Cellular Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cellular Sales (New York, NY).

Interview

After submitting my application online and watching the requested video...There were three Interviews with 3 different people, one over the phone and 2 in person. Background check and Drug test was also submitted.

Interview Questions

• How much money I would be satisfied with bringing home each month?   2 Answers

Cellular Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cellular Sales in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online and the day next I received a phone call to proceed with a phone interview. After I was approved; I moved on to an in-person interview. This last for a little less than an hour and was a relatively comfortable interview process. It seems like they really want you to feel comfortable and for your personality to shine. After the in person interview I completed a personality test and an aptitude test.

Interview Questions

• Who is your hero?
      If someone comes in and seems like they really want to buy a phone, then changes their mind the last instant, what would you do to make that sale?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cellular Sales (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Quick introduction interview at a career fair with a hiring manager. 1st interview was with same manager at administrative offices. (1-1/2 hours) very thorough. 2nd interview with regional VP. also very thorough (2 hours). Great interviews, lots of "describe a situation in your past work where..." questions. Definitely recommend.

Interview Questions

• Regional VP went in depth on history of the mobile phone industry. specifically how handset companies make money and how the salesperson is compensated.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cellular Sales (Richmond, VA) in January 2011.

Interview

I got a phone call and decided to meet with the recruiter. She was very nice, but painted too rosy of a picture. She said that 80% of their sales staff was hitting their quotas per month. In reality, it's more like 40%.
     After my interview, I had a drug test. Once I passed the drug test I waited two days and then got a call from the recruiter. She said they were extending me an offer and I accepted it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was none, don't do it!!

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cellular Sales (Savannah, GA) in January 2012.

Interview

I was referred to joincellularsales.com to view a very informative video that tells the story of the company and their business philosophy. Submitting the resume is done on the same web page. A recruiter contacted me within a couple of days to set up an initial phone screening, followed by an online aptitude and personality test. This was followed by a first face-to-face interview with the local recruiter, and a second interview a week later with a Regional Director. I was impressed with the picture that was painted for me on the work environment with its pros and cons. This job is not for anyone, and the dangers and shortfalls it may represent for the wrong person was clearly outlined. This is what I appreciated most about this entire process and helped me decide to make an informed decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult work or sales situation, one that went wrong; why and what you did about it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cellular Sales (Carmel, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

It was a multimate stage interview process. You first interview with the recruiter and then the regional director if you don't require a third interview. The interview process is straight forward and easy just be honest. Honesty is the number one thing they're looking for. I will warn you if you're not the kind of person that the interviewer would want to go and have a beer with you are probably not going to get hired. The company has a very tight culture with a family feel to it and if you don't fit in you're not going to do very well here. This place runs off of teamwork and determination.

Interview Questions

• Describe five of your greatest attributes and five of your worst qualities.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cellular Sales (Bloomington, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

The first and second interviews were with the Regional Recruiter. The third interview was with the Store Manager. I found this to be an acceptable practice as I was able to learn more about the store and it's personnel. The Recruiter was able to provide a general overview of what the company looks for in a candidate. The Store Manager was then able to access if I would be a good fit at that particular location.

Interview Questions

• Name one successful instance of overcoming a sales obstacle.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Cellular Sales in June 2012.

Interview

After applying, you are going to a have a phone interview. They bring you in for two face to face. Pretty straight forward interview process. Be a competent human that is somewhat charismatic you are set.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None existent.

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cellular Sales (Roanoke, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

Many many steps. Expect two to four interviews. The questions are fairly standard. There is a Web based interview that requires you to respond to several questions. Make sure you are dressed in at least a button up shirt and tie for all interviews. If you are applying for a sales position they will be looking at presentation. People in this company dress sharp and if you want the position so should you.

Cellular Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cellular Sales in June 2015.

Interview

Video interview, personality test, phone interview, personal interview and they'll ask you to survey give references. It takes a long time for this company to screen if you're what they're looking for. I think it was a tedious process and they don't make the experience enjoyable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cellular Sales (Tampa, FL) in January 2011.

Interview

The process was a three step process when I was hired at a 1099 consultant. Since then the company has changed to W2 employee status with a much different hiring process.

Interview Questions

• If you had to choose a superhero power, what would it be?   1 Answer