Cepheid Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cepheid Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.7

Product Transfer Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cepheid in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview then onsite interview. Fairly quickly setup for phone interview. The interviewer could not give an answer to how quickly they are looking into filling this position. If you have only a BS degree, interviewer was a little condescending too. No answer back from them after the interview, even after I sent a thank you follow up letter.

Chemist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Cepheid.

Interview

Received a phone call (that I missed) and email late at night; I called back and responded to the email and didn't receive a response for approximately 3 days. The HR rep called me back and
    was far too concerned with what I made at the time and what I made in the past, however she did ask some situational and experience questions. After revealing what I made, she had commented that my salary was within the ballpark of what they were willing to pay, but in the end, they offered me $10k less than I was making what what I wanted to make. The onsite interview was pretty straight-forward; a presentation as well as individual meetings with potential coworkers. The coworkers all seemed great and all of their questions were a mix of situational questions and technical/experience questions. Only had one sort of quizzing question about chemistry.

However, I need to comment on the two HR reps I was in contact with; they were terrible at communication. They wanted me to interview less than a week away after initial phone screenings but I was travelling across the country to interview and I was currently employed; a little lead time is great to plan work vacation time around said interview. After the interviewing, the background check was a tedious process, with HR constantly asking for W2s and paystubs, which I duly blacked out all numbers outside of my SSN, EIN, and name. Ultimately, the HR people were the ones that convinced me to not accept their offer even though the offer itself was borderline offensive. The whole process took approximately 16 weeks to reach an offer stage from application submittal and 8-10 weeks to reach an offer stage from initial contact with the HR rep.

Interview Questions

• Q: Explain a conflict you previously had with a coworker and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cepheid.

Interview

Took 4 weeks overall. Started with a phone screen, followed by a 1-1 interview, and another group interview. Hiring manager seemed interested and engaged in choosing a quality candidate. Recruiter/ HR team were a bit unresponsive sometime, but overall a positive experience.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cepheid in July 2016.

Interview

Very long. 2 months passed between the time I applied and the time I had an interview. The interview itself was kind of disjointed; it appeared the hiring manager and his colleague were in a rush and I didn't have the opportunity to answer the usual interview questions that should have 45-60 second answers the way I wanted to.
    Then they hung me out to dry. I was told I would get a call soon regarding next steps; I never got it. I expected a call, email, or letter whether I was selected or not. I decided after a week that if I got no responses from my emails or phone calls that I would turn down the position if it was offered. I tried to follow up with everyone I talked with; multiple people in HR, hiring manager, applications specialist. The applications specialist was the only one that returned my email message, and she said she didn't even talk with the hiring manager about it.
    So I'm glad I didn't get the position; reliable and timely communication is very important in field service, and this outfit at this company failed in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were faced with a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cepheid (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

All day with 6 people one half hour to hour each.....including the Hiring manager ......had two good phone interviews ......
    ......Nice company with clinical focus...HR was in disarray ......no lunch while they promised a lunch.......They down graded the position to 2 Project manager from Program Manager ....Did not get an offer .....

Interview Questions

• What is your management techniques ? On a more general level, I believe I bring the broad "soft" skills you can have confidence in with a candidate that will fit in your team. I trust you would find me to be well-spoken, energetic, confident, and personable, the type of person on whom your company will rely on. I also have a wide breadth of experience of the type that gives you the versatility to place me in a number of contexts with confidence that the level of excellence you expect will be met. In most situations technical decisions must be made within the context of larger business constraints. Throughout my career I have strived to keep business and technical issues in the forefront, be it as a researcher implementing a test framework in Immunology and /or Molecular Biology, Regenerative Medicine stem cell to capture defects as early as possible, or as the researcher for an enterprise system, allocating resources and prioritizing enhancements to meet strategic objectives. Focusing on business imperatives is a core value of mine, one that I bring to every project on which I work.   Answer Question

Product Test Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cepheid (Stockton, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The process is not like a typical interview, they just provide baisc description about what their job duties are, Not too much for interview questions, no behavior or technical questions. They did not bring too much information or questions based on our background but just provide basic information for the job requirements and nothing special. I think it is just a phone screen actually.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cepheid (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied to the research associate position on their company website. The process took 4 days and then I got a phone interview with the hiring manager. It took about 20 mins. The talk was very friendly. The hiring manager asked about my previous project and my experience for the specific skills they need.

Interview Questions

• (1)Tell me about yourself
      (2)Discuss about my background
      (3)According to my project, I was asked about how to design the primers for my exp.
      Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cepheid (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

There were four rounds of interview which included HR round, Hiring Manager, VP and senior engineer. The Hiring manager was curious to know from me on how much I knew about the company and how much was I interested in getting the job. He asked me if I had any questions for him. At the same time, they were looking for how my experience matches with the job description.

Interview Questions

• was there anything different you learned about the company after coming here.   1 Answer

Negotiation

salary

Quality Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cepheid (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Mission driven company and the work environment reflects this in all respects. There is an energy about--interactions with every individual that you work with are focused, productive and friendly. The overall caliber of individuals is better than any other place I have worked at. Its probably due to their strict hiring policies

Interview Questions

• How much do you want to make   1 Answer

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cepheid (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager, where I was asked questions to prove my suitability to the job and gauge my expertise and knowledge. 15-20 minute in person interviews with people from the team and finally with the hiring manager. Team members talked about culture of the company and allowed me to ask questions to see where I fit in with the team as well.

Interview Questions

• asked about past research and how it would be applicable to current work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations.