Chico's FAS Reviews

Updated May 13, 2021

3.4
Chico's FAS President and CEO Molly Langenstein
Molly Langenstein
Pros
  • "The work life balance is pretty decent - can work 9 to 6 with one hour lunch (others choose 8 to 5 so there's flexibility)(in 66 reviews)

• "Health benefits and employee discount(in 60 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Better diversity in upper management(in 92 reviews)

• "This is to facilitate the hiring of employees part time from job services as revenue saving techniques(in 65 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Chico's FAS and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years
      Featured Review

Working during COVID-19

Mar 20, 2021 - Store Manager in Norfolk, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company very supportive and provides mask and hand sanitizer for staff and customers. They have signage to use throughout the store.

Cons

Minimum hours available during this time.

Associate Relations Manager

Thank you for the five-star review! We are so happy to hear you have enjoyed working at our boutique in Norfolk, VA. It is great to receive a recommendation from an Associate that has been with us for over eight years. As you know, we take the health and safety of our Associates and Customers extremely seriously and are pleased to hear you have felt supported during this time. Thank you again for such a positive review.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Excellent place to work

May 13, 2021 - Store Manager in Gulfport, MS
      Business Outlook

Pros

Chicos is an excellent place to work, learn, and grow! The company is very family oriented.

Cons

None that I have found.

Director, HR Compliance & Associate Relations

Thank you for your 5-star review! We are so glad you enjoy working at Chico's FAS. It really is a great place to work and grow. We continue to build our teams with the best and the brightest. If you would like to provide additional information please feel free to email us at glassdoorfeedback@chicos.com.

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

It's all fake and we're tired

May 5, 2021 - Anonymous Former Employee in Fort Myers, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers are genuinely helpful and there are some smart people here... or used to be

Cons

Pay well under market value, will not promote you no matter how well you perform, terrible judgement when it comes to hiring managers, directors, etc... not very strategic, always scrambling, pivoting, and reacting and trying to pass it off as innovation. Super late in the game on basic things. Extremely understaffed where it's needed. I could go on... Senior leaders keep hiring their friends and don't hold them to the same level of accountability as other employees. Everyone I know is looking for other opportunities because we are overworked, underpaid, and underappreciated- leaders seem to think that 'appreciation' is a shoutout. If you're looking for real appreciation- i.e. career advancement opportunities, promotions where promotions are due, or market rate compensation- look elsewhere. Since the huge staff cuts this year, there are gaping holes still left unfilled. There is no barrier whatsoever between senior leaders and lower level staff, leaving employees feeling vulnerable to out of touch leaders who gush over "huge profits" in one breath and lament over budget in the next. Just know that when it comes to shareholders, we're doing great and when it comes to employees, we're understaffed, underpaid, and under-resourced. HR is probably going to respond to this, but people have been dropping like flies and there's been no real effort to improve retention.

4 people found this review helpful

Director, HR Compliance & Associate Relations

Thank you for posting your review. We are sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with your experience working for us. In the last year Chico’s FAS, like other retailers and business throughout the country, has been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. This caused us to temporarily close stores, identify and realign core functions and operations, and readjust our staffing models. As we now emerge from this pandemic we will continue to evaluate our operational needs and adjust staffing levels, compensation and other key programs. This includes identifying and maximizing internal growth opportunities and Associate development. We will also continue to maintain a robust recruiting effort to attract and retain exceptional talent, both internal and external. In addition, while Chico's FAS provides competitive compensation for our Associates we continue to review and evaluate our compensation programs and initiatives. The well-being and work/life balance of our Associates is extremely important to us. We offer a number of wellness and mindfulness initiatives for Associates. As we all move back towards pre-pandemic “normal” we are committed to providing our Associates with a great work environment and meaningful recognition for their hard work. We would love to hear more from you about how you think we could improve. Please feel free to contact us at glassdoorfeedback@chicos.com.

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

If you were my friend I would tell you to stay away from this company.

Apr 5, 2021 - Designer in Fort Myers, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cost of living is cheap in Fort Myers The campus is nice

Cons

The people and company culture is very toxic when you look below the surface.  Individuals that have been with the company for a long time tend to drive this behavior.  Since they have family and life here, it feels that they will do anything to make sure their life is comfortable at the cost of making the life others difficult.  This results in situations where individuals have been bullied and/or harassed.  As one can imagine this hinders growth and negatively impacts the creative process. t is important to consider that taking a job such as this, you are in a sense restricted to this location.  There are no other apparel companies in the area.  There are 3 brands however it is difficult to move between them.  When people were laid off several years ago, many of my former colleagues expressed concern and issues towards finding a new job.  The situation did not change when many people were furloughed and laid off because of the pandemic (myself included). The company consolidated several departments between the three brands.  In addition to that, individuals in lower level positions were strung along for months before they were terminated and did not receive severance despite working for the company for over many years. While at the same time they did pay executives severance.

