Cathay Pacific Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cathay Pacific Interview Questions

Interviews at Cathay Pacific

2.8

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific.

Interview

The group interview begins with a presentation on the company itself and an explanation of the training process if you were to be chosen for the position. We are then separated into groups for a discussion about various aspects of what it means to be a flight attendant.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important factor in working as a flight attendant?   Answer Question

Lead Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Your basic "tell me about yourself" type interview. I had a phone screen with the HRBP and was asked to come in for an in person interview the next week. I met with that same HRBP and the VP of People. The conversation went well, or so I thought. I was told they would contact me about next steps the following week. I sent out thank you emails after the interview. I followed up with a quick check in email at the end of the following week since I did not hear anything either way. Followed up a week later and this past Monday a full month after my in person interview. Not a single reply or even the form email letting me know that I was not selected. If this is how they treat candidates I can only assume what the culture is like for employees.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by in-person interview (with 3 hiring/HR managers). Reference checks by HR department. Very straight forward questions, no behavioral base questions. The questions are very fair; no tricky questions. Whole process is about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Questions on scenarios regarding customer service and problem solving ability.
      No past-experience/behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific.

Interview

At the first group interview, the recruitment team will observe you, how you interact in a group, if you're friendly, nice attitude, and easy to talk to. They will first do an introduction of the company, flight attendant life, benefits and salary. After the introduction, they will divide into small groups of 5-7. Groups will take turn to do interview (about you, why you want to be FA...), language test (very easy, they talk to you in your language and make you read a small paragraph), and reach test (able to reach a sticky note on the wall, you can tiptoe).
    Second interview is one on one with more questions about your experience, your future goals, customer service... (do your research and you'll be fine)
    After you pass the second interview, they will schedule you to do health and drug test (very strict) and computer test (which if you fail, you can retake it).
    Overall process took about 3 weeks. It wasn't that hard.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific (New York, NY).

Interview

Group interview first. while waiting you do a language assessment and reach test. Then you go into a room with 10-15 people and do a group discussion and activity. If selected you will be scheduled to come back to the 1 on 1 interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Cathay Pacific Airways?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

In the first group meeting, there will be an introduction of Cathay pacific, few crews will be out to answer your questions about the position, foreign language test(read & speak), & reach test. In the panel interview, you will be asked to introduce yourself and explain why you want to work for Cathay pacific.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself, why you want to be a flight attendant   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Fist round: Watch a brief introduction about the company, then you are tested on your height and read a short paragraph in your second language and the last part you have a group interview and that was all for the day they call you if you are selected for the second interview

Second round: Another group assignment then everyone will have a chance for a 1 on 1 interview with one of the recruiters after this is done you wait for a call by the end of the week to let you know if you are selected or not

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Self introduction then discussion as a group. The facilitators spent most of their time observing how candidates interacted with each other, whether or not you participated in the group discussion as a team player, or if you were trying to take control and lead the group. Over all it was a fairly simple process. Just make sure you are on your best behavior at all times because they are observing your every move.

After the first session, those that were successful got a call to come in for round 2. Round 2 was another group session and a 1 to 1 interview (more like 1 to 2 actually) with the facilitators.

Successful candidates were called a few days after to go for their medical examination and English test.

Interview Questions

• What are important characteristics to have to be part of an award winning cabin crew team?   Answer Question

Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

E-mail notification followed by a brief phone interview. then on-site interview was scheduled with the department director which lasted about 20 minutes total. On the interview day, i was invited into the team director's office, sat with the supervisor and the interview began. questions varied from ones regarding my skillset, experience and hypothetical situations and how i would handle them. also questions about the workplace and company culture was asked.

Interview Questions

• what is your experience in airline operations and what were some of the challenges you have faced? how would you react in hypothetical situations? where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific.

Interview

Cathay Pacific based in New York.
    First interview process in 1 day. Got divided into small group of 10. Giving out the topic for group discussion. After that you'll have to do the second language test with the small paragraph of your language. Do the arm-reach of 208.