Chico's FAS Reviews

2.9
Chico's FAS President and CEO Bonnie R. Brooks
Bonnie R. Brooks
Pros
Cons
  • "Upper management changes a lot, causing change after change(in 91 reviews)

• "If you are part time, under 30 hours, no medical or vacation benefits or holiday pay(in 61 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great place for part-time work"

5.0
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Chico's FAS part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Beautiful, clean boutiques Quality product - easy to sell Good management - they want you to succeed They work around your schedule, as much as possible Decent wages for part-time entry level work

Cons

No full-time work, even for managers Little room for advancement unless you relocate

Chico's FAS2020-02-13

February 18, 2020Associate Relations Generalist

Thank you for the five-star review! As you know, a guiding principle at Chico's FAS is to create the most amazing place to work, learn and grow for our associates. We are pleased that your employment experience is aligned with that guiding principle. As far as your suggestions, we have forwarded them to the appropriate leadership for consideration. If you would like to share more information, please contact us at GlassdoorFeedback@chicos.com.

2. "Great Place to Work"

5.0
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Mount Kisco, NY

I have been working at Chico's FAS part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great women to work with, and a fun environment!

Cons

Commission could be a little better.

Chico's FAS2020-04-16

April 17, 2020Associate Relations Generalist

Thank you for your five-star review! We strive to create the most amazing place to work, learn and grow for our associates. We are pleased to hear your boutique has a vibrant, positive environment that you enjoy. We appreciate you!

3. "There are GOOD days and there are DATA days!"

Current Employee - Sourcing Manager in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Chico's FAS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people in my department (sourcing) are genuinely pleasant to work with - other departments it's a mixed bag. The work life balance is pretty decent - can work 9 to 6 with one hour lunch (others choose 8 to 5 so there's flexibility). They truly do make an effort to promote from within and place emphasis on professional development/ quarterly feedback reviews.

Cons

There are too many separate systems that do not talk to each other resulting in a lot of data entry, questionable data integrity (due to other depts not updating their info), and new excel charts very frequently being requested by leadership precisely because there is no central source for information.

Chico's FAS2020-05-19

May 22, 2020Associate Relations Manager

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you enjoy working with your current team! We strive to create the most amazing place to work, learn and grow which includes a focus on consistently coaching, encouraging and challenging our Associates to be the best they can be. We are pleased that you have experienced this focus on personal development for yourself and witnessed it for those around you. With that said, we are always looking for ways to improve. We would encourage you to share your concerns and any ideas you have regarding the data issue you discussed in your review with your management team. If you need additional support, please reach out directly to us at GlassdoorFeedback@chicos.com.

"No growth or upward mobility"

I worked at Chico's FAS full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Campus gym and summer Fridays

Cons

Narrow-minded leaders who don't lead or care about their team only about results.

Chico's FAS2020-05-25

May 27, 2020Associate Relations Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We regret that your experience with us was not a positive one. At Chico’s FAS we believe in providing the most amazing personal service to not only our customers, but to each other as well. Our goal is to constantly coach, encourage and challenge, guiding our associates to be the best they can be. Please contact us at GlassdoorFeedback@chicos.com so that we can learn more about your experience and help ensure that we continue to live by our Values and Guiding Principles.

"This is a company you work for when you already have something that acts as your main income."

Former Employee - Sales Lead in Boise, ID

I worked at Chico's FAS part-time for more than a year

Pros

Ability to earn some commission

Cons

Low pay, raises are seldom

Chico's FAS2020-05-22

May 27, 2020Associate Relations Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. At Chico’s FAS, we provide competitive compensation for our associates, including base pay and incentive programs . We regret that you would not recommend us as an employer and would love to hear your suggestions for how we could have improved your experience. Please email us at GlassdoorFeedback@chicos.com to provide more information.

"BEWARE OF WORKING FOR THIS COMPANY"

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Chico's FAS full-time for more than a year

Pros

The gym and company store

Cons

Office politics. Finger pointing. Outdated strategies and mindset. Old moldy buildings. No work life balance. Unethical practices. Out of touch overpaid Executives... The list could go on and on. Every horror story of a typical toxic workplace trait is baked into Chico's company culture. Read old and new reviews this has been true about the company for a long time not just since COVID. The company hires many out of state employees locks them into a two year contract so they cannot leave once they see how much of a mess this place is. Its the only way they can survive as its reputation locally has been TARNISHED for a while, and those not in a contract with a leg to stand on leave as quickly as they figure out what is going on here. The lay offs are ever looming. No one's job is ever safe, and it is FELT in the atmosphere. People are constantly on edge to prove they should stay. The company has constant turn over at ALL levels and at the higher levels this makes it impossible to stick to a strategy. I've heard many say working here was the worst move for their career. If you value you your sanity or simply being respected or having career growth this is not the company for you. The company laid off hundreds of employees during the COVID 19 pandemic without providing them severance, unless you were high up enough then they gave you something. Leaving the lower level hard working employees high and dry in a time of economic down turn. This is something THEY CHOSE TO DO, Chico's only did this because they thought they could get away with it under the shield of the madness of COVID. The way the company's finances are situated they could have provided AT LEAST some severance to everyone, but they chose not to, just because they could. While the new CEO gets a raise, former employees are out of work after giving years to the company with nothing in return to fall back on. Any time this company has the opportunity to screw over its employees in favor of a couple extra $ it will.

