Condé Nast Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 17, 2017

2.6

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through company website, was contacted by a freelance (external) recruiter. Asked me standard questions about my previous work experiences, good conversation. She sent my info along to HR. I was contacted a few days later to set up interview at office with hiring manager. 30 minute (scheduled) interview lasted for 50 minutes. Day after interview, HR contacted me for 3 references, I provided them. Recruiter contacted references. I followed up for hiring status updates with HR and hiring manager - no responses. Completely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Hiring manager asked for samples of my work, which is not a typical question based on my skill set (not creative). Samples were provided, but this was unexpected.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Condé Nast.

Interview

Met with Principal asked me to tell him about myself, and what I could bring to the role . Did not really ask many questions. The interview lasted for about 30 minutes or so.

Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

Two week process with a few different representatives across different levels. Each interview lasted an hour with each individual. Shared insights about company overall and asked mainly about past experience.

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Condé Nast.

Interview

Met with 3 department directors. They asked insightful questions about myself and told me more about the role. They made me feel comfortable and were very smart and open about company dynamics.

Campaign Manager - CitizenNet Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Condé Nast (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

This interview was honestly the worst interview I have ever had. My interview went as follows: My interviewer spoke with me for barely 10 min. She rushed through the interview, she negated my qualifications for the position during the interview saying that I don't have the skills and requirements needed. She questioned all of my previous positions instead of inquiring or asking me about them. She mentioned that my current position was not "fast-paced" enough for Conde Nast or CitizenNet. She mentioned that what I currently do has no relevance to the position I was interviewing for. When I asked about company culture, she just reiterated the job description details and what kind of candidates CN looks for. She was short with me and acted as if I wasn't good enough for the position. It was as if she had already decided that I wasn't going to be right for the job before she even dialed my phone number. As a recruiter, if you decide to call someone for an interview, at least give them the time of day! Ask them about their previous experiences, don't question how they got there. They got there, what does it matter how! She was rude, didn't ask me if I had any questions at the end. I had to interrupt her as she was saying "I'll be in touch" to mention that I had a few questions. I would never want to work for a company after an interview like that. The entire time I felt like my experiences and worth were being put down or were being questioned. What kind of recruiter puts a candidate down during an interview?! Candidates are way more than a resume. Do your job better.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current job? How did you manage to get hired as a manager without previous experience? What interests you about Conde Nast?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Initial contact from recruiter on Hired platform. The internal recruiter was affable and very articulate. I was able to learn more about the company and gain insight into their hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What technologies have you used in the past couple of years?   Answer Question

Editorial Interview

Interview

Spoke with HR on the phone. They asked me to come in the following week to meet with editors. They copied me on an email that no one responded to. Very shady.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Asked to complete a video questionnaire as to skill set and background at the request of a recruiter. Once I did the eight questions, I was rejected less than 5 minutes later. Guessing it is due to looks.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all about background.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Contacted via email and provided with a link to an app called 'take the interview', was given 48 hours to complete a video interview. I submitted the interview (written questions; 2-minute video response per question) The app was easy enough to use but I suggest using a laptop instead of a tablet or iPad. The response was less than appropriate, I heard back around 10 am the next morning with a snarky NO.

Interview Questions

• Q1 Describe your background -general resume overview   Answer Question
    • Q2 Why do you think you would do well as a sales assistant   Answer Question
    • Q3 When given a series of tasks how do you prioritize your workload (what are your best practices)   Answer Question
    • Q4 Favorite Conde Nast brand and why   Answer Question
    • Q5 Describe a time it was necessary to change or modify your actions in order to respond to the needs of another   Answer Question
    • Q6 Please describe a time you had to utilize your problem-solving skills in a difficult situation   Answer Question
    • Q7 What are your long term career goals   Answer Question

Interview

The interview process was brief then I came in like 23476 more times met with alot of higher ups that just asked me annonymous questions nothing to do with my experience.