Casper Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Casper Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2018

2.5

Anonymous Position Interview

Interview

After phone screen, scheduled an interview with senior level person. Like another reviewer said, nothing technical, they only curious about your current company’s structure, ask lots of questions about structure and how you handle, to write down notes for themselves. I feel whole interview was for fishing.

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Casper.

Interview

I applied online and then did a phone screening with Andrew in HR. The interview was interesting and informative. I was told that I would hear back by the end of the week. The next day, I sent a thank you follow up email. It’s been nearly two weeks and I never received any correspondence from the company. The unprofessional interview procedure is a sign that the company really isn’t as unique and profound as it says it is.

Senior Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Casper.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted the same day. I was told to submit my availability for a phone call, and the recruiter confirmed. The time came and the call never came. Huge red flag for the HR in this company. Glad I didn't waste my time.

Analyst, Data & Analytics Interview

Interview

A few hours after I applied I got info about a data challenge. As the other reviewers posting here say, the data set was very small so there wasn't a lot you could do with it. Got an email the next day saying my analysis wasn't enough.

Interview Questions

• Is a certain quantity trending up or down? Write a particular SQL query.   Answer Question

Analyst, Data and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Casper.

Interview

Given a small data set to work on and asked if a certain response was trending up or down. Very straightforward, and I went above and beyond what they asked, but it still wasn't enough. I don't know what else they wanted with such a straightforward question and small data set. It wasn't like I could implement a machine learning algorithm -- it was that simple. I'm at a loss

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Casper.

Interview

I have the same experience as the other posts here for this position.If you need more insights other than trends,just say it.

I got No feedback from the assessment but an automatic declined letter.

Analyst, Data and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Casper.

Interview

I received an automated email inviting me to take a data challenge consisting of two very easy questions. I was given five days to complete the exercise which the email said should not take more than two hours (it could probably be completed in about 10 minutes). I finished it and submitted it through the link from the original email, and received another automated email with a rejection in less than a day, with no feedback. I had a similar experience to the other candidate who reviewed the interview here. Casper must expect candidates to go above and beyond and answer questions they didn't ask, because the dataset is tiny (about 200 records) and the questions are very straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Given a dataset, is return rate trending up or down?   Answer Question
    • Write a SQL query that returns the number of completed orders by date   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Casper (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

Phone screening by recruiter followed by a technical review finished with a 3 hour in person interview. The HR was very communicative and everyone was very friendly. They filled the role during my interview process and let me know immediately

Interview Questions

• Basic Technical screening through a pair programming video chat. This was not very difficult as the spec was clearly defined. This was not an algorithm test. There was no other questions or anything unexpected.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Casper.

Interview

After 3 months of being MIA, the internal recruiter had the assistant schedule a time for me to meet the team- no apologies or explanation for not answering previous follow ups. Met 4 people. 3 out of 4 had chips on their shoulder with a "tell me what you do in 30 seconds" mentality. After acing it, I flipped the similar question on them and asked them to talk about themselves and what they see for the department; they could not explain nor summarize for the latter. They were not interested in hearing the rest of my background, only interested in hearing my current department's structure (notes for themselves) and fishing for free practice advice... 3 of the 4 could not explain the expectations of the role consistently, only the last interviewer was able to reiterate the actual job description they posted and able to articulate the future vision for this role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself in 30 seconds.   1 Answer

Lead, Site Optimization & Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Casper (New York, NY).

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, who gave me initial screen. Next phone interview with Hiring Manager. Heard within an hour I'd been invited to the final in-person round. Asked a variety of very specific questions about statistics, programming, business and the classic startup question about my vision. It seemed they wanted a candidate that doesn't really exist (strong technical skills, heavy stats background and solid business acumen) and were not willing to compromise on anything.

Interview Questions

• What's your vision? What does p-value represent in statistics? Which Python packages do you use?   Answer Question