Cepheid Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Cepheid

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cepheid in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed for 1 hour with five different people from different back grounds. Basic java questions with sql. Basic testing questions and algorithm questions. Paper back interview questions were asked.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cepheid.

Interview

Applied online, after two weeks got an email from the hr for scheduling a phone interview. The phone interview was just a walk through the resume. after a week got an onsite scheduled, again rescheduled by the interviewer. The onsite interview was bit tough.

Internship Interview

Interview

It's mostly behavioral with multiple rounds. The first round is pretty easy, about you and your interests/ why you want to join the company. The second round is more hypothetical, asking about certain situations and how you would react.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where you couldn't ask your higher ups for help in that moment?   Answer Question

Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cepheid (Sunnyvale, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

The process was much to inundated. The focus was not on my skill set as much as it was on my work history. Questions such as: Why are you off a month on your work experience?- Why can't your High School from "1980" find all of your records? ect..............

Interview Questions

• The statement that the person I would be working with can be very difficult. This statement was made by upper management. They wouldn't share what the pay range was also   1 Answer

They wanted me to go back to my High School and find misplaced records that were for elective classes. (I'm 51 years old)

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cepheid.

Interview

Took 4 weeks overall. Started with a phone screen, followed by a 1-1 interview, and another group interview. Hiring manager seemed interested and engaged in choosing a quality candidate. Recruiter/ HR team were a bit unresponsive sometime, but overall a positive experience.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cepheid (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Very interesting conversation, asking to explain your skills, and apply into specific situations. Looking to see how well you can apply your experience into the specific job description that they explain to you. Very easy going, and engaging.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had to learn something very technical, and how did you cope with it?   Answer Question

Senior Supplier Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cepheid (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

HR Phone call, 2 phone screens with hiring managers and then on-site interview with a presentation and then, if selected to move forward, was told to come in for another on-site interview with VPs, Directors etc., The last round never happened in my case. For this particular role, they had 3-4 positions open and there were two hiring managers. They went back and forth on which role I'd fit in and as a result I had to take 2 hiring manager phone calls. No offer in the end.

They have an outside recruitment agency, based out of East Coast, that deals with the candidate for scheduling phone screens, setting up on-site interviews etc., They are responsive to emails/calls in general but they don't seem to share any timelines that the candidate should expect or even final hiring decisions for that matter. I applied in the first week of January and it took them until mid March to decide whether I was a good fit or not. Both the recruitment agency and the Cepheid's team that I interviewed with were completely inept in the hiring process in my opinion and were way behind schedule (if they had any to begin with!)

Advise to recruiters: Please inform candidates about what to expect with regards to the entire hiring process with at least an approximate timeline. Only the candidates know the pain of preparing for that phone call, for that one on-site interview and painfully and anxiously waiting to hear back. Respect their time and efforts and treat them with dignity. You can take 6 years to interview and complete your hiring process to get that one, super, great, golden candidate from another planet but do let candidates know upfront about timelines and keep them informed about decisions. We pick up your calls and answer emails the moment you ask for our time and it isn't much to ask to return the favor after that on-site interview. Some recruiters seem to forget candidates after that. Don't make the candidates run around you to get some sort of a feedback.

Side story: Another recruiter from the same recruitment agency called me for another position with another team, but was put on hold until they made a decision on the first role. After informing me about the negative decision for the first position, they wanted me to start all over again for the 2nd position. The same grueling 2.5 months process once again. Absolutely ridiculous. Couldn't they have done both in parallel?

Business Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cepheid (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

I submitted for this role about 6 months ago and totally forgot about it. When I received a call-back it was from Customer Service manager who said she combed the internal database. She was very helpful. After initial phone screening I was told that I would be given a call back within a week. I called to follow-up and HR did not call back until about 3 weeks afterwards. Soon after HR called I went for face to face interviews in two separate occasions about 1/2 day each time and interviewed with 8 different people. After the face-to-face interviews, I had three more phone interviews with sales management who resided off-site. I received verbal yes soon after the final phone interview. Still took an additional month before offer letter came. Offer only came after I told them I was going to accept another offer because I was tired of waiting for it in the mail.

Buyer Interview

Interview

Interview was with 4 people. It’s good overall. Growing company so it’s not a place you can kick back. If your ready to put in an effort then apply for this job

Buyer/Planner Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Cepheid.

Interview

Was interviewed in person by the Director of Procurement. Very pleasant review and interviewer read the resume and knew my background well. Straight forward and offered
    the position on the spot. This was the first time I had an on the spot offer.