CareerArc Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at CareerArc

3.1

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CareerArc (Burbank, CA).

Interview

Phone screen and in person interview. Agree with other reviewers that the CFO had a very odd interview process. After listening to him lecture for 30 minutes, I decided this company was not for me. I grew impatient and wanted to get out of their office as I became uninterested.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CareerArc (Marlborough, MA) in March 2020.

Interview

Was emailed for a phone interview two days after applying. Phone interview was with hiring manager and lasted about 45 min. It was very conversational and easy. Ended with interest to have an in-person interview the following week. It took longer than expected for HR to schedule the in-person interview so that took place a week following. The in-person interview was 4 separate interviews over 3 hours with two directors, one CSM and the VP. All of those interviews were very pleasant and mostly conversational. I left with the impression from the hiring manager that the process would be moving forward to an offer, however that was not the case. I got the impression that it is a growing company with happy employees and they are looking for the right fit for the job.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you've overcome a challenge with your client or got them on board for something they may not have been interested in initially.   Answer Question

Sales - Biz/Dev Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CareerArc.

Interview

30-day long process from application submission on-line; included 4-phone interviews. Seemingly too long a period of time for an organization in the HCM space. I'd forgotten I interviewed there and then go the standard "no thanks" email.

Interview Questions

• Basic HR stuff, Basic historic overview, then - faux pitch call.   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CareerArc (Burbank, CA).

Interview

Extremely long interview process that lasted over four hours! This was probably the longest interview I have ever taken. There CFO had one of the strangest dialogues that I have ever encountered during interviews. It felt as though I was in a classroom, rather then being in an interview.

Found a lot about the company during interview process. A lot of info that’s on their site is not accurate and seems to be dated.

SDR Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at CareerArc.

Interview

Be wary of a company that has only positive reviews. It means it is likely there is likely coercion from management to write reviews. Wasn't a great experience. HR manager contacted me repeatedly to go in person for interview with three marketing managers. First two went well and they gave me compliments, but the third one was unprofessional. The female interviewing me asked me no relevant questions at all and mainly asked questions about my personal life, where I lived, my family, my hobbies, what movies I watched, what sports I played, and what apps I used. She then told me all about herself, how she likes cooking, and just learned how to slice onions. She said she hadn't watched any movies of late but would love to go watch some soon. She also asked me a weird question: "In the workplace, do you act professionally or do you like to have fun? I said that it is good to act professionally in any organization even if it is a fun environment. She sighed, seemed disappointed, and replied, "oh, I like to have fun." It was almost like she was flirting with me and behaved in a way and asked questions people don't ask in a professional interview.

The social media space has potential, but there a lot of companies like Careerarc out there and I wouldn't have taken this job and wasn't really interested in this company and wouldn't have went if the HR manager didn't keep emailing me to come in. I don't think its good to keep contacting an applicant to come interview if he hasn't responded because it gives the candidate false ideas and makes the company seem desperate. One plus though is they gave me a trial of career service.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CareerArc (Marlborough, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

It was a long process. First phone interview with HR person, then phone interview with Hiring Manager, then I went in and interviewed with 5 different people and was in their offices for over THREE hours. I didn't get the role and received a very vague email from the HR person. For a company that's supposed to specialize in how to recruit and treat employees (they have an exit product they sell to the employers to help employees transition out), their attitude toward someone who spent at least 5-6 hours talking to them was appalling!

Interview Questions

• I honestly don't think any of their questions were all that difficult.   1 Answer

CareerArc Response

Aug 15, 2017 – CMO

Thank you for providing us feedback on your candidate experience. CareerArc’s goal is to assure excellent communication and exposure to our culture. With that goal in mind, we are of course disappointed that you did not experience that in your time with us. We will review the feedback you provided and adjust our practices accordingly and where applicable. Our goal is to have a professional and thorough candidate experience for every applicant and we truly appreciate your comments as it helps us review our policies and improve upon them. Thank you again and best wishes in your search.

Client Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CareerArc in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was asked through email to pick a time for a 30 minute phone interview. I originally applied for an SDR role but the VP of HR moved me to interview for the role of an CSM. Honestly, it would have been a good idea if she told me ahead of time why I was moved to that role since I had experience in sales. It was a little bizarre to me, but I still proceeded with the interview, trusting her judgment that that might be a better fit for me. She asked standard interview questions during the phone call and had a sense of humor and was courteous, but didn't seem to know what position she was interviewing for. She asked about excel and analytics experience. At the end of the interview, she told me that my experience is a little too early for this role in my career because I have dabbled in a few roles. I don't know why she would have moved me to interview for this role if this was the case because my resume outright states my previous job titles and positions and the years of work experience I have (which is 4).

According to other interview experiences below, it seems like they make you go through way more interview processes than the average startup and that didn't seem attractive to me. For other startups I've interviewed at, it's usually 3-4 people that I meet and speak with, but one review below states that she interviewed with 8 people. Honestly, the company culture attracted me to this company, but the process can be simplified.

At the end of the phone call she also said she has me in mind for a few other roles for the company, but I feel like after this it's hard to trust her judgment anymore after she shifted me around in a position only to tell me at the end that I'm too early in my career for it. I didn't even applied for this position to begin with. I applied for a role that required less experience.

Interview Questions

• If I were to wave a magic wand right now, what would be the position you see yourself in?   Answer Question

Integration Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CareerArc (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview with Recruiter. Phone Interview with Hiring Manager. In-person Interview with three people on team - Manager, Director, potential colleague. The manager and colleague were nice and easy to talk to. The interviews were very long and wordy. I asked for feedback in the end and did not get it which is ironic considering what the company does.

Interview Questions

• What are your long-term goals, tell me about yourself, the usual.   Answer Question

Client Success Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at CareerArc (Marlborough, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

I was working with a staffing agency and applied and received an interview. My initial interview was via phone and was about 15 minutes. After I passed that interview I had an in person with the employee who previous held the position, the hiring manager, and the managers boss. They were all very informative and helpful. They continuously referred to their coworkers as family, there seemed to be a great culture. I unfortunately was unable to accept the offer because of the benefit package could not compare to the I currently have.

Instructional Design Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CareerArc (Burbank, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied to the position online on Monday, having sent in a resume and a short cover letter. On Tuesday, I received a call from the Senior Director of HR, and we talked about CareerArc, and what they were looking for. The call went well, and she indicated that she would talk to the hiring manager about scheduling another call. As I was going to be in the area on Wednesday, I offered to drop by if they were interested in an in-person interview. By the end of the day, the interview was scheduled.

On Wednesday, I dressed for success and arrived for the interview. I was greeted cheerfully and escorted into a comfortable room with couch, table, and a nice view of Burbank. The hiring manager (VP of Client Success) talked with me for nearly an hour, and then decided to bring in two additional principals to complete the full round. In all, I was there for over 3 hours. All three interviews were more "discussion" type, with a lot of give and take. I was given the opportunity to speak about my background, and to hear about CareerArc and what they were looking for. I had prepared a document that describes my design process and some high level recommendations, based upon what I already knew, and I was able to present that and share additional ideas based upon new information. Expectations were set very well, for both the job and the company culture.

In all, the interview process was quite thorough and a bit exhausting, but I left with a positive feeling and an expectation that I would hear back soon.

I followed up on Thursday morning with my "Thank You" notes to all parties. By Thursday evening, I received a verbal offer, and by Friday, the written offer was in my email box.

CareerArc is a company that takes their time to find the right person, and when they do, they move quickly. But they are willing to take the time to find the right person, and not settle. The people are friendly, and the culture is very open, engaging, with no micro-management. Smooth interview and hiring process. :-)