Cartus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Language Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cartus (Danbury, CT) in May 2013.

Interview

The entire process from application to offer letter took less than a week. It was no nonsense and to the point - yes that also means there was no room for negotiating, but for an entry level position it is not surprising. I got a very positive impression of the two people who interviewed me and the company as a whole. I accepted the offer and am still here three years later.

Interview Questions

• Typical HR interview questions: can you remember a time when... what was an example of your success/failure etc   Answer Question

Language Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cartus (Alexandria, VA) in January 2018.

Interview

Went smoothly overall, very surprised not to be asked for a single reference or background check, not a single lesson plan or verification of past employers or employment, which is standard for my industry--always. But, they hired me on the spot! I accepted and then the strange way they wished to collect my personal identifiable information wasn't protected or legal. Social security numbers, banking account info, and even my signature and other protected information was not encrypted and no plan was devised or in place to send that way, they kept insisting it was protected when sent from my non-Cartus email account, via attachment, into their system, by saying it had an encryption seal on it when they saw my messages. That is NOT encrypted! They have their own website for employees, so why not use it to send secure payment and client information? I knew I would have to send every monthly report via an unsecure method, and since I signed a 7-page technical legal document regarding protecting and "always encrypting" client/student information or face dismissal or legal action, I thought it would not work to do classes in this manner. So, I told them until that was fixed or I could send another way, it wouldn't be feasible to begin lessons with the clients assigned for me to teach.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with being paid once per month?   1 Answer
    • How would you teach pronunciation to someone who doesn't speak English as a first language?   1 Answer
    • How long have you taught English?   1 Answer
    • Could you teach cultural classes in German?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cartus in May 2015.

Interview

Applied through employee referral. HR contacted me a day later to tell me about the program, what they were looking for in their ideal candidate, etc. Scheduled a phone interview for the following week which was really straight forward behavioral questions. Know your resume well and be able to talk about your experiences, teamwork, and leadership. Got an offer two days after the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to work with someone you didn't always agree with   Answer Question

Client Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cartus (Danbury, CT) in March 2012.

Interview

You are asked about how you responded in various scenarios, silly and irrelevant. Very generic.

Interview Questions

Offered a better job outside the company (not hard to find any psotion better than one within Cartus)

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cartus (Danbury, CT) in May 2017.

Interview

After 3 interviews over the period of 3 months including a practical interview where I presented with feedback of "best presentation I've seen" from the interviewer I was not given the offer. It turns out they had planned to promote internally all along and had someone in mind. This disrupted my job search efforts as I received such positive feedback I was confident in my standing.

Interview Questions

• Asked to present a practical presentation.   1 Answer

Accounting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cartus (Danbury, CT).

Interview

Applied online they called and I went in for an interview and they asked situational questions

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cartus (San Francisco, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

Just a phone call with simple questions about my background and education. Seriously, there was nothing that you would usually expect such as teaching methods, etc. Basically, they just want to make sure that you have the minimum qualifications and (maybe) are personable. Bonus points if you speak another language or have overseas experience, perhaps.

Negotiation

Not possible.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cartus (Danbury, CT) in May 2012.

Interview

This was one of the worst interviews of my life. I was called by a recruiter to set up the interview who was easy going, nice to work with. Upon the interview, things changed drastically.

I was supposed to meet with a man and a woman. Some other woman took the place of the man and I was not answered when I asked about this sudden change. The replacement interviewer was dressed in jeans, sneakers. looked homeless and played with her iPhone the whole time, while the other woman patronized me while I answered questions. I found it interesting that I was told they interview very "formally", given how the one woman was dressed and how she acted. I was not treated with respect by these people. I have a disability which they were not understanding or tolerate of. I was asked questions that had nothing to do with the job I was interviewing for.

Everyone there seemed to be young, white, and dressed inappropriately.

If you are good at interviewing, you'll have no problem.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you helped a customer and the outcome drastically helped the company.   1 Answer

Real Estate Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cartus (Irving, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

1:1 interview with staffing agency recruiter. Skills test: Excel, typing test etc... A few days later had a panel interview (initial screening interview) with 3 supervisors. Gave a brief overview of the company, salary, day to day duties. 20 min later, had the final interview with a department director. Customer service scenario questions: what would you do, how would you handle etc... If you are interviewing for this position, make sure you explain how effective you are providing excellent customer service and your ability to multitask and you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• If you had a extremely upset customer how who wanted to leave the company, how would you save the deal.   Answer Question
    • Give examples of how you multitask...   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation, salary was set.

Senior Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cartus (Irving, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

Manager approval, submit resume and annual review (TPM), Interview with standard questions which attempt to sum up your personal experience, inside and out of work. After the normal interview I was given "homework", to ensure that I was capable of the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself or your past that you would change, or something that you've done wrong, and how did you correct it   1 Answer

Negotiation

Never accept the first pay rate, always ask for more, give a specific reason for the request...I got an additional $1000 annually. Not much, but it's better than the original offer.