Cathay Pacific Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cathay Pacific Interview Questions

Updated May 13, 2017

2.9

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific.

Interview

At the first group interview, the recruitment team will observe you, how you interact in a group, if you're friendly, nice attitude, and easy to talk to. They will first do an introduction of the company, flight attendant life, benefits and salary. After the introduction, they will divide into small groups of 5-7. Groups will take turn to do interview (about you, why you want to be FA...), language test (very easy, they talk to you in your language and make you read a small paragraph), and reach test (able to reach a sticky note on the wall, you can tiptoe).
    Second interview is one on one with more questions about your experience, your future goals, customer service... (do your research and you'll be fine)
    After you pass the second interview, they will schedule you to do health and drug test (very strict) and computer test (which if you fail, you can retake it).
    Overall process took about 3 weeks. It wasn't that hard.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific (New York, NY).

Interview

Group interview first. while waiting you do a language assessment and reach test. Then you go into a room with 10-15 people and do a group discussion and activity. If selected you will be scheduled to come back to the 1 on 1 interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Cathay Pacific Airways?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

In the first group meeting, there will be an introduction of Cathay pacific, few crews will be out to answer your questions about the position, foreign language test(read & speak), & reach test. In the panel interview, you will be asked to introduce yourself and explain why you want to work for Cathay pacific.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself, why you want to be a flight attendant   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Fist round: Watch a brief introduction about the company, then you are tested on your height and read a short paragraph in your second language and the last part you have a group interview and that was all for the day they call you if you are selected for the second interview

Second round: Another group assignment then everyone will have a chance for a 1 on 1 interview with one of the recruiters after this is done you wait for a call by the end of the week to let you know if you are selected or not

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Self introduction then discussion as a group. The facilitators spent most of their time observing how candidates interacted with each other, whether or not you participated in the group discussion as a team player, or if you were trying to take control and lead the group. Over all it was a fairly simple process. Just make sure you are on your best behavior at all times because they are observing your every move.

After the first session, those that were successful got a call to come in for round 2. Round 2 was another group session and a 1 to 1 interview (more like 1 to 2 actually) with the facilitators.

Successful candidates were called a few days after to go for their medical examination and English test.

Interview Questions

• What are important characteristics to have to be part of an award winning cabin crew team?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific.

Interview

Cathay Pacific based in New York.
    First interview process in 1 day. Got divided into small group of 10. Giving out the topic for group discussion. After that you'll have to do the second language test with the small paragraph of your language. Do the arm-reach of 208.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I was being interview first round at LAX BASE, It was great. Everything was easy going. First, they will do Company Introduction Presentation, then talked about benefits. Then, they will have 4 Crew Members to have Q&A with the applicants. Second, they splitted applicants into three groups of 9-10 people each, and calling up to do Arm Reach test which is 208cm or approx 6ft10 without shoes/heels, but you can tippy-toes. After that, they will put every group into a conference room for group activity. Everyone start to introduce yourself name/current career/languages they spoke, then they will passed a paper to read silently. Gather thoughts and discussion with the group to have final decisions, but the group cannot vote for the final answers.

Interview Questions

• Three skills or traits that make Cathay Pacific become the World's best Cabin Crew?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I got call for a group interview at LAX base about two week after I submitted my resume. During a phone call interview, they asked about your language proficiency. Also, they ask you to choose the day that you can come to do a group interview. On the interview day, the company did a presentation about their company history, their requirements, their selection processes, and their training programs. After the presentation finished, they divided you into a group, and you did an arm reach test along with language assessment. Then each group was called for a group interview.

Interview Questions

• What are qualities of the world best cabin crew?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

applied online. The process took 1 month I interviewed at los angelese in August 2015
    Interview
    Applied in july 2015 Got a call back first week in July 2014 to attend the first group interview .

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cathay Pacific (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

LAX base in Aug 2015

2 Interview total:
    1st interview is very simple, basic requirement for reaching 208cm, and being able to speak an Asian language. They will also ask you to speak a little paragraph in your Asian language. after that, you'll go to a different room for a "group interview" The interviewer give the group a topic and the candidates have to come up with an answer.

2nd interview is basically similar, they spilt you up in 2 grp (about 5 each), then you'll need to do another grp presentation, after that, they will interview you 1 on 1. They didn't try to give you a hard time, just remember to smile and show them how much you like the job.