Chico's FAS2020-05-16

May 22, 2020Associate Relations Manager

Thank you for posting your comments. As a Company, we are experiencing one of the most difficult retail environments ever. The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has challenged our business operations causing the Company to take actions we never anticipated in order to secure the long-term stability of Chico’s FAS. The COVID-19 pandemic necessitated the temporary closure of our stores. Although we immediately pivoted to provide an amazing and robust online experience for our customers, the loss of in-store sales has significantly impacted our business. To preserve and protect the long-term stability of the Company, we reorganized our business operations, reduced our workforce, and consolidated functions to be better positioned to recover once the current business downturn ends and in-store sales resume. We are deeply saddened that we had to take these actions and do not take these decisions lightly. Reductions to our workforce are always difficult. Our goal has been, and continues to be, not only to survive these trying times, but to thrive as the Company that always provides the Most Amazing Personal Service to everyone. We look forward to rebuilding the organization and wish all those affected the best as we all navigate the future. We would like the opportunity to discuss your review further. You can reach us by emailing GlassdoorFeedback@chicos.com. If you wish to remain anonymous, you can also utilize the Chico’s FAS Open Door and Ethics Hotline.

7. "It’s okay"

Current Employee - Operations Analyst

I have been working at Chico's FAS full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Nice office, pay, and people

Cons

No movement. You could be here for 10 years and not go anywhere.

Chico's FAS2020-05-07

May 7, 2020Associate Relations Generalist

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear you would recommend working at Chico's FAS! At Chico’s FAS we believe in providing the most amazing personal service to not only our customers, but to each other as well. Our goal is to constantly coach, encourage and challenge, guiding our associates to be the best they can be. Please contact us at glassdoorfeedback@chicos.com so that we can learn more about your experience in order for us to ensure our guiding principles and values are more than just a sign on the wall.

8. "Overall Nice Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Sales Lead

I have been working at Chico's FAS part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good discount on items. Easy to learn how to do things. Must be able to use technology. Able to advance.

Cons

Raises are based off of your numbers, but if you work in a store that is low traffic then you don’t get a raise.

Chico's FAS2020-04-27

April 28, 2020Associate Relations Generalist

Thank you for your review. We are always glad to hear about our associate’s positive experiences. We appreciate your recommendation for others to join our Chico’s FAS team! We provide competitive compensation for our associates, including base pay and bonus programs. If you have suggestions for how we could improve, we encourage you to email us at GlassdoorFeedback@chicos.com.

"Run FAST"

1.0
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Chico's FAS full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Many talented retail/fashion professionals work at Chico's. Also the prices at their Company Store are great.

Cons

If you are considering taking a position at Chico's FAS, DON'T!!!!! It's a very poorly run company. The true colors came out during the COVID-19 pandemic. Especially how the associates are really just a number there. If you want to take a job for the experience, do it but remember to take an advantage of the situation as much as they will take an advantage of you, your talent, your energy and your personal time.

Chico's FAS2020-05-23

May 27, 2020Associate Relations Manager

Thank you for posting your comments. As a Company, we are experiencing one of the most difficult retail environments ever. The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has challenged our business operations causing the Company to take actions we never anticipated in order to secure the long-term stability of Chico’s FAS. The COVID-19 pandemic necessitated the temporary closure of our stores. Although we immediately pivoted to provide an amazing and robust online experience for our customers, the loss of in-store sales has significantly impacted our business. To preserve and protect the long-term stability of the Company, we reorganized our business operations, reduced our workforce, and consolidated functions to be better positioned to recover once the current business downturn ends and in-store sales resume. We are deeply saddened that we had to take these actions and do not take these decisions lightly. Reductions to our workforce are always difficult. Our goal has been, and continues to be, not only to survive these trying times, but to thrive as the Company that always provides the Most Amazing Personal Service to everyone. We look forward to rebuilding the organization and hope to provide many of our affected associates the opportunity to rejoin the Chico’s family as we navigate into the future. We continue to wish all those affected the best.

"Stay away from Fort Misery!"

1.0
    Former Employee - Designer in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Chico's FAS full-time for less than a year

Pros

None that I can say

Cons

Don’t let them lure you in with the money. Management changed 3x in 1 yr. Cuts of 150+ happen yearly now. Stocks are continuing to tank. The campus is like a prison where they don’t even let you leave for lunch. Worst of all, they make Fort Myers seem like an oasis but seriously, before you even consider for a moment-understand this is not a place to be with a sinking ship of a company.

Chico's FAS2020-05-21

May 26, 2020Associate Relations Manager

Thank you for taking your time to leave a review. At Chico’s FAS, we are committed to creating the most amazing place to work, learn and grow and are disappointed to hear that your experience with us was not positive. We take your concerns seriously and would like to get additional information from you. We encourage you to email us at GlassdoorFeedback@chicos.com.

Found 1459 reviews