KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Citizens Property Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 31 of over 31 interviews

Other3%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Citizens Property Insurance

Application

I interviewed at Citizens Property Insurance

Interview

Interviews were conducts over Zoom and Remote. Multiple rounds with various teams. The process was very well organized. Good questions and nice teams to meet. The communications from the HR person were very good.

Interview Questions
  • Normal IT Architect interview questions.
    Answer Question

Application

Interview

Interviewed for manual tester position, and flexible for automation. Total 3 rounds took 2 weeks 1. One way video interview 2. Tech round with 3 in panel 3. Non-Tech round with hiring manager and director

Interview Questions
  • second round : Basics of java, manual testing and management questions third round : all behavioural questions

Citizens Property Insurance

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Citizens Property Insurance in Jun 2021

Interview

I was reached out to by several entities -- in company recruiter and staffing company. I completed a video interview through hirevue, on a recording program. A few days later the recruiter called me to notify me that I was not selected to move forward which I was impressed with because usually you would just receive an email stating that, I thought that was really nice and personable.

Interview Questions
  • It was never specified to answer in STAR method but with my personal experience it is always best to. Most of their questions were pretty straight forward though.

Citizens Property Insurance

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Property Insurance in May 2021

Interview

The managers have zero personality and only want to read from a script. They will even warm you that they only have a short time with you and they have to keep to the script - which provides zero questions about the actual position your interviewing for.

Interview Questions
  • I honestly can't remember the exact questions but they had nothing to do with the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Citizens Property Insurance (Tampa, FL) in Apr 2021

Interview

There are three parts to the interview, phone, hire view, and Microsoft teams. The phone interview is with a recruiter which was pretty basic, they will ask your salary requirement and availability. The video hire view interview was 11 questions some behavioral but mostly focused on what experience you can bring to the underwriting role. The Microsoft teams interview was 22 questions some behavioral but mostly general questions about how you will handle different situations.

Interview Questions
  • What makes a successful underwriter? Where do you see yourself in 3 years? How will your educational background assist you in the underwriting role? What will be your biggest challenge in the underwriting role? What is risk based underwriting?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citizens Property Insurance (Tampa, FL) in Nov 2018

Interview

Fantastic and easy to complete. Energetic company. Dialog was specific and to the point. The interviewers were friendly and provided enough clarity around the questions to make the interview flow well.

Interview Questions
  • Challenge questions about the organization

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Property Insurance (Jacksonville, FL) in Oct 2018

Interview

Internal recruiting was fantastic. They kept me updated and responded to emailed questions and calls very quickly. There was a phone screen with Recruiting, a video interview (recorded with HireView), and then a single in-person interview. The process was very organized and maybe the best managing hiring process I've experienced.

Interview Questions
  • Video questions were about technical experience. In-person questions were more behavioral.
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Citizens Property Insurance (Jacksonville, FL)

Interview

The process went very fast and was positive until it became apparent that it was a 'fake' interview which is something unethical companies do because they already have an internal candidate or some personal connection. So, be aware. But for a government company, such shams should not be acceptable. Given other reviews of this company, I really feel it falls in line with their way of operating. Recruiters, please stop this sham and be respectful of other people's time.

Interview Questions
  • Scripted list of questions they had printed and took turns to ask. No discussion.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Property Insurance (Jacksonville, FL)

Interview

I found the listing via Glassdoor and applied on the Citizen's website directly. The entire process took 6 weeks, from submission of my application materials to getting to the final interview. As others have noted, it can be a little unusual. I was contacted by a recruiter who was very professional, transparent and friendly. This was the initial screen which was a basic matching of the job description to my resume and experience. I was asked my salary requirements (so prepare for that) and then given the hiring range of the position to see if we would be a good match. A week later, I received a call from the same recruiter, letting me know I was selected to progress. This is the odd part: it was using HireVue, which is a pre-recorded interview platform. You use a webcam and the program to record yourself answering interview questions and submit. It was actually easier than I thought. A week after that, the same recruiter called and moved me on to the next phase: skills testing. It was via Kenexa's ProveIt platform. And finally, a week after I submitted those tests, I was contacted to move to the final in-person interview. A little distant and hands-off at first, but very transparent and professional.

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of an Excel macro that you've used and the purpose.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citizens Property Insurance (Jacksonville, FL) in Apr 2017

Interview

I applied through the Citizens site for an IT intern.First round was Hirevue pre recording interview.There were 17 questions which asked each and every thing.Then second round was in person interview and there were three panel members who were having more than 15 years of experience in insurance domain.Interview was good certain things they got impressed was in depth research about profile and company as well as of panel members.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 31 Interviews

Citizens Property Insurance Interviews FAQs

Common stages of the interview process at Citizens Property Insurance according to 32 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 30.51%

Work at Citizens Property Insurance? Share Your Experiences

Citizens Property Insurance logo

Citizens Property Insurance Careers

Cover image for Citizens Property Insurance

Who We Are Citizens Property Insurance Corporation was created by the Florida Legislature in August 2002 as a not-for-profit, tax-exempt,...More

• Values
  • Careers
  • Total Rewards

Company Updates

0 days ago

Company News
Citizens is honored to be once again named one of Florida Trend's Best Companies to Work For in Florida. Our success wouldn’t be possible without the dedication and collaborative contributions of everyone on #TeamCitizens. We’re committed to supporting our vibrant culture where skilled and knowledgeable individuals use their diverse experience and vast talents to proudly serve our customers and all Floridians. “Florida Trend’s recognition of Citizens affirms our commitment to an inclusive culture that values a positive employee experience through such initiatives as our distributed workforce policy, community involvement options, numerous health and well-being offerings and an expanded list of learning and development opportunities for all employees,” said Barry Gilway, Citizens’ President/CEO and Executive Director. This is the third year in a row Citizens has been recognized among the state’s 100 best employers. Read more at Florida Trend: https://www.floridatrend.com/best-companies. Thank you for recognizing #TeamCitizens! #WeAreCitizens
Shared image

3 days ago

Culture
#TalentTuesday: Meet Bryan, HR data analyst. He's a newer member of #TeamCitizens and shared how rewarding it has been to build upon his data analytics strengths while actively developing new business skills and relationships across the organization. Bryan learned of Citizens and was drawn to the organization by actively searching for a workplace that would allow him to continue his professional journey while building new skill sets and lasting professional relationships with others. Thanks for being part of #TeamCitizens, Bryan! We're excited to have you as part of our vibrant culture that supports collaboration, bringing forward new approaches and creative strategies to conquer evolving challenges. As an industry leader, we're always looking for out-of-the-box thinkers, enthusiastic leaders and people ready to drive change. Join our roster today, apply at citizensfla.com/careers. #WeAreCitizens
Shared image

Citizens Property Insurance Photos

+ Add Photo
Citizens Property Insurance photo of: Employees
Citizens Property Insurance photo of: Getting in on the festivities was as easy as a video call with co-workers in 2020
Citizens Property Insurance photo of: Holiday parties went virtual in 2020 but the spirit of competition lives on!
Citizens Property Insurance photo of: All systems go for the first virtual Citizens Celebrates event
Citizens Property Insurance photo of: Facilities Director Cherri Linn displays the various signage and protection methods in use at Citizens' offices to keep employees safe
Citizens Property Insurance photo of: Working from home gives employees the chance to interact with new furry co-workers
Citizens Property Insurance photo of: Employees show off their new co-workers as they work from home