Casper Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Casper (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied directly on their website and got an e-mail from their internal recruiter to schedule a phone interview after 2 weeks. Then interviewer went MIA after responding with my availability...

After a week, finally scheduled a phone interview after offering new time slots- no apology or indication for tardiness.

Had a seemingly great interview (fit was there, personality and attitude was there, etc.) and was advised turnaround time would be quick and should get some form of feedback in a week. It's been 2 weeks now and once again... MIA.

Not sure if it's a blackhole in the process or interviewer, or maybe I flopped.

Was really expecting more structure and follow through given Casper's big push to obtain high quality talent.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Casper.

Interview

Submitted resume and was contacted about a week and a half later for phone interview. After phone interview I was scheduled to go into the office to meet with members of the team. I met with about 5 team members who couldn't of been more welcoming and friendly. The entire interview process was organized, welcoming, and structured. Probably the most seamless and enjoyable interview process I've ever had.

Salesforce Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Casper.

Interview

There was basically NO process to talk about. The initial phone screen was quick and dirty. Casper called me about a month after I applied for the position - which made me feel a bit suspicious about the company.

Anyway, out of curiosity, I interviewed for the Developer role. I only had one more interview, after the initial phone screen, with a lead of a non-technical department. The lead never asked me any technical questions, nor did the lead ask me anything that was too difficult to answer.

Fast-forward three weeks later, and I still haven't heard anything back from HR, despite sending an email as a follow-up.

This, by far, has to be the most UNPROFESSIONAL interview process that I have experienced. I have never interviewed at a company before without receiving an update from HR in a timely manner. Interview at Casper AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Interview Questions

• Most questions didn't make sense because the interviewer knew nothing about Salesforce.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Casper.

Interview

Applied online, received an take home test after a few days. The instruction was not clear at all, so I e-mailed the recruiter to ask questions about the test twice, but received no response . I waited for 3 days for response and since you need to hand in your work in five day, there wasn't much time left so I had to hand in the answer with my own assumptions.

After a few days, I received an e-mail from another employee saying that they decide not to continue with my candidacy.

I feel like the recruiter is extremely unprofessional. They expect you to answer a lot of the questions in the test but they did not mention it in the instruction.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Casper (New York, NY).

Interview

HR contacted me for preliminary interview about 3 days after applying. Very responsive and organized in scheduling interview. Then when it came time to speak with the director of the department, it was rescheduled three times. When I finally spoke with the director, barely apologized for the rigamarole. Questions weren't hard. Told to email with any questions. I did and yet crickets from both contacts. My advice would be to let HR do the first screener and then introduce director for in-person.

Talent Acquisition Interview

Interview

It's no surprise to see the awful feedback about the interview process for roles within their Talent Acquisition org. I received a reply from someone at the leadership level shortly after applying and setup a time to chat. Day off the interview I was completely blown off. When I emailed the person, they claimed they "called by no one picked".

No missed call. No voicemail. Nothing. I mean, why not just say the dog ate your homework? When pushed a bit further as to what happened - it was a series of lame excuses; the call didn't go through (but wait - you just said you called?), the ATS got it wrong (complete with carefully curated screen shots!), etc. Again, very sophomoric in terms of process and especially from a senior leader on their TA team.
    That said, I withdrew from the process and saw it as the universe giving me a heads up.
    Beware of this place!

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Casper.

Interview

Applied online and was selected to participate in a phone screen. The interviewer was very friendly and answered all of my questions with no hesitation. I thought the interview went well, and was told to wait a few days to hear back. Five days past and when I followed up with the recruiter that I interviewed with, I got a canned email response back saying that they reviewed my resume and I didn't fit the qualifications. It was disheartening to know that they would waste my time with a phone interview, especially since you should be reviewing resumes before selecting people to interview. I would've appreciated a timely response from a human instead of a canned one. Definitely left a bad taste in my mouth about Casper.

Talent Acquisition Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Casper in June 2017.

Interview

Negative experience and would not recommend. First round was a phone interview (which was fine) but the second round for an on-site was such a negative experience and I have never felt so belittled during an interview. It was a 2.5 hour long interview with 5 people and the first person came off as nice but also asked very condescending interview questions, almost grilling me at one point. The others after that came in were nice, and then the last girl were also off putting. I asked a general question and with a dead stare, said "Uh I don't work in that dept so I don't know??".
    They need to work on their "executive-level" employees. While I am sure they are impressive in their work, I have never felt so belittled during an interview. A bit of kindness goes a long way and unfortunately, this was a horrible candidate experience and I wouldn't recommend to anyone this company. I ended up withdrawing and would rather work elsewhere that is a bit more respectful.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Casper (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Was contacted through by Casper through Hired. A phone interview was set up a week later but the recruiter ghosted me. Never received a call or email explaining what happened.

Talk about rude.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter stood me up so there weren't any questions.   1 Answer

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Casper (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Very good process! They were very efficient about it and the interviewers were very friendly. The questions were mainly based on my resume and past experiences, so know your resume and projects inside out!