Cision Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Cision

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Media Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coimbra, Coimbra (Portugal)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cision (Coimbra, Coimbra (Portugal)) in June 2018.

Interview

the interview process was simple. They asked a few questions, a little about me and what motivated me to go to the company.. the interview process was simple. They asked a few questions, a little about me and what motivated me to go to the company.

SQA Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cision (Morrisville, NC) in August 2018.

Interview

Contacted by the recruiter to apply for the job, applied, great phone screen by recruiter. Passed this one and then had a phone screen with the hiring manager which was great! Was invited on-site to meet with the hiring manager in person, the VP and some of their peers and team members. Excellent situational questions to assess leadership style, fit to their culture and technical aptitude.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about your leadership style.
      Tell me about your experience with Agile practices. Where have you encountered issues?
      What do you feel is the role of quality assurance in a software, or technology, organization?
      Tell me about the automation frameworks you've been involved with.
      What role did you have with standing up a framework?
      Which tools have you used?
      What challenges did you face with the framework and written tests?
      What is the best way for you to learn new things?
      What is your preferred communication method?
      What drives you crazy at work?
      Who/What personalities do you work well with on your team?
      How would your co-workers describe you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cision (Chicago, IL) in February 2010.

Interview

usual 3 steps process

Interview Questions

• can you do ABC if you have no idea what it is about?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cision (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Stage 1) Overview of Company and position requirements, 2) Wonderlic (IQ), behavioral, and summary brief writing exams. The H.R contact was amazing, better than most HR persons in the private sector (enthusiastic, transparent, and flexible)

Interview Questions

• Background, motivation, and ability to work a night shift.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cision in June 2018.

Interview

A waste of time. They use recruiters, so most of the time the recruiter is just looking to add to his/her numbers. Applied online, had a discussion about the position, took a grammar test (time goes way too fast), and took a test based on the type of work you'd be doing. I'm almost certain they weren't actually looking for anyone at the time. If you have something else lined up, don't wait for this company to make their decision.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cision (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

I interviewed at the Cleveland office and had an awful experience. The employees seemed miserable. The receptionist was unbelievably rude and condescending, and the interviewers seemed bored and disinterested from the start. It was a complete waste of my time and I’d never recommend this company.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot about what I knew about Cision and PR Newswire. I understand as a potential candidate, it’s my responsibility to come prepared, which is why I did my research ahead of time - but it felt like they were quizzing me and getting way too specific. It’s THEIR job as well to inform me and educate me about the company, yet any time I asked a question, I got a broad, round-about response that in no way answered my question.   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cision (Cleveland, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

took 4 months, kept calling me back for interviews, after 5 interviews they gave an offer started work 2 weeks later. the team is super nice and fun to work with

Interview Questions

• why did i move to cleveland   1 Answer

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cision.

Interview

Had a preliminary phone call where they just asked you about yourself and a couple situational interview questions. Then they pass you on to the next interview phone call with a hiring manager that is more intense. More situational and behavioral interview questions.

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cision (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview with a recruiter. They ask about my work background and basic interview questions. Then you move on to an in person interview. The in person interview is only to see what type of personality you have. I was specially asked not to talk about my work history while describing myself.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself without describing your work history.   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cision (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

I was brought into Cision over winter break for an interview concerning the Business Development Associate position. The interview was informal and served as a tour of the office. We met current BDA's and were able to ask them questions.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cision (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied on the Cision Website and on LinkedIn in order to get my foot in the door quicker. Once you apply make sure you contact the hiring manager via email or LinkedIn as this will get you into the door faster.
    1 - Phone Interview from a Cision Recruiter (they seemed very unorganized on the phone)
         a. The Recruiter seem to take 3 to 5 days to get back to me via every email. If Cision is so interested in a potential match, why do they take that long? Plus, the recruiter sent an email about the phone interview being a specific date and called a different day to have it. No professionalism with this recruiter!
         b. I Had another recruiter from Cision contact me via LinkedIn and it seemed that this person was very interested in me. To bad I was unable to take to this recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions and they keep asking the same question in different works. This process is very disorganized!   Answer Question