Cellular Sales Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Cellular Sales Founder & CEO Dane Scism
Dane Scism

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Flexible schedule gives you a better work life balance (in 108 reviews)

• Cellular Sales Houston has given me the opportunity to have a work life balance and earn an uncapped commission (in 41 reviews)

Cons
  • 100% commission is not for everyone (in 74 reviews)

• because the schedule is so flexible and you can determine how much you want to work there is no paid time off or vacation (in 30 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Cellular Sales changed my life."

Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Clarksville, TN
    Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Clarksville, TN

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I went from working 40+ hours a week and making minimum wage to now owning my own home, along with four vehicles. My husband is in the army and has a chaotic schedule, so it is nice to be able to have a job where I have the freedom to take off and spend time with him when he is home from trainings or deployments. This job has given me financial freedom and then some.

Cons

There is no "manager" so you, as a rep, are in charge of getting your paperwork in, no one is telling you the clock is ticking so it may be an adjustment for people who are used to having that.

Advice to Management

My management team is great, and I don't have any advice.

2. "Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Clarksville, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Clarksville, TN

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility, Manage Your Own Schedule, No Commission Cap, Business Attire

Cons

100% Commission (Inconsistent) , No facial hair allowed, No Growth Opportunities

Advice to Management

Better Training

3. "Why join the CSOKI family?"

Current Employee - Cellular Sales Representative in College Station, TX
    Current Employee - Cellular Sales Representative in College Station, TX

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm a veteran who transitioned out of the Air Force working 12 hour shifts, 6 days a week earning $2,800.00 a month. I've been with CSOKI now for 9 months and I work on average 50 hours a week in the Bryan/College Station, Texas market and I average at about $5,000.00 a month. Just from the drop in hours and pay increase alone I would highly recommend joining the CSOKI family. That's just the tip of the iceberg though.

For all intents and purposes you are your own boss, sure you have your team manager, regional manager, etc., but you don't really see them unless you need help with something, screwed something up, or are at a team meeting. If someone asks for a manager you get the pleasure of saying, oh that's me!

You determine how you sell. CSOKI lays down the bottom and max lines for pricing and you determine where in that spectrum you sell your merchandise for. It's liberating to have so much control of your products and how you can move them.

There isn't a whole lot of monotony. Most markets have several stores you work out of, so you can either draft to work at 1 or 2 stores for the month, or you can switch up your environment every day.

You meet tons of really interesting people. It's an outstanding networking opportunity or just a way to meet really cool people. Some of the conversations you have while working will be hilarious, enlightening, or just downright strange, but for the most part they are all fun. That being said, you always have those 1 or 2 people who are just rude...see my only Con below...

There's a reason I said join the CSOKI family. Your co-workers aren't just people you see at work and that's that. You make strong, lasting bonds with people quickly here because everyone is so inviting and wants to be a family. A family minded team is a strong team and that's what CSOKI embodies.

Cons

Customers...

If you can't handle angry people every now and again, this career field isn't for you. If you can't handle unintelligent people, this career field isn't for you. If you can't handle impatient people who think the universe revolves around them, yup you guessed it, this career field isn't for you. I want to emphasize that this isn't the norm for customers, but it does happen.

Advice to Management

I can't say I really have any advice to management. My team is amazing and my manager is a leader not a boss. I've had bosses before, this is the first time I have had a true leader.

4. "Cellular Sales truly values it's employees"

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cellular Sales is by far the most positive work environment I've been a part of. The amount of resources and support is outstanding, and I honestly look forward to going to work every day. I can't say enough good things about having the opportunities offered here.

Cons

I don't have much to complain about, I work hard and I'm appreciated for it.

5. "Sales Representative"

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time

Pros

Cellular Sales has a great leadership structure, flexible hours and a great environment to work. They give you all the tools needed to succeed, it is up to you to apply those skills.

Cons

Not too much to put here. Hours can get crazy, however they do not force you into that situation.

6. "Sales Professional"

Current Employee - Sales Professional in Bryan, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Professional in Bryan, TX

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work for cellular sales would be schedule flexibility, what you put in to the job you directly get back with 100% commission. Cellular sales has the best batch of Coworkers that are very helpful and ready to share their knowledge. You have the ability to be creative in your position(cellular sales doesn't want carbon copy's of their best reps they want someone who is driven and able to apply what the best reps have fine tuned over years of expirience to the sales floor.) The list could go on and on, and I couldn't be happier with the position I'm in with cellular sales!

Cons

Cons are strictly personal, there isn't any complaints on my end. Love my job!

Advice to Management

Wish I could view leaderboard and have a few other CSOKI functions I could use/view at home. Would fuel my competitive drive!

7. "Good Place, not a career"

I worked at Cellular Sales full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good People, decent pay, fun atmosphere.

Cons

stressful environment, always fighting for the door.
    Spend a lot of time cleaning up messes from other reps.
    No accountability.

Advice to Management

Celebrate those who treat customers right, not just those who sell them a lot.

8. "Sales Representative"

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The initial training is decent. Opportunity to make money is there.... The stores are inviting and up to date. Many of my coworkers are very knowledgeable and always willing to help customers with what they need.

Cons

Not what i was promised and expected. Although there is extensive 2 week training for new employees, there is very little follow up after classes are over. There is little or no work-life balance. Commission is constantly eatten up by something - even stolen merchandise is taken out od our commission. District manager treats employees like they are 12 year olds. Hard work is supposed to pay off, but working 50 plus hours here does not seem to be enough.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to what is really happening with your managers and you may see morale and numbers explpde. Managements has domino effect on his/her employees. When you continue to see LONGtime employees walking out the door, your antennas should be up.

9. "Great oppertunity for sales training and leadership training accompanied with great culture."

Current Employee - Sales in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Sales in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule gives you a better work life balance. Great leadership and wonderful mentor program. You will learn a lot here if you want to.

Cons

It can take a few months to catch up on your commissions once you start. However they pay an hourly draw so you don't have cash flow problems.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

"Not what it used to be"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Newburgh, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Newburgh, NY

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Allowed to work Flexible schedule

Cons

They find more and more new ways to take your money

Advice to Management

Stop churning reps