Colonial Penn Life Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 5, 2017

2.5

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Colonial Penn Life Insurance (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was conducted by the regional manager and lasted for approximately one hour. It was a positive experience and very informative. He clearly explained what the goals were for the company and what would be required from their employees ( this is a 1099 position). If you are a good fit for the company you can expect to get called back for second interview.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know your background and why you applied for the position.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Colonial Penn Life Insurance (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview that gives info on the job and the history of the company. There said that they pay 100% commission and the reason they do it, if you agree they will require you to get an insurance license.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Colonial Penn Life Insurance.

Interview

Applied for the position through the company's website and got a call a week or so later to schedule interview. A couple of in-person interviews all in one day and a computerized personality test at the end.

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Colonial Penn Life Insurance.

Interview

Phone interview, The basics. Insurance sales. Long hours, commission based, cold calling. Mining for prospective clients. Just not my cup of tea. I was very upfront and so was the recruiter. We ended the conversation with a giggle and thanking each other for one each others time. My overall experience was painless. I wish these recruiters would stop using software to find candidates. Just because I sold insurance in the past does not mean I want to sell it again. Read the potential employees summary or description before calling them.

Interview Questions

• Are you looking for a job in Sales?   1 Answer

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Colonial Penn Life Insurance (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

Typical Good cop/ Bad cop act. You will sit with one manager who will be very warm and welcoming then the next will try and ask you the harder questions that determine your ability to handle objections and offer rebuttals.

Interview Questions

• "With little to no sales experience what makes you think you can sell insurance?"   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Colonial Penn Life Insurance.

Interview

The hiring and interview process went well, like being on a first date, everyone was on their best behavior

Negotiation

A recruiter from Mount Carmel, Indiana calls to make you the offer and expects for you to give an answer right then and there. I violated the rule of thumb by accepting right away, Dont!

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Colonial Penn Life Insurance (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Submitted application and resume online, took online skills and personality assessment. I was contacted by corporate HR a few days later to set up an in person interview. 3 step in person interview process. Met with Sales supervisor, then took a battery of skills and personality assessments, then met with a Sales Manager. In person interview process took about 4 hours. Signed authorization for background check. HR contacted me 3 days later with formal offer.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time you did not achieve a goal at work and how you handled it."   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating really, it was pretty much take it or leave it. I did have my choice of early or late shift, I took early of course.

Senior Telesales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Colonial Penn Life Insurance (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2010.

Interview

Excellent hiring and Interview process, 90% iscompletely done on line.

Negotiation

Set starting salary

TELESALES Representative Interview

Application

Interview

75% ON-LINE, very professional company

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Telesales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Colonial Penn Life Insurance (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2010.

Interview

Pretty intensive interview. First there was a phone screen, followed by a 1 on 1 interview, followed by a multiple choice computerized test describing various customer service issue with options of how I would react under the different scenarios. This was then followed by another 1 on 1 with another manager. I was there a total of 4 hours.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing difficult or unexpected, just time consuming.   Answer Question

Even though I am licensed in NJ, I am not licensed in PA, and the salary they were offering was that of an unlicensed person.