Carrington College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Carrington College (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2014.

Interview

It was a lengthy process, starting with talent acquisition, then finally meeting the marketing team. There was a series of phone calls/interviews and two half-day long in-person interviews. They were more interested in me being a cultural fit than my skills, which I found interesting. I didn't get asked a lot about my resume or my experience.

Interview Questions

• Why is a manhole cover round?   1 Answer

Treatment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Carrington College (Brentwood, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online at Indeed.com; called in for interview. Met with office manager and DDS; was told I would be called back for working interview that was never called for.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carrington College.

Interview

First was invited in for a group interview where they had everyone stand up and do a mini presentation. Two interviews with Director of admissions and dean of school.

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carrington College (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Brief telephone interview just confirming your resume and educational background. Then followed up with a formal telephone interview about three days later. Then when you are "screened" you speak to the Dean, which was very informal. If he'/she likes you, you must complete a background check packet and go for a drug screen. When that comes back passing, you are scheduled for a mock teaching session in front of a Program Director and 2 other random people from the school.

Interview Questions

• You have a student who is not performing up to standards or is acting out. What would you do?   Answer Question

Teaching Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carrington College.

Interview

HR from headquarters contacted me. Interview over the phone first. Then I had an interview in person at the school. I was asked to do teach back. I did a great teaching demonstration. I was notified that I got hired with a week after my teach back. The whole process about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a challenging student.   1 Answer

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Carrington College (Spokane, WA) in May 2011.

Interview

Initial interview of basic questions such as my prior experience both technical and teaching. Some get to know you type questions followed by what the job responsibilities included. Once you get past this they had me prepare a teaching demo that was presented to peers on a subject of their choice. AFter that Met with department lead and director of the school. Interview was several years ago so do not remember many specifics.

Negotiation

Simple asked for more and got it.

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carrington College (Albuquerque, NM) in February 2011.

Interview

The manager had no prior supervisory experience. We had a nice conversation but the manager completely misrepresented the quality of the students enrolled. Many turned out to be emotionally unstable and the manager and school did not care whether the instructors were physically safe and able to be productive in their teaching and grading.

Interview Questions

• What professional credentials do you have that we could encourage our students to pursue?
      Can you work with a prescribed lesson plan?   Answer Question

Director of Financial Aid Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carrington College in June 2014.

Interview

Carrington Stockton was an impressive place to interview. I was immediately given the impression that they cared for their students and staff. The Campus President had answers for my questions which demonstrated effective leadership. The phone interview which preceded the on site interview was not as intimidating as I thought it would be. Everyone I spoke with, from the appointment scheduler to the interviewers, were professional and pleasant. I was pleased with the clear approach to the process. Every interaction ended with an explanation of the next step. It is a long process, but they are very professional and upfront about it.

Career Services Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Interview

I started off with a phone interview which went great. The recruiter was very nice and made the process comfortable. Then I had the in person interview. The director was intense and told me that she has been looking for the "perfect" candidate for 7 months. 7 months???? That should have tipped me off that this was obviously not going to happen. If you are looking for someone for that long, the candidates aren't the problem. YOU ARE. I thought it went well overall but apparently I wasn't the "perfect" person she was looking for. I then emailed the recruiter asking about an update. She has blatantly ignored my emails. I should have known that the process would be unprofessional since this isn't a real university. Especially since the "campus" is a converted grocery store. Students and applicants beware!

Career Services Advisor Interview

Interview

Completed the phone interview. She asked about every job I have ever had, what my strengths and weaknesses were at each one. Why I wanted to work for the Devry Education Group, standard questions. Then I had to complete an online assessment. After this they will call within a week or two to schedule an in person interview.