Cellular Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cellular Sales (New York, NY).

Interview

After submitting my application online and watching the requested video...There were three Interviews with 3 different people, one over the phone and 2 in person. Background check and Drug test was also submitted.

Interview Questions

• How much money I would be satisfied with bringing home each month?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cellular Sales (Rochester, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The manager asked if we'd be able to go get coffee and talk. He was great and courteous. I think it's a good fit. He asked basic knowledge questions and I felt comfortable speaking about my personal life as well.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in this industry before?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cellular Sales (Olympia, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

I did a brief video interview (which went horribly wrong because of the awful software they use. Just don't backspace and wait til' the 180 seconds are up rather than pressing continue). Then I went into the interview in person with the store lead and regional manager. They are very clear about what they want which is nice, but if you don't meet what they want immediately then they become very disinterested. They are not interested in working with diverse personalities. They want salespeople. They don' want a rainbow or well-reasoned answers, they want people who can shove tablets onto people. I was not fit for the job, but I bet someone who was would have had a positive experience.

The two did not have interview questions prepared. They really just played it by ear and would interrupt each others questions. I assume they will run into an eeo issue, but it was a fun challenge.

Interview Questions

• Sell me a tablet. What are you doing this weekend? Tell me what a salesman does? How much money do you want to make? Where did you learn about honesty?   1 Answer

Wireless Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cellular Sales (Johnson City, TN) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted through Indeed.com by a recruiter. We had a phone interview where they asked the usual questions (why do you want to work here, what makes you a good fit...etc) We then scheduled a in-person interview where THE SAME QUESTIONS were asked just in a different order. At the end of it all, I was invited to take the final interview with the district manager but I passed.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Cellular Sales?   Answer Question
    • What makes you a good fit for us?   Answer Question
    • How much do you need to make monthly to cover bills and live comfortably?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about something you achieved in your professional or personal life.   Answer Question
    • What are 3 questions you would have liked me to ask today but I didn't?   Answer Question

They pay on a 'draw' based system. You make x amount per 2 week pay period and when your commission hits, you have to pay back the draw in full before you get any of the commission. That's paying to work. On top of that, remember in your serving job where you had to share tips with the cooks? You have to share commission with other reps. NO THANK YOU!

Cellular Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cellular Sales (Norfolk, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Incredibly unprofessional. I believe that when interviewing with a potential employer they should be prepared to be interviewed as well. The interviewer informed me that he was interviewing me however I wanted details. Not a pleasant situation and a waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• I was initially asked if I had a problem with a 100% commission job without explaining the commission structure. When I asked questions regarding the benefits of working for this company I was not provided at least one positive reason.   1 Answer
    • Questioned my background where I had worked for 100% commission jobs in which I was very successful.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cellular Sales (New York, NY).

Interview

There are 3 interviews. All pretty typical. First is a phone interview, second is an interview with the recruiter, third is an interview with market GM. They ask you all the basic interview questions, The recruiting team is very good and make the job seem way more serious than it actually is.

Wireless Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburndale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cellular Sales (Auburndale, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

First was a very brief phone interview. If you answer the phone you will probably progress to step two.
    Step two was a face to face with a recruiter. It was held in the meeting room at a hotel directly across the street from one of their stores. The room was set up like it was going to be a group interview, so I was quite surprised when it turned out to be a one on one.
    The HR person then proceed to ask me every standard boilerplate interview question you can think of, very few of them were sales related. The only sales related one that comes to mind was "What ways can you bring more customers to the store." More on that in a bit.
    The whole time there was no real dialog. Simple how do you do, 20 or so questions, then a two minute spiel about the company that she was clearly reading off her computer screen.
    Now, the kicker when she's telling me about the company... While it's expected that I will find my own customers, commissions on new sales and renewals are split among the team. Once I heard that, combined with what I had read here and elsewhere about schedule lotteries, retail price charge-backs for cancelled contracts, and retail withholding for lost or stolen merchandise I'd heard enough. When she asked if I had any questions, I politely said "No I think I'm good" and left.
    If you've been in sales more than an hour, you can find better opportunities than this.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cellular Sales (New York, NY).

Interview

You have a phone interview, take an aptitude test, and a personality test. If they like you, then you have two in person interviews. If your background check clears then they will offer you a position.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a disgruntled customer and how you handled the situation.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cellular Sales.

Interview

Phone interview followed by face-to-face interview. Very relaxed and conversational. I was given a tour of the contact center and took a basic computer and typing exam. The entire process took about six weeks before I started training.

Retail Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cellular Sales (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

It was simple, crisp, and straight to the point. They ask about my work history, what experiences did I have, and why did I choose Cellular sales. How did I hear about them?

Interview Questions

• How much did I wanted to make?   1 Answer