Casper Reviews | Glassdoor

Casper Reviews

Updated Jan 29, 2020

3.5
Casper Co-Founder & CEO  Phillip Krim (no image)
Phillip Krim
Pros
Cons
  • "Since retail is new there are lots of growing pains that need to be figured out by corporate to properly run a retail environment(in 7 reviews)

• "self-taught extremely fast paced environment that wouldn't suit someone that needs their hand held every step of the way(in 3 reviews)

1. "Comfortable Enviornment"

Current Employee - Sleep Specialist (Retail Associate) in Miami, FL

I have been working at Casper part-time for less than a year

Pros

Pretty relaxing environment, manager is fair and nice and everyone working there is friendly; fun, drama free environment.

Cons

I have no vices about the location i work for.

Casper2019-10-29
  2. "Slow Down"

I have been working at Casper

Pros

-Easy Job -Not hectic -Slow Pace -Coworkers

Cons

-Growing faster than it needs to, stores are under stocked in product but company continues to open stores. -Huge communication issues from corporate to retail. -100 different programs that don’t work together. -Creates busy work because of down time but busy work is insulting to any intelligent human being in there. -Employee discount is a great percentage but they don’t let you buy the actual good stuff with it. -it’s Team Corporate vs Team Retail -Doing returns is a nightmare. -No empowered leadership. They decide everything for you, no thinking required.

Casper2020-01-29
  3. "This company is going down the drain."

Former Employee - Marketing Manager

I worked at Casper full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Smart, wonderful people to work with. Fun culture.

Cons

Senior management makes rash, thoughtless decisions and only cares about the well-being of senior management. There is no direction. Overall, huge gaps in communication. No room for career growth.

Casper2020-01-07
  4. "Great people, cool company - needs direction"

I worked at Casper full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, big budgets, and a lot of room for testing and learning. Office is great, and the stocked kitchen is nice. Lots of happy hours and events - and Casper’s swag is the best.

Cons

Regularly changing direction, the company is definitely experiencing growing pains as it looks to a potential IPO, trying to balance profitability with topline revenue.

Casper2019-12-03
  5. "Great company to work for! Weird bonus system!"

Current Employee - Sleep Specialist

I have been working at Casper part-time for more than a year

Pros

lots of snacks, quarterly outings, big bonuses, better pay

Cons

bonus structure works off a random goal set with no previous history or established base

Casper2019-11-22
  6. "Good"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Casper full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great pay and exciting start up environment

Casper2019-10-26

"Ghosted after interviews"

I worked at Casper

Pros

Free mattress after 6 months of employment

Cons

I had three interviews which all went really well. During my final interview I was told I’d be notified on a decision by the end of the week. Which never came. I sent a follow up email to the recruiter, and still nothing. I completely understand if I wasn’t the right fit for the position. But it’s common courtesy to respond to a potential candidate rather than ghosting them. This was all incredibly unprofessional, and a waste of time. Setting up the interviews was like pulling teeth because the recruiter would respond so sporadically. One of the interviews was through video chat with the store manager. Who was late for the interview, and in their pajamas... in bed! The irony... Don’t waste your time with this place, very unprofessional.

Casper2019-11-11
  8. "Nutty, but great place to work!"

Former Employee - Senior Designer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Casper full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Learned a lot. Open communication from the top down. Fantastic benefits. Great people!

Cons

Lots and lots of meetings. Priorities constantly shifting.

Casper2019-10-08
  9. "Okay for retail"

Former Employee - Sleep Specialist

I worked at Casper full-time for more than a year

Pros

The product is a genuinely good product that you feel good about recommending to customers. You also receive a good amount of free product working for the company including pillows and a mattress, the occasional branded swag items, and sometimes free products when the company launches something new. There are a few really great managers in this company that genuinely care about their staff and store, if you find one the experience working for Casper is great. If you land a full time position you can sign up for benefits and you receive PTO and sick time.

Cons

This company is focused on burnout culture. They give kudos to employees that are available and working 24/7 on a public scale, instead of hiring more people. If you don’t also do the job tasks of the employee above you along with your position and don’t actively ask for more responsibility all at the same time you are treated like a bad employee. This company brags about paying their employees well enough to not have to be on commission, but in reality are paying pennies more than average retail. But at the same time expect so much more from their employees than normal retail. The sales bonuses are ok but they are pro rated based on hours so if you’re part time you won’t see much of a bonus. Most stores aren’t receiving bonuses due to not meeting goal anyway. There is little to no promotion inside the company and only happens in cases of dire need for staff.

Casper2019-10-19

"Started off great..."

Current Employee - Sleep Specialist

I have been working at Casper full-time for less than a year

Pros

2 Free pillows after 1 month of employment. Free Mattress after 6 months of employment Can be a fun environment. Benefits. Bonuses.

Cons

At times it can feel like you are micro-managed. Sometimes you feel like you get so much praise if you make big sales but when you don't perform well it feels like you get picked on. Pay could be better... Most sleep specialist either are working a second job, looking for a second job or just looking to replace this job all together. You kinda get sucked in with the bonus. You don't want to leave before you get a bonus check because you worked so hard for it, but you are also ready to leave. Sometimes the VP sends emails with 2 sentences of praise then the rest of the email is negative. The VP is more negative then he is positive. We also get beat out by our third party retailers (Costco, Amazon, Target & QVC). Sleep specialist get directed to lie to customers (by store managers) about products that are sold outside of the store to make a sale. Honestly it just feels like high school all over again.

Casper2019-10-12

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 73 reviews