Cellular Sales Reviews | Glassdoor

Dane Scism

1,133 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • no paid time off, full commission (in 41 reviews)

• 100% commission so the first month is a little tough to get on your feet (in 84 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Amazing Career Opportunity"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Johnson City, TN
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Johnson City, TN

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working for Cellular Sales Verizon is an amazing career opportunity. I have been with them for several months now and the culture here is very competitive and supportive at the same time. Leadership roles are everywhere and the opportunity for advancement is within reach if you apply yourself. People aren't just customers here, they're clients. People whom you build a relationship with then become your clients if you choose. This career can not only pay off in the front end with commissions from hard work, but residual clients and referrals to their family and friends come in handy when you truly take care of someone's needs. The hardest part of working for Cellular Sales is making sure that you don't see this as a job, but as a career. Investing proper amounts of time towards becoming better as a representative and as a person is key. Do not rely solely upon someone walking in the door, reaching out to people to create more traffic in the store can help you significantly. The most enjoyable part about this career is not only the ability to make an uncapped income, but the great people that you work alongside of. The leaders here as well as the recruitment team make sure to bring in the right people for the job. If you apply yourself and take care of the client, there will be no issue in making a great steady income!!

Cons

None if you do the right thing

"9/10: Definitely Recommend"

Current Employee - Executive Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Executive Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are many ways to look at a sales position in wireless. Some of the best things are the income, flexible hours, and generating/maintaining your own leads & book of business.

Cons

This job is not for someone who struggles with technology, math, or commission driven income. Individual expression isn't really welcome, as there is a strict appearance standard. There is no limit to your development, but it takes very long before your first vertical promotion.

Advice to Management

When your employees get ready for work, we take pride in our appearance. However, being micromanaged about certain aspects seems unjust and unnecessary. Things like mandates on colors of shirts, the kinds of pants allowed at draft meetings, and style of socks. If these seem ridiculous, consider the already conservative restrictions on grooming, piercings, and tattoos. Especially in a city that literally spawned some of this generations most stylish influencers and fashion culture. The people of Illinois are diverse and colorful, and I don't see why our individual appearance shouldn't represent BOTH our. brand and our eclecticity.

"Consultative Sales Professional"

Current Employee - Consultative Sales Professional in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultative Sales Professional in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule, competitive and uplifting work environment, motivational culture, sense of professionalism and pride in work

Cons

Draft sometimes makes planning hard, but its nice being able to pick your schedule so its give and take

Advice to Management

Maybe make the drafts for every month so planning is easier?

"Inside Sales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Cellular Sales part-time

Pros

Flexible schedule, pay, no micromanagement

Cons

Becomes tedious and repetitive

"Cellular Sales of Illinois"

Pros

Great work atmosphere with endless opportunities to move forward. The company is very family oriented, open& really takes care of its employees.

Cons

Must be willing and able to work weekends, stay organized and want to provide the best quality customer service etc

"Sales Rep"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in North Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in North Houston, TX

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Incredible flexibility. You will never find a job with this much freedom to adjust your schedule on a days notice. If you hustle and put all of your effort in you can make at least 4k a month. Fun coworkers. Good experience to have sole responsibility for yourself only. BCBS health insurance.

Cons

It’s hard to stay motivated when store traffic is low. Especially when working 100% commission. Seriously sometimes you only see one customer a day and they aren’t buying anything. If you want to make money you must go to all of your shifts, pick up more, focus, make calls and appointments.

Advice to Management

Give us a base plus commission. Put in place continued training for sales staff. Don’t charge phones and missing items off to reps. Provide more opportunity for advancement. Offer some sort of minimum payment or bonus in our slow months. More teamwork in the sales environment.

"Verizon Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Verizon Wireless Retail Sales Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Verizon Wireless Retail Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have recently started working with the company, I personally love the business oriented environment. Working at Cellular Sales is great as the company initiative align with the company goals. I received solid training and learned the Cellular Sales way of getting the job done. I would recommend a Cellular Sales career to a diligent job seeker. The company's compensation plan is great and you work hard you get paid.

Cons

You have to actually work in order to make money this is a 100% commission position. The more you work the more you get paid.

Advice to Management

I have been with the company for less than 6 months and I have watched my co-workers move into new positions within the small amount if time that I have been here there is a great opportunity for career growth.

"AMAZING OPPORTUNITY"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Galveston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Galveston, TX

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Income is endless it is what you make it! make your own schedule as long as you work hard and put in the work!

Cons

making cold calls isn't really my thing but I make it work

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! (most of you guys)

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing company to work for from top to bottom very flexible schedule even while working fulltime and a very professional environment.

Cons

No downsides to working for this company exceptional training staff whether you've been in sales or not you still have the best chance to succeed in a proven business like Cellular Sales.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

"All of the downsides of retail and upsides of commissioned sales."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Tallahassee, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Tallahassee, FL

I worked at Cellular Sales full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule so long as you get shifts covered.

Opportunity to create money in your check with good sales skills.

No direct management which creates a team enviroment

Cons

Although they will tell you there are no bad stores some stores absolutely do not get the traffic or get only traffic which will not buy. These locations also have shifts nobody wants so your schedule becomes far less flexible.

You are a technician so you end up working for free often on something a customer can do but refuses to do on their own such as recovering their 3rd party email password and setting up their email). You do not get paid for this and sometimes your entire day will be nothing but tech support issues.

You will be charged for things out of your control such as store theft or fraud. For example, a customer can buy 4 iPhones at $800 each with a valid ID and account. If that customer cancels their account shortly after and does not pay for the phones you will owe $3,200 to the company. I am pretty sure that this is illegal.

Advice to Management

Do not sell work/life balance and then make sales an ultra-competitive issue. If one employee chooses to take a vacation while another decides to work 80 hours a week do not make that other employee come in for "training" to bring up their sales numbers as if the issue was something other than taking off half of the month.

Showing 1,133 of 1,149 reviews