Cartus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cartus Interview Questions

Updated Jan 22, 2018

2.8

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cartus.

Interview

Situation interviews yet they are brutal. The expectations are also unrealistic. Most of the questions have nothing to do with the job yet they want to see how you answer them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time...(and be prepared for examples of many kinds, most of which have nothing to do with the job).   Answer Question

Language Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cartus (Washington, DC) in December 2017.

Interview

Found jobs online, contacted company because I had not heard anything after applying a week earlier. Heard back via email, then got the person to interview me to write. She wanted an interview in less than one half business day from her notification, and although that was too soon, we made it work for the same week. She was impersonal, unfriendly, didn't even wish me happy holidays or Merry Christmas when I said the same in return, although they hired me on the spot. They needed someone with experience, their own transportation, and availability. They kept on stressing how they don't pay for 30-45 days, which was scary. Didn't ask for references, to prove I was a US citizen or at least with permission to work in the US, didn't ask for copies of my IDs like every other job I've had. Had me submit a 7-page document about protecting their rights and access to the program, student, etc. which led me to believe the company has had issues in that area, but the biggest no-no for me came when they finally got my banking information sorted (after losing my new hire paperwork at first!)--they were in touch and wanted to have me print a document with my social security number, banking info, signature, etc. on it and then fax or send it back via a regular email attachment. There was no encryption, no security, except within the Cartus emails sent within the company, and we aren't given those as outside trainers. I asked for resolution, after four business days and three more tries, someone wrote me back telling how ethical their IT dept. is, that's it. No solution, no trying to work it out, so I told them I couldn't continue. There is not a lot of support. Very sad.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been teaching? How do you teach accent reduction? What materials do you use? (all of these questions, I could tell, they were impressed with my answers, since the person doing the interview is local to the area where the HQ is located and doesn't have this type of experience, although the person manages trainers for programs like the ones I would teach.)   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiating the rate, which was quoted as $31 for an hour for one course and $33 for the other per hour. I did say that was okay by me, to have the ability to plan my own lessons, but I realized later they expect a lot of prep time, forms filled out monthly for reimbursing class fees, and they don't pay for any teacher materials at all. That would be okay if we didn't have to then worry about having our own copies of materials on hand, with "anything more than $7 requiring a receipt". When I reminded them that most months I would have copies exceeding that amount, they told me they only pay .10 per copy of anything at home, the rest of the entire program only has a budget of $100. So, why not go ahead and pay for a teacher book that can be returned to the headquarters when you're done, instead of buying it yourself or making copies of pages again and again?

Coordinator Interview

Interview

Most unprofessional experience of my life. I had an initial phone interview which went very well. The interviewer was eager to make an appointment for an in-person interview the following week. We picked a day and we were good to go -- I'd like to add that this person interviewing me was so impressed, she kept saying she was confident I would do very well at Cartus. Then she calls me after 9 PM (?!?!) and tells me that they need to reschedule and they'll get back to me. I didn't hear back so I called again, she told me the same thing. It's been weeks and I haven't heard anything. UNPROFESSIONAL COMPANY, DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME.

What kind of company does that? What kind of company calls people after 9 PM to let them know about a change in schedule?? Cartus is a JOKE.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cartus (Danbury, CT) in May 2017.

Interview

After 3 interviews over the period of 3 months including a practical interview where I presented with feedback of "best presentation I've seen" from the interviewer I was not given the offer. It turns out they had planned to promote internally all along and had someone in mind. This disrupted my job search efforts as I received such positive feedback I was confident in my standing.

Interview Questions

• Asked to present a practical presentation.   1 Answer

International Assignment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cartus (Lisle, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Application to be made online. Interest secured by phone call from Corporate HR Manager. Appointment set for interview with hiring team in local office. Follow up interview with lead management and option of third interview with senior leadership (VP level). Interview very structured and based on pre-determined questions mostly experiential and/or situational with shared reading of questions between interviewers. Required responses were not necessarily allied to the job process being interviewed for.

International Compensation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cartus (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Fantastic. The interviewer was very welcoming. The questions were not hard. More like a conversation rather than interview. We laughed a lot. I believe the interview is just to acknowledge your skills and get an idea of what your personality is like and how you will fit into the team.

Interview Questions

• Explain your excel knowledge   1 Answer

Team Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cartus (Irving, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Easy! Extremely personable and laid back interview process. Management was easy to talk to. I got hired when I walked out the door . Interview was lengthy but it helped and worked out for my good

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cartus in February 2016.

Interview

There was only 1 round of interview for me. But it was a peek season and they really needed someone very quickly to fill in the gaps. I gave the interview through a staffing agency in person at Cartus office. It was a great experience and Manager was pretty easy going who took my interview.
    On the whole the experience was great.

Relocation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cartus in December 2015.

Interview

many applications sent- three phone interviews, still waiting for weeks, finally a face to face- hope it goes well- we shall see next week but its been months trying to get in the door here and all I hear is they keep laying off people and advertising jobs- I am not sure how this one will go.

Interview Questions

• tell us about yourself- what has been your biggest weakness? What is your biggest strength?   Answer Question

Intercultural & Language Solutions Authorization Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cartus (Danbury, CT) in November 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via email in order to set up an interview. As I was applying from outside the location of the position, Cartus was flexible and allowed me to interview using Webex. The interview lasted an hour, and consisted of two employees taking turns in order to describe who they were, the position to which I was applying, and to ask my questions about myself. They were very responsive to emails that I had sent both leading up to and following the interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked many questions, as this constituted the majority of the hour-long interview. One of the questions I was asked was with regard to my previous manager, and what he or she would say was my biggest weakness on the job.   Answer Question