Associate Relations Manager

Thank you for posting your comments. As a Company, we have experienced one of the most difficult retail environments ever. The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has challenged our business operations causing the Company to take actions we never anticipated in order to secure the long-term stability of Chico’s FAS. The COVID-19 pandemic lead to some very hard decisions for the Company. We are deeply saddened that we had to take these actions and do not take these decisions lightly. Reductions to our workforce are always difficult. Our goal has been, and continues to be, not only to survive these trying times, but to thrive as the Company that always provides the Most Amazing Personal Service to everyone. If you have any additional information to share please contact us at glassdoorfeedback@chicos.com.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Chico’s fas

May 13, 2021 - Store Manager in Arlington, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance....fun environment to work in

Cons

None. Enjoy working at Chico’s

Director, HR Compliance & Associate Relations

Thank you for posting your review. We are so glad that you enjoy working for Chico's FAS. It has been a challenging year and we appreciate all of our field Associates' hard work. Please feel free to provide additional feedback at glassdoorfeedback@chicos.com.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Good company

May 11, 2021 - Store Manager in Williamsburg, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, good work life balance

Cons

High stress on making your numbers

Director, HR Compliance & Associate Relations

Thank you for posting a review. We are glad to know that you are pleased with our benefits and work-life balance. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic this past year has been challenging for us as well as the retail environment in general. We are very confident that we can now put it behind us and continue to provide our customers with the most amazing products and personal service. Nevertheless we are sorry to hear that you are experiencing a high stress level. Chico's FAS strives to provide a great work environment for its associates. We have a number of wellness and mindfullness initiatives in which you might be interested. If you would like more information please contact us at glassdoorfeedback@chicos.com or your HR Business Partner.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place To Work, Learn, and Grow!!

Oct 26, 2020 - Assistant Store Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

The Company has adapted well to a changing and unpredictable retail market. Great work-life balance with flexible scheduling. Fun job with a loyal customer base. There is an atmosphere of teamwork in the store and the staff genuinely care about one another and our customers. The business model of fostering relationships and providing individual service is wonderful! It’s a high-energy, dynamic job that never gets boring. Upper management is approachable and very hands-on.

Cons

Unless you’re in a large metro area with several stores there’s not an abundance of opportunity for advancement if you aren’t willing to move. Bonus plans don’t have adequate incentive for associates.

1 person found this review helpful

Associate Relations Manager

Thank you for such a thorough and thoughtful five-star review! The global pandemic has called all of us to adapt to a new work environment. We are glad to know you have felt supported by the company through all the recent changes. We are also pleased to hear that you have a such a great relationship with your fellow associates, leadership and customers. As you may know, we have recently implemented a new incentive program for our associates in hopes that our teams can maximize their opportunity for multiple bonuses a year. You have pointed out a few topics that we will be sure to pass to leadership for further consideration. If you have specific suggestions you would like to share with the company, please email us at GlassdoorFeedback@chicos.com.

8. 4.0
      Former Employee

Love the clothes

Apr 27, 2021 - Assistant Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

the clothes are nice and have Great style

Cons

the clothes are nice but High prices

Director, HR Compliance & Associate Relations

Thank you for posting a 4 star review. We are so glad that you like our clothing. We take great pride in providing a variety of styles to appeal to all of our customers across our three brands. Our pricing is reflective of the high quality and efforts that go into creating our fabulous designs and shopping experiences. We offer many promotions, discount coupon and loyalty pricing options for our customers as well as a generous Associate discount. We hope that you will continue to shop with us. If you would like more information about the various coupon and loyalty programs please feel free to email us at glassdoorfeedback@chicos.com.

9. 4.0
      Former Employee

Chicos Mpls.

Apr 25, 2021 - Part Time Sales Associate in Edina, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

They offered flexible weekly hours.

Cons

Evening hours were included due to shopping center’s hours.

Associate Relations Manager

Thank you for posting your comments about Chico's FAS. We value your feedback and are pleased to hear you enjoyed the flexibility of your hours. If you have any other feedback please feel free to contact us at glassdoorfeedback@chicos.com.

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place for part timers

May 8, 2021 - Sales Associate in Riverside, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

great employee discounts great for part time work

Cons

no full time work for sales associates

Director, HR Compliance & Associate Relations

Thank you for posting your review. Our Associate discounts and flexible part-time scheduling are great benefits! While our sales associate positions are typically part-time we do offer a number of other full-time opportunities in our Soma, Chico's, and White House/Black Market boutiques. We sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with our IT systems. If you would like to provide more detail please contact us at glassdoorfeedback@chicos.com.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,617 Reviews