Carpetright Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 4, 2017

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Carpetright

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carpetright in August 2017.

Interview

Applied for this role online via the company website, and heard nothing back for three weeks. I had moved on to applying for other vacancies and had given up on the vacancy when I received a call out of the blue to arrange an interview.

Initially, I was asked to attend an interview the following day which I politely refuse (as I like to have time to prepare) for my interviews and was told the next available date would be on the Bank Holiday Monday as the manager was on holiday. I agreed to the new date and spent the time preparing.

I attended the interview which took place on the shop floor itself at a desk with the store manager. There was little to no privacy for the interview (both customers and staff walking around) and the desk was cluttered with files and paperwork which detailed the commission earnings of staff. This was openly shown to me as an example of the amount of commission which could be earned. Had it been my earnings information which had been shown to someone I would have quit my job then and there.

The interviewer spent a large amount of time talking about himself and what he did at the company, and not very much talking about the job itself. He then went on to talk about his dislike for "sales people", branded them "rip off artists" and stated that I would be working as a customer advisor not a sales advisor. Interestingly, he then went on to discuss how he had hired a member of staff with no sales experience and how just months later he was selling at least £10,000 of products per month.

When the conversation finally turned to my previous experience, it became clear that my interviewer had not read my CV nor had he read my application form, the questions he asked were all easily answered but the answers were obvious if you had reviewed my CV or application form for even two minutes before the interview.

At the end of the interview, I was told I would receive a response within a week of the interview by lunchtime on the following Monday at the latest. Have received no response, and my calls requesting an update have gone unanswered.

The entire process has taken six weeks to complete, and I haven't even had the courtesy of a response.

Complete waste of time, I'd recommend avoiding.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in retail before?   1 Answer

Store Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purfleet, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Carpetright (Purfleet, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by Carpetright to apply for the role, so I did. The interview was booked with just a few days notice.

On the day, the interview started late. There wasn't much discussion about the role, I was just asked if I'd been to see one of the new stores yet. No, I hadn't. Then there was a lot of one-way talk about what that person did for the company and why. It wasn't so much an interview as it was them talking about themselves. Then, I was asked to tell them about myself, one of the laziest interviewing questions ever. I hate this question. Some people don't like talking about themselves as a person, rather more what they can offer you professionally. It's not a sales job! I left, and went home. I waited around two weeks for a reply.

I eventually got a call the day after I'd given up hope. They said they wanted to see me again, but I didn't need to prepare anything for the second interview, it was more of a 'refresher' for them because they saw so many candidates. Nice to be remembered.

So, 3 weeks later after the initial interview, they booked me in for another one. I went and was seen promptly this time. The interviewer seemed very distracted and sent me into the office to talk to a member of the team, who was explaining the ins and outs of her job. The interviewer walked off and left me with the team member. It was awkward. He came back and asked if I had any questions, which I did. I thought they would be impressed with the research I'd done on the company's success, however, they seemed more interested in knowing if I'd since gone to look in a store. I hadn't, because I'd been busy and didn't have time to waste by gawping around their store, when I could see it all online.

So I had to wait over a week for a response on the 2nd interview which was incredibly frustrating. I called them up to get feedback, but my call went unanswered. Within the hour I had an email saying I wasn't successful, but if I liked any other jobs to let them know. There was another job I preferred which was much better suited to my skills than the one they asked me to apply for. They said they would put me forward, but never did and I never heard back ever again! What a complete waste of my time. Really disgusted.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carpetright (Manchester, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was based on a pre prepared sheet with numerous questions. Conducted by the sales manager
    Lasted approx an hour with standard questions
    Why do you want to work for Carpetright?
    What do you know about Carpetright?
    Tell me a situation when you have received good customer service?
    Tell me a situation when you have received bad customer service, why, what could have been done to make situation better?

Interview Questions

• Sell me a pencil over a pen.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Exeter, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Carpetright (Exeter, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

This company are so short staffed and desperate they had picked a completely different role for me before I even arrived for the interview and made it seem like they were doing me a favour

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Carpetright (Southampton, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

About an hour with the store manager, quite informal and relaxed - general competency, structured interview questions.

Going through the usual things that like to be explored, going through work history in more depth, successes, failures etc.

Customer Service, teamwork - not so much on the actual product which was surprised about but it became clear quite comprehensive training so product knowledge

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Carpetright?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southend-on-Sea, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carpetright (Southend-on-Sea, England (UK)) in May 2010.

Interview

Interviewer read dozens of questions from a several pages. Writing down answers as i spoke. Mostly on project manangement and personal triats. ie,. Describe the complete process of a project, what are your strength, why would you be suitable for this position. Alot if not all the questions are quite generic and could be found on the internet!

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when had to persuede someone about a particular task and how did you manage it?   1 Answer
    • What 3 things make a good project manager?   1 Answer