Casper Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Casper Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2018

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Casper (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Was contacted through by Casper through Hired. A phone interview was set up a week later but the recruiter ghosted me. Never received a call or email explaining what happened.

Talk about rude.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter stood me up so there weren't any questions.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

HR seems a little disorganized, but the people I spoke to were very friendly. After my second round phone interview I was told I would be given a coding assignment within the next day or two. After waiting 4 days or so I emailed the recruiter regarding the coding assignment and heard nothing back. After a week and a half I contacted her again and received a reply this time with the coding assignment saying that there was a mix up. This was a couple days before Christmas, and I was asked to have it turned in by Dec. 26. I should have asked to postpone it knowing I wouldn't have much free time over the holiday weekend, but I instead turned in a rushed assignment. Unfortunate, but I learned a valuable lesson.

Interview Questions

• Sketch a rails app that deal with shipments, warehouses, products, and inventory.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Casper (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Fairly straightforward. Personality screen with the recruiter, technical phone screen mostly about my background and current position with an engineer, take-home assignment, and finally an afternoon-long on-site interview. The assignment was specific to their stack which I think is unfortunate as it acts as a background filter more than competence or skill filter.

The people there were friendly and intelligent. It was a pleasant process to go through but I found their focus on their technology stack in the final two stages of the interview to be off-putting.

Interview Questions

• Every question was about relational database design.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Way too many rounds of interviews. I had a phone screen, in person algorithm type interview, take home programming assignment, and then another in person which consisted of making some changes to my programming assignment, and some pair programming. Too many rounds, and HR was extremely slow/disorganized, was a nightmare trying to get in touch every time.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Casper (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

They have no reception area. I had to email the girl in HR when I arrived to advise I was in the office. Typical start up feel (no dress code, snacks, sleep room, no 401k, games, etc). The position and start up thing is not a right fit for me so I was not upset by the fact I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

Casper Response

Feb 4, 2016 – Director of Talent

We're sorry to hear you had a bad experience with your interview! As a fast growing company, we've moved into a new office space several times in our first couple of years. The exciting news is... More

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Casper (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Great interview process. I applied online and heard back from an HR representative after a couple weeks. She worked very quickly towards hiring and was overall very responsive. After an initial phone screening she scheduled an in-person interview with 3 of the members of the team I was interviewing for. When I met them, the interview process was fun, easily and enjoyable. Made me really want to work for the company. I heard back within 24 hours on next steps. They asked me to complete a couple assignments for them. I got the job offer by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• What are your favorite brands on the internet at the moment?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Casper in April 2017.

Interview

Pretty straightforward two-part interview process. First I spoke on the phone to someone in HR, then had a Google Hangouts interview with two people on the team I was applying for a job with. Overall very informal and pleasant experience, with no trick questions or anything like that.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Casper (New York, NY).

Interview

HR contacted me for preliminary interview about 3 days after applying. Very responsive and organized in scheduling interview. Then when it came time to speak with the director of the department, it was rescheduled three times. When I finally spoke with the director, barely apologized for the rigamarole. Questions weren't hard. Told to email with any questions. I did and yet crickets from both contacts. My advice would be to let HR do the first screener and then introduce director for in-person.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Casper (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Everything at first started off great. Quick and really responsive. They brought me into their beautiful office and said they were interested and would be in touch. I even got a reply from a high-up manager that they would be in touch! Then they just stopped responding to emails...
    Q
    If someone isn't a good fit, just say it. Perhaps they say that to everyone, but man! It was like going on a super promising date, you get a kiss and then nothing! It was just a disappointing experience.

Affiliate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Casper (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview first round. Pretty straight forward. They ask you about past experiences and your interest for the role. If they like you, they will give you an assignment before meeting in-person. Assignment is pretty tough, even though it may seem straight forward, corporate expectation despite start-up culture is how I would describe it