Casper Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Casper Interview Questions

Updated Jan 16, 2018

2.6

Analyst, Data and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Casper.

Interview

Given a small data set to work on and asked if a certain response was trending up or down. Very straightforward, and I went above and beyond what they asked, but it still wasn't enough. I don't know what else they wanted with such a straightforward question and small data set. It wasn't like I could implement a machine learning algorithm -- it was that simple. I'm at a loss

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Casper.

Interview

I have the same experience as the other posts here for this position.If you need more insights other than trends,just say it.

I got No feedback from the assessment but an automatic declined letter.

Analyst, Data and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Casper.

Interview

I received an automated email inviting me to take a data challenge consisting of two very easy questions. I was given five days to complete the exercise which the email said should not take more than two hours (it could probably be completed in about 10 minutes). I finished it and submitted it through the link from the original email, and received another automated email with a rejection in less than a day, with no feedback. I had a similar experience to the other candidate who reviewed the interview here. Casper must expect candidates to go above and beyond and answer questions they didn't ask, because the dataset is tiny (about 200 records) and the questions are very straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Given a dataset, is return rate trending up or down?   Answer Question
    • Write a SQL query that returns the number of completed orders by date   Answer Question

Analyst, Data & Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Casper.

Interview

Received an email from recruiter regarding interest in my resume. Sent me some home work to do within 5 days. Was a simple data analytical homework, nothing too crazy. I spent 2 whole days working on it and typed a 5-7 page analysis, explaining my thought process and backed up my opinion with clear cut analytics. Then I receive an automatic reject email literally the same day I submitted my homework. If they paid attention, I spent a lot of time, even making the font and format of the whole document neat so employees wouldn't have to look through messiness. Its unfortunate for them. At least I have an assignment done that I can submit to get into grad school.

Interview Questions

• 1. Was the items return rate trending upwards or downwards?
      2. Type up a sql statement that combines completed items that was sold and not returned.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Casper.

Interview

After 3 months of being MIA, the internal recruiter had the assistant schedule a time for me to meet the team- no apologies or explanation for not answering previous follow ups. Met 4 people. 3 out of 4 had chips on their shoulder with a "tell me what you do in 30 seconds" mentality. After acing it, I flipped the similar question on them and asked them to talk about themselves and what they see for the department; they could not explain nor summarize for the latter. They were not interested in hearing the rest of my background, only interested in hearing my current department's structure (notes for themselves) and fishing for free practice advice... 3 of the 4 could not explain the expectations of the role consistently, only the last interviewer was able to reiterate the actual job description they posted and able to articulate the future vision for this role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself in 30 seconds.   1 Answer

Lead, Site Optimization & Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Casper (New York, NY).

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, who gave me initial screen. Next phone interview with Hiring Manager. Heard within an hour I'd been invited to the final in-person round. Asked a variety of very specific questions about statistics, programming, business and the classic startup question about my vision. It seemed they wanted a candidate that doesn't really exist (strong technical skills, heavy stats background and solid business acumen) and were not willing to compromise on anything.

Interview Questions

• What's your vision? What does p-value represent in statistics? Which Python packages do you use?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Casper.

Interview

Submitted resume and was contacted about a week and a half later for phone interview. After phone interview I was scheduled to go into the office to meet with members of the team. I met with about 5 team members who couldn't of been more welcoming and friendly. The entire interview process was organized, welcoming, and structured. Probably the most seamless and enjoyable interview process I've ever had.

Salesforce Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Casper.

Interview

There was basically NO process to talk about. The initial phone screen was quick and dirty. Casper called me about a month after I applied for the position - which made me feel a bit suspicious about the company.

Anyway, out of curiosity, I interviewed for the Developer role. I only had one more interview, after the initial phone screen, with a lead of a non-technical department. The lead never asked me any technical questions, nor did the lead ask me anything that was too difficult to answer.

Fast-forward three weeks later, and I still haven't heard anything back from HR, despite sending an email as a follow-up.

This, by far, has to be the most UNPROFESSIONAL interview process that I have experienced. I have never interviewed at a company before without receiving an update from HR in a timely manner. Interview at Casper AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Interview Questions

• Most questions didn't make sense because the interviewer knew nothing about Salesforce.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst, Marketing Analytics Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Casper in August 2017.

Interview

I was referred via a current employee and had a phone screen with a recruiter. This call covered the basics of my experiences as well as technical skills (coding languages, etc.). Then I completed a take-home data assignment with some sample data and business questions to answer. This was not a difficult assignment and mostly involved data exploration.

After sending back the assignment, the recruiter reached out to me to schedule a phone interview with an analytics team member that week, I responded promptly but didn't hear back that week. I followed up the following week and didn't hear back until over a month later. When I finally got a response, it was a form e-mail to enter my availability for a different position than what I had started my interview for. I did not continue the interview process since I was pursuing other opportunities.

Talent Acquisition Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Casper (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

I had an initial phone call with someone on the talent team and was then invited to an in person interview. I spoke to 4 people during the onsite, they were all friendly and informative. Overall, the process took 2 weeks. They were flexible working with my schedule, informative, and prompt in response time.

Interview Questions

• Q. Why do you want to work at Casper? What do you think makes Casper different?   Answer Question