Citizens Property Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 29 of over 29 interviews

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Citizens Property Insurance

Featured Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Citizens Property Insurance (Tampa, FL) in Jun 2021

Interview

I was reached out to by several entities -- in company recruiter and staffing company. I completed a video interview through hirevue, on a recording program. A few days later the recruiter called me to notify me that I was not selected to move forward which I was impressed with because usually you would just receive an email stating that, I thought that was really nice and personable.

Interview Questions
  • It was never specified to answer in STAR method but with my personal experience it is always best to. Most of their questions were pretty straight forward though.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Property Insurance (Tampa, FL) in May 2021

Interview

The managers have zero personality and only want to read from a script. They will even warm you that they only have a short time with you and they have to keep to the script - which provides zero questions about the actual position your interviewing for.

Interview Questions
  • I honestly can't remember the exact questions but they had nothing to do with the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Citizens Property Insurance (Jacksonville, FL) in Apr 2021

Interview

There are three parts to the interview, phone, hire view, and Microsoft teams. The phone interview is with a recruiter which was pretty basic, they will ask your salary requirement and availability. The video hire view interview was 11 questions some behavioral but mostly focused on what experience you can bring to the underwriting role. The Microsoft teams interview was 22 questions some behavioral but mostly general questions about how you will handle different situations.

Interview Questions
  • What makes a successful underwriter? Where do you see yourself in 3 years? How will your educational background assist you in the underwriting role? What will be your biggest challenge in the underwriting role? What is risk based underwriting?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citizens Property Insurance (Jacksonville, FL) in Nov 2018

Interview

Fantastic and easy to complete. Energetic company. Dialog was specific and to the point. The interviewers were friendly and provided enough clarity around the questions to make the interview flow well.

Interview Questions
  • Challenge questions about the organization

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Property Insurance (Jacksonville, FL) in Oct 2018

Interview

Internal recruiting was fantastic. They kept me updated and responded to emailed questions and calls very quickly. There was a phone screen with Recruiting, a video interview (recorded with HireView), and then a single in-person interview. The process was very organized and maybe the best managing hiring process I've experienced.

Interview Questions
  • Video questions were about technical experience. In-person questions were more behavioral.
2 people found this interview helpful

Application

Interview

The process went very fast and was positive until it became apparent that it was a 'fake' interview which is something unethical companies do because they already have an internal candidate or some personal connection. So, be aware. But for a government company, such shams should not be acceptable. Given other reviews of this company, I really feel it falls in line with their way of operating. Recruiters, please stop this sham and be respectful of other people's time.

Interview Questions
  • Scripted list of questions they had printed and took turns to ask. No discussion.
1 person found this interview helpful

Citizens Property Insurance

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Citizens Property Insurance

Interview

I found the listing via Glassdoor and applied on the Citizen's website directly. The entire process took 6 weeks, from submission of my application materials to getting to the final interview. As others have noted, it can be a little unusual. I was contacted by a recruiter who was very professional, transparent and friendly. This was the initial screen which was a basic matching of the job description to my resume and experience. I was asked my salary requirements (so prepare for that) and then given the hiring range of the position to see if we would be a good match. A week later, I received a call from the same recruiter, letting me know I was selected to progress. This is the odd part: it was using HireVue, which is a pre-recorded interview platform. You use a webcam and the program to record yourself answering interview questions and submit. It was actually easier than I thought. A week after that, the same recruiter called and moved me on to the next phase: skills testing. It was via Kenexa's ProveIt platform. And finally, a week after I submitted those tests, I was contacted to move to the final in-person interview. A little distant and hands-off at first, but very transparent and professional.

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of an Excel macro that you've used and the purpose.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Citizens Property Insurance (Jacksonville, FL) in Apr 2017

Interview

I applied through the Citizens site for an IT intern.First round was Hirevue pre recording interview.There were 17 questions which asked each and every thing.Then second round was in person interview and there were three panel members who were having more than 15 years of experience in insurance domain.Interview was good certain things they got impressed was in depth research about profile and company as well as of panel members.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Citizens Property Insurance (Jacksonville, FL) in Jan 2017

Interview

Goofy initial interview. Company requires a video submission of questions that they pass around and then decide is you are worth their time to interview in person. I told them no. Last thing you want to do is end up on a bloopers reel that they pass around during the holidays and "some how" you end up on youtube. No thanks. This is not a game. It is a serious job interview to find out if you're a good fit and they are a good fit for you. They really need a serious HR department overhaul.

Interview Questions
6 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Citizens Property Insurance (Jacksonville, FL) in Feb 2016

Interview

Telephone screen with the corporate recruiter, followed by a video interview that asked specific questions relevant to the role. Finally, met with human resources to confirm my suitability for the role and vice versa.

Interview Questions
  • Q: How would you view your role as a leader within the organization, whether formal or informal leadership? What specific things can you do to positively impact the team as an informal leader?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 29 Interviews