Chico's FAS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chico's FAS Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.4

SM Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chico's FAS.

Interview

Starbucks meeting. Had to drive 2 hrs away to interview and had to wait another 30 minutes. I was told lots of good things but after accepting the job all the good things were taken away and dm has favorites

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Desert, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chico's FAS (Palm Desert, CA).

Interview

Interviewed by store manager and VM team leader. Courteous, showed interest in getting to know me, my experience in VM, questions on point with requirements, asked me to put together a sample Look. Described working environment, focus on team support. Pleasant and informal setting.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chico's FAS (Fort Myers, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

Its a little unorganized. They fly you down, put you up in a hotel, rent you a car...basically romancing you. My recruiter did not meet me when I arrived. So, I was assigned to another recruiter- also did not show up. Then finally someone came to meet me in the lobby to take me to a small "interrogation room". That's Where you are for 6 hours. They order you food, but I had 5 minutes to eat and the recruiter told me I can just throw it out because I needed to go on a tour. You interview with about 7 people (some you won't be prepared for because they will not put them on your list). They waited over 2 weeks to tell me I didn't get the job because I didn't have enough experience- which was on my resume.....before I flew down and wasted a Sunday and a day off of work. ALSO- there is no other fashion company there. BEWARE- if you do get the job and accept and lay offs happen or they down size, there's no where else to go there.

Sales Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chico's FAS (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was terrific! I was interviewed by a super manager who asked relevant questions and really listened to my experience and background. I did feel that the manager was well prepared with her questions.

Interview Questions

• What did I do in the past if a team was not performing up to par, or meeting expectations.   1 Answer

Sales Lead/Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sevierville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chico's FAS (Sevierville, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

I completed the online application and was called 24 hours later for an interview. I interviewed with the Manager, first, who was great! The second interview was with the Asst. Manager who was super friendly. I could tell they enjoy working for the company! They pay well and have a bonus feature, as well as a great discount. My last interview was over the telephone with the District Manager, who was all business. She asked lots of scenario questions on how I would handle conflict with staff and customers as a manager. Once I finished with the DM, I was contacted the next day and offered the job. The process was timely and very professional.

Interview Questions

• What would I do with an employee that was not meeting sales goals? What would I suggest to help the employee meet their goals? What would I do, if the employee still was unable to perform? How would I handle conflict among employees? How would I handle a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not a real negotiation process. I had told them what I was expecting for pay and the met my requirements.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chico's FAS (Sacramento, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The whole process was respectful and timely. The Interviewer was very transparent about me having an elevated skill set, and how she would develop me. She shared with me what I will love and what will be a challenge.

Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chico's FAS in December 2016.

Interview

I was called by a location I did not apply for, as it was farther away than my closest Chico's. Nevertheless I decided to take the interview.
    I was told to dress as stylishly as possible. I wore a Chico's-inspired outfit with a casual blazer. Because it was the holidays, the manager had to interview me on the floor and help customers in between questions. There really weren't any questions, though, and I brought a resume so she could review my past experience. She was very friendly and suggested since I was interested in visual merchandising for me to be hired for a support role instead of sales. She said she had to talk to the other managers, but I felt good about the interview. A few days later a manager called me and offered me the job.

I will say I did look over the Chico's page on Glassdoor before the interview and was able to make up a list of possible questions to study, but I was not asked any of these questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None, but higher than my last job due to experience.

Assistant Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chico's FAS.

Interview

Met with a couple members of the corporate team in design and various other roles, then did a small project. They have you stay in very nice hotel during your stay. Overall the people I met were nice and it was a casual interview process.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chico's FAS (Oklahoma City, OK) in November 2016.

Interview

Very laid back easy questions about basic sales. More like a conversation with the interviewer. Discussed how the store operated. About how to earn extra money with sales. The discount program for the associates. How many hours and the way management was laid out

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chico's FAS (Frisco, TX).

Interview

Very friendly... hired me on the spot. We talked about the apparel business and the demographic of the customer that shops at chicos stores. We also touched on the manufacturing aspect of the business as chicos does private label.

Interview Questions

• Do i have retail experience?   1 Answer