Condé Nast Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Condé Nast Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2017

2.6

Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

Two week process with a few different representatives across different levels. Each interview lasted an hour with each individual. Shared insights about company overall and asked mainly about past experience.

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Condé Nast.

Interview

Met with 3 department directors. They asked insightful questions about myself and told me more about the role. They made me feel comfortable and were very smart and open about company dynamics.

Campaign Manager - CitizenNet Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Condé Nast (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

This interview was honestly the worst interview I have ever had. My interview went as follows: My interviewer spoke with me for barely 10 min. She rushed through the interview, she negated my qualifications for the position during the interview saying that I don't have the skills and requirements needed. She questioned all of my previous positions instead of inquiring or asking me about them. She mentioned that my current position was not "fast-paced" enough for Conde Nast or CitizenNet. She mentioned that what I currently do has no relevance to the position I was interviewing for. When I asked about company culture, she just reiterated the job description details and what kind of candidates CN looks for. She was short with me and acted as if I wasn't good enough for the position. It was as if she had already decided that I wasn't going to be right for the job before she even dialed my phone number. As a recruiter, if you decide to call someone for an interview, at least give them the time of day! Ask them about their previous experiences, don't question how they got there. They got there, what does it matter how! She was rude, didn't ask me if I had any questions at the end. I had to interrupt her as she was saying "I'll be in touch" to mention that I had a few questions. I would never want to work for a company after an interview like that. The entire time I felt like my experiences and worth were being put down or were being questioned. What kind of recruiter puts a candidate down during an interview?! Candidates are way more than a resume. Do your job better.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current job? How did you manage to get hired as a manager without previous experience? What interests you about Conde Nast?   Answer Question

Editorial Interview

Interview

Spoke with HR on the phone. They asked me to come in the following week to meet with editors. They copied me on an email that no one responded to. Very shady.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Asked to complete a video questionnaire as to skill set and background at the request of a recruiter. Once I did the eight questions, I was rejected less than 5 minutes later. Guessing it is due to looks.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all about background.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Contacted via email and provided with a link to an app called 'take the interview', was given 48 hours to complete a video interview. I submitted the interview (written questions; 2-minute video response per question) The app was easy enough to use but I suggest using a laptop instead of a tablet or iPad. The response was less than appropriate, I heard back around 10 am the next morning with a snarky NO.

Interview Questions

• Q1 Describe your background -general resume overview   Answer Question
    • Q2 Why do you think you would do well as a sales assistant   Answer Question
    • Q3 When given a series of tasks how do you prioritize your workload (what are your best practices)   Answer Question
    • Q4 Favorite Conde Nast brand and why   Answer Question
    • Q5 Describe a time it was necessary to change or modify your actions in order to respond to the needs of another   Answer Question
    • Q6 Please describe a time you had to utilize your problem-solving skills in a difficult situation   Answer Question
    • Q7 What are your long term career goals   Answer Question

Interview

The interview process was brief then I came in like 23476 more times met with alot of higher ups that just asked me annonymous questions nothing to do with my experience.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied for the role and received word for initial phasing screen by HR. I was then chosen to come in for face to face interview with the team a week later. I met with three team members but was disappointed to hear that the role was already in hopes being given to someone who had the previously had the role. Definitely felt like my time was being wasted and that this was just a formality but that they already knew they wanted that candidate. Second interviewer was a bit brash and condescending. I never heard back from them which was also rude. Needless to say, the experience made me realize that this wasn't where I wanted to go next.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Condé Nast (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and scheduled a phone interview with a HR manager for the following week. Phone interview went great. HR Manager stated that there were several paths for advancement with Condé Nast. At the end of the phone interview, the onsite interview was scheduled for the following week with the position's supervisor. Interviewer came off rude and was not on the same page as the HR manager for several things (including advancement). Interviewer made the position seem like it was a tedious and demanding dead-end job.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was then reached out for a phone interview with the hiring manager. It was by far one of the worst phone interviews I have had in my career. I've never had someone so impersonal over the phone and right off the bat when I picked up the phone, there was no introduction and straight to the questions. The first "question" took me an awkward 3 seconds to figure out that she wanted me to start and explain my background to her. After that, she was shooting off questions and almost sounded "glad" when I wasn't able to answer a question better. I work in the field of INTERVIEWING and judge a lot by the interviewer and after that, I am GLAD I was passed over because that showed how bad/toxic the culture/environment must be.