Cathay Pacific Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Cathay Pacific

2.9

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The recruitment in Los Angeles begins with submitting your resume to the LAX base email from the Cathay Pacific website. You will only receive an automated reply if recruitment is about to start ( about one month prior).

If you a shortlisted for the first interview. You will receive a phone call asking which interview date and time you would like. Also, they will ask you which Asian language you speak.

Round 1: You will have an arm reach test of 208cm and a language assessment. There is also one group activity/discussion. If you made it through this round, you will receive a phone call in the evening.

Round 2: More group activities with group presentations. One on one interview with the recruiters is also on this day. You will receive a call that evening with a job offer if you passed this round.

Interview Questions

• What is a challenge from your previous job that you can apply to Cathay Pacific?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

LAX base in Aug 2015

2 Interview total:
    1st interview is very simple, basic requirement for reaching 208cm, and being able to speak an Asian language. They will also ask you to speak a little paragraph in your Asian language. after that, you'll go to a different room for a "group interview" The interviewer give the group a topic and the candidates have to come up with an answer.

2nd interview is basically similar, they spilt you up in 2 grp (about 5 each), then you'll need to do another grp presentation, after that, they will interview you 1 on 1. They didn't try to give you a hard time, just remember to smile and show them how much you like the job.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Self introduction then discussion as a group. The facilitators spent most of their time observing how candidates interacted with each other, whether or not you participated in the group discussion as a team player, or if you were trying to take control and lead the group. Over all it was a fairly simple process. Just make sure you are on your best behavior at all times because they are observing your every move.

After the first session, those that were successful got a call to come in for round 2. Round 2 was another group session and a 1 to 1 interview (more like 1 to 2 actually) with the facilitators.

Successful candidates were called a few days after to go for their medical examination and English test.

Interview Questions

• What are important characteristics to have to be part of an award winning cabin crew team?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

first you are interviewed with the personal manager. After the interview, she asks you to write a thank you letter on the spot to prove that you can write.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific (New York, NY).

Interview

Group interview first. while waiting you do a language assessment and reach test. Then you go into a room with 10-15 people and do a group discussion and activity. If selected you will be scheduled to come back to the 1 on 1 interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Cathay Pacific Airways?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

In the first group meeting, there will be an introduction of Cathay pacific, few crews will be out to answer your questions about the position, foreign language test(read & speak), & reach test. In the panel interview, you will be asked to introduce yourself and explain why you want to work for Cathay pacific.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself, why you want to be a flight attendant   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific (San Francisco, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

First Interview:
    Reach test.
    Language assessment (for those who said they spoke a second/third language)
    Self into.
    Mainly group activities/presentation and discussion about customer service industry.
    Info about company.
    Q&A session

Second interview:
    Fill out forms and applications, while each person gets called for one on one/two interview (base office manager/coordinator and a crew)

Interview Questions

• Depending who you interview with, you may have straightforward interview type questions, or a conversation type interview.

Self into

Why you want to be an FA?

Why Cathay Pacific?

What are your strengths and weaknesses?

What is a time you went above and beyond?

What is one of your accomplishments?   2 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific.

Interview

Cathay Pacific based in New York.
    First interview process in 1 day. Got divided into small group of 10. Giving out the topic for group discussion. After that you'll have to do the second language test with the small paragraph of your language. Do the arm-reach of 208.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview Questions

• what reason that you want to become flight attendant   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Fist round: Watch a brief introduction about the company, then you are tested on your height and read a short paragraph in your second language and the last part you have a group interview and that was all for the day they call you if you are selected for the second interview

Second round: Another group assignment then everyone will have a chance for a 1 on 1 interview with one of the recruiters after this is done you wait for a call by the end of the week to let you know if you are selected or not