time and understood that I was interviewing them just as much as they were interviewing me. To give an employer so much of your time, energy, skills, passion and vision is a huge decision, one they're very cognizant of and they painted a well rounded picture both of what daily life here would look like and a vision of the company's future.

My advice for future candidates - they really do hire smart people here. I come in to work every day and am challenged, encouraged and coached in ways that set me up for success. That all started in the interview process. I knew what I brought to the table as did they, and together the conversation became more about understanding how those strengths would be mutually beneficial. Good luck to my future team mates out there who are considering joining us - it's an incredible adventure!

Interview Questions

• What was one of the biggest turn arounds you've had for a client in taking them from where they started to success?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at CareerArc in December 2013.

Interview

I had 8 interviews - 3 phone screenings and then a 3 hour interview meeting the top management team. It was intense, but they want to make sure they are hiring the right people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CareerArc (Marlborough, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

It was a long process. First phone interview with HR person, then phone interview with Hiring Manager, then I went in and interviewed with 5 different people and was in their offices for over THREE hours. I didn't get the role and received a very vague email from the HR person. For a company that's supposed to specialize in how to recruit and treat employees (they have an exit product they sell to the employers to help employees transition out), their attitude toward someone who spent at least 5-6 hours talking to them was appalling!

Interview Questions

• I honestly don't think any of their questions were all that difficult.   1 Answer

CareerArc Response

Aug 15, 2017 – CMO

Thank you for providing us feedback on your candidate experience. CareerArc’s goal is to assure excellent communication and exposure to our culture. With that goal in mind, we are of course... More