Cover image for Cision

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Cision Interview Questions

Updated Nov 11, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 231 of over 231 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Cision

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Cision in Apr 2022

Interview

Very swift process, took about a week from start to finish. First was a phone screening with Talent Recruiter then an interview with 2 managers. Questions ranged from telling them about yourself to experience based questions.

Interview Questions
  • Walk me through your resume.
    Answer Question
  • What do you consider a weakness about yourself?
  • Where do you see yourself in the next 5-10 years?

Cision

Application

I interviewed at Cision

Interview

It was an organised and clear process. Expectations on both sides were made clear. Involvement from various departments. Lengthy. It was an organised and clear process. Expectations on both sides were made clear. Involvement from various departments. Lengthy.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Tech

70 Comments

Tech

452.9K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Cision~16067
Join the conversation on

Cision

Application

I interviewed at Cision

Interview

Extremely slick and seamless, utilising a healthy mix of tech and people. Quick and with clear strong communication. Although I met with several team members, colleagues and senior stakeholders, this gave me the opportunity to make a fully informed decision.

Interview Questions
  • How would you be able to make an impact in your role, given your experience and approach?

Cision

Application

I interviewed at Cision

Interview

The interviewer was a no-show for two interviews with passive-aggressive answers up when I followed up. The interviewer was a no-show for two interviews with passive-aggressive answers up when I followed up.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cision (New York, NY) in Aug 2022

Interview

Initial communication was swift. Set up interview with first round recruiter and spoke about next steps. Followed up a few days later and received no feedback or follow up. Position is still posted,it would have been nice to receive follow up with a decision instead of ghosting. Perhaps this treatment is indicative of company culture/practices.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Cision (New York, NY) in Aug 2022

Interview

Screening interview on phone, 10-15 minutes with a very experienced and professional recruiter. Featured two structured questions and talk about next steps. Time to hire appeared to be a focus.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you initiated and managed a change effort in the workplace?

Cision

Application

I interviewed at Cision

Interview

Excellent processus d'entretien. Reçu avec bienveillance par la DRH et le DG. Pas de pièges particuliers. Transparents dans la démarche et honnêtes dans le mode de fonctionnement. Des questions pertinentes et des attentes vis à vis du poste très claires.

Interview Questions
  • Quelles attentes avez-vous de votre employeur après avoir travaillé en freelance?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cision (New York, NY) in Jul 2022

Interview

Filled out the application and then received an email asking for my availability for a phone screening the next day. Was your typical phone screening conversation and then was told the hiring manager was on vacation and I wouldn't hear back on next steps until the end of the week. Never was contacted back with next steps and position seemed to have been taken down so role was probably filled. Probably would help to communicate to candidates when the positions are filled instead of ghosting.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I interviewed at Cision (London, England) in Jul 2022

Interview

After my initial application, I completed a Data and Insight test at home, for which I had 1h and was tasked to find mistakes & summarise key info, then I had a 1h video interview with 2 employees a few weeks later. The whole process took almost 2 months, but that was due to bank holidays etc.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself/what you do
  • Tell me about a time you made a mistake
  • A couple of questions about their services
  • Questions about time management abilities
  • Lots of follow up questions based on answers to previous questions

Cision

Application

I interviewed at Cision

Interview

Thorough and well organised. They were clearly interested, engaged and wanted to make sure it was the right fit for both parties. Tiered process involving a written test and an interview.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Cision

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cision in Jun 2022

Interview

Expect a rug pul. Applied for a job, realised it paid much less than the market, interviewed for that job, got a LOW ball offer with no negotiations for another lower position job with an even worse schedule. RED flags ontop of RED flags.

Interview Questions
  • tell me about your successes and failures. How do you handle conflict. Very generic... they want bodies, not capabilities.
2 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 231 Interviews

Cision Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Cision as 52.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.63 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Account Executive and Associate Customer Content Specialist rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Account Manager and Analyst roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Cision takes an average of 20 days when considering 159 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Account Executive had the quickest hiring process (on average 12 days), whereas Analyst roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 25 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Cision according to 159 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 31.11%