Cellular Sales Reviews

3.9
Cellular Sales Founder & CEO Dane Scism
Dane Scism
1,062 Ratings
Pros
  • "30-80k, Flexible schedule, Discount on Verizon service, Good culture(in 202 reviews)

• "Work life balance is great as well once you get the hang of it(in 75 reviews)

• Cons
  • "100% commission; male dominated industry(in 139 reviews)

• "No paid time off, unfortunately(in 77 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Cellular Sales and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year
      Featured Review

Working here has been an enjoyable journey!

Jan 15, 2021 - Wireless Sales Consultant in Johnson City, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have made some life long friends while working. The work environment is laid back and my co-workers have always been very helpful, giving me the tools I need to succeed. I have not ever felt left out or excluded with anyone. This job gave me all the tools I needed to grow as a salesperson. Management have always been there for me, holding me accountable and helping me whenever I needed it, whether it be with sales training or helping me get my shifts covered so I am able to have a solid work/ life balance.

Cons

Honestly the only con would be how much information one must learn when first working here. If one has no sales experience, they must be teachable and willing to ask for help in order to succeed and grow. I came from a restaurant and had did not have any type of sales experience. After asking the right questions and being diligent with all the trainings, I grew into the successful sales representative I am today!

2 people found this review helpful

Cellular Sales Response

National Trainer

It is always a highlight when we see a review like this! Thank you for making time to share your experience and help others find a place with us through your story. It’s teammates like you who help our culture thrive! We are actively hiring in your area if you know others looking for an opportunity. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Cellular Sales!

2. 5.0

Current employee

Apr 23, 2021 - Wireless Sales Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Not micro managed. YOU control your income.

Cons

Work/Life balance is non existent. You are always available for your customers, however this is part of maintaining success in the industry.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

flexible, caring, and opportunities for improvement (money and self)

Apr 30, 2021 - Operations Coordinator in Yakima, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

if you are self motivated or a go-getter, this is the place. if you are the kind to sit back and get paid it is not for you. the leaders truly care about the people. happy employees make more money! flexible and you do what you want to do, whether it is just be the best you can at the job, or look for betterment (promotions, learning, ect) then you get full support if you ask and go get it.

Cons

no paid time off being commission based. constant learning curve for those that dont like it or aren't able to adapt. NOT for people to sit and do nothing and get paid. very reliant on self motivation (if you dont want to do your best this aint for you)

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good 100% commission with flexibility for the right person looking to get in sales.

Apr 21, 2021 - Sales Consultant in Columbus, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pick your own schedule, paid 3 times per month to keep you afloat while starting out - 2 draw checks and 1 commission. Your commission check is the total of commissions from the previous month minus draws deposits, no micromanaging - most stores don't have managers, an average of 6-hour shifts. If it's a weak month they give opportunities to level up your commission check. They provide different opportunities to make money or get rewarded for work/sales. They provide great benefits for individuals and families.

Cons

It's 100% commission and retail so no paid holidays or rarely any holidays off, if you can't work you HAVE to get someone to cover you. You draft your shifts, but depending on your performance you might not get good picks. Apple is looked down upon because of small profit margins, Android is "required" while working here. Commission payouts are 45 days after the end of the month. Career progression isn't a huge option unless you plan on making retail a career. 401K match is close to none, and there is a 1-year waiting period to enroll.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Awesome Company,

May 4, 2021 - Sales Specialist in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic Leadership from the top down! Everything is based on your performance and work ethic - we have reps who earn anywhere from $2,800 in commissions to $22,000 IN ONE MONTH!!!!! We have a large number of individuals earn 10K or above monthly - its really a no Cap Commission Structure + You choose your schedule based upon performance. This was my first Commission Based job and I have been with the Company for 5 years and consistently make 5K+

Cons

It is a HUSTLE! You had better be prepared to have a tough work life balance the first 4-5 Months if you want to be successful. I told my family and friends I would be really unavailable and figured out how to make my money quickly.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

From rock bottom, to financial freedom & success...thanks to Cellular Sales!

Jan 25, 2021 - Sales Representative in Jacksonville, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

-The rewards of simply getting out EXACTLY what you put in...the way it should be :) -Looking forward to getting up every day and going to seize the day with an amazing team. The comradery here has always been top-notch. It's more like one big team and family. -The earning potential is OUT OF THIS WORLD. This opportunity paved the way for me to climb out of a "rock bottom" situation, to making SIX FIGURES (yes, $100,000+/yr) year over year since I joined the company in 2015. -We have a LEADERSHIP team that's passionate and in place to MENTOR, not to manage. Say goodbye to the annoying micromanagement days!! You're treated like an adult professional here. -Our leadership team works around the clock to provide us with the necessary tools required for our success. We're an upside down company...in that, everything is in support of the front line (aka myself and my fellow colleagues), not the other way around like the dog & pony show you're accustomed to working for. -Flexible scheduling. Get this...I can actually take as many vacations as I please as long as I keep my numbers where they need to be! (no brainer) -The thrill of friendly competition. -My ideas are appreciated & receive acknowledgment. Even when I was a rookie, if I felt that I had a good idea, my Regional Directors were a phone call away and always embraced (and sometimes applied) the suggestions I threw their way. -Much more is on the table! So, come find out for yourself! :)

Cons

We transitioned to a more business tech-savvy casual look about two years ago. I kind of miss the suit and tie days.

1 person found this review helpful

Cellular Sales Response

National Trainer

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best company I have ever worked for!

Apr 30, 2021 - Sales Coach Lead in Vancouver, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay, amazing culture, invested leadership, room for advancement, great benefits

Cons

There are no cons in my personal opinion!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

I LOVE MY JOB

May 6, 2021 - Sales Associate in Redmond, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Uncapped income. Very supportive peers

Cons

Not applicable. There are no cons

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Robots

Apr 23, 2021 - Sales Representative in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours Create your own schedule based off a reward system

Cons

They don’t care about your health and safety as a whole(not personal or emotional) they want a robot to work. Shared commission means no matter how hard you work you never see the true fruits of your labor. You have a salary however you must pay back via commission and often will break even instead of seeing commission. Give false sense of hope and security. Never properly train you. Customers are extremely rude and nasty. The stores are never cleaned (Especially during COVID) Many types of Insects inside the store visible to customers and employees. You only make commission on sales(which isn’t a fair commission) Only specific devices give you an opportunity at making some commission but most customers only want iPhones which pays you no commission. If you make the sale incorrectly the company takes it back from you instead of properly training so it doesn’t happen. Reaching out to management falls on its face. Nicole Torchio is especially a culprit of this! Reached out to the owner and got the same result, was later told that the findings were private and couldn’t be told what would be done to provide the solution!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Make your own money with no boss on your back

Apr 29, 2021 - Wireless Sales Consultant in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love working here so far, open minded management, coworkers, and uncapped commission. Everyone hype each other up and we build up each other, and I also enjoy no micromanagement.

Cons

Sometimes hard to stay constantly motivated to push a sale cause thats your only source of earnings. So you GOTTA stay motivated, focused, and always learning.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,928 Reviews