Chico's FAS Reviews | Glassdoor

Shelley Broader

1,321 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "For Chico's it's all about work and less about work life balance" (in 48 reviews)

• "Upper management pretends to listen to sales teams' feedback but then they don't" (in 81 reviews)

1. "Great Job"

I worked at Chico's FAS full-time

Pros

Loved this work place great work environment with great benefits

Cons

Long hours but there were worth it at the end if the day

Advice to Management

Just keep up the great work

2. "Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Naperville, IL

I have been working at Chico's FAS part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Exciting place to work. Love assisting with any task. Love the customer base. Really enjoy seeing and being a part of such a fun Company!

Cons

Technology needs to be improved. Cash registers go down and some of our busiest time. Fortunately our customers simply keep shopping and don't seem to be annoyed by this.

Advice to Management

Keep creating a great work environment for your employees and in turn the employees will continue to do a fabulous job for our customers. Team work makes the dream work!

"Store Manager"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Studio City, CA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Studio City, CA

I have been working at Chico's FAS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Chicos is an amazing company to work. If you want to grow in your position and continuously be challenged, apply

Cons

Technology is awork in progress

4. "Sales lead"

I have been working at Chico's FAS part-time

Pros

The employee discount is pretty good

Cons

Nights and weekends can get old

5. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Chico's FAS full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent development opportunities. Great culture.

Cons

Medical plan is somewhat average.

6. "Not the best, not the worst"

Pros

Employee discounts are a perk

Cons

Company is always changing policies and procedures. Seems like they are struggling

7. "Great people and place to work !!"

Pros

The People are very helpful.

Cons

Pay is limited as well as the hours.

Advice to Management

Hard to advance there with the short amount of hours.

8. "Assistant Manager"

I have been working at Chico's FAS full-time

Pros

Wonderful clientele.

Great team to work with on the store level!

Generous discount and bonus structure!

Upper management wants you to succeed and strives to support you!

Great work/life balance!

Cons

Expectation of outreach events and appointments is unreasonable. Clients want to shop on a whim. A few enjoy making an appointment to have extra attention, but most are not used to or want to set up an appointment. In fact, they feel pressured when asked. Also, while special events on a limited basis interest our clientele, regular ones on a weekly basis make it seem less special. True outreach to get new clientele requires us to send people out of the store. Perhaps we could hire an outreach person per district to go to networking events and professional organizations. You should also consider directing dollars to join local business organizations, such as the chamber of commerce, to gain access to the professional women's organizations.

Advice to Management

Re-think the 40% off sale structure. It is cheaping our brand. We sell quality clothing, give exceptional customer service, and provide generous coupons to our loyal customers. Special sales quarterly would be reasonable. We are training our clients to wait for the 40% off.

9. "Assistant Store Manager"

I worked at Chico's FAS full-time

Pros

Fun yet busy environment. Great clients and coworkers.

Cons

Store Manager was disorganized.

"Needs A LOT of work"

I have been working at Chico's FAS part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-They will work with any schedule, events or situations you may have that conflict with work

-Bonus pay incentives for certain amounts that you earn on your shift

-Decent employee discount

Cons

-Inconsistent hours. Was told I'd get at least 15 hours a week, have been dropped to 10-12 despite high earnings on shifts.

-Because of the commission, not high starting pay. Also no consistency on pay raises despite large increases in workload and responsibilities and no real incentives to progress at work.

-Returns affect bonus, including price adjustments. If a customer buys $200 worth of items and Chico's decides to have the same items on sale a few days later, they guarantee that customer that within 10 days they may come back in and receive a price adjustment for their items. HOWEVER, this price adjustment that is promised by the store counts back on the employee who sold them the items. Price adjustments get counted as returns in the system and take away from any bonus pay you earned during that pay check.

-Also certain other stores in the chain have been known to tell customers that they won't take returns and to send them to other stores, putting a bunch of returns back on other locations and affecting what they've earned for the day which can affect decisions about pay for that location's employees.

-Hardly any training for sales associates or sales leads. In the beginning a lot of it is coming across a situation and hoping someone who knows what to do is there to help you.

-They use a pretty blanketed marketing strategy for the stores instead of concentrating more on what the customers in each location wants and responds to. They'll use the same marketing they use for a store in say Southlake or Plano as they would in Arlington, a location with a very different customer base with regards to what they'll pay and how they feel represented in our advertisements. There is more general race and body diversity on Chico's social media than there are in their magazine and tv ads.

-The overall quality of the clothes and materials they use have gone down and it has affected sales because many customers have realized this and voiced it to Chico's in writing and on social media in vast numbers. However, instead of improving the overall quality of the products, the company puts a lot of pressure back on the stores and associates to just sell more to customers who aren't happy with their products.

Advice to Management

Listen to what your customers and employees are trying to tell you and show them that this company respects their concerns and values their patronage/time. If you don't feel valued as a customer and just ignored, you won't shop there. And if you don't feel valued and respected as an employee, you won't' work there.

Showing 1,321 of 1,344 reviews