Condé Nast Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Condé Nast Interview Questions

Updated Feb 9, 2017

2.6

Editorial Assistant Interview

Interview

The interview process was brief then I came in like 23476 more times met with alot of higher ups that just asked me annonymous questions nothing to do with my experience.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied for the role and received word for initial phasing screen by HR. I was then chosen to come in for face to face interview with the team a week later. I met with three team members but was disappointed to hear that the role was already in hopes being given to someone who had the previously had the role. Definitely felt like my time was being wasted and that this was just a formality but that they already knew they wanted that candidate. Second interviewer was a bit brash and condescending. I never heard back from them which was also rude. Needless to say, the experience made me realize that this wasn't where I wanted to go next.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Condé Nast (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and scheduled a phone interview with a HR manager for the following week. Phone interview went great. HR Manager stated that there were several paths for advancement with Condé Nast. At the end of the phone interview, the onsite interview was scheduled for the following week with the position's supervisor. Interviewer came off rude and was not on the same page as the HR manager for several things (including advancement). Interviewer made the position seem like it was a tedious and demanding dead-end job.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Initial technical screening over the phone. Mainly a review of your work history and some questions that tests your knowledge of programming fundamentals. This is followed by an onsite interview where you meet with several engineers over the course of about 4 hours, following a similar process - a discussion of your background and work history as well as technical exercises on a whiteboard

Interview Questions

• Given a set of specifications and requirements for a certain project, describe the architecture you would use to implement it and justify your decisions along the way   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Condé Nast (Austin, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I responded to posting on Austin Digital Jobs for Product Management position in the new Austin Office. The Director of Engineering in the Austin Office let me know my resume was then sent to the the New York office to schedule a 15 minute phone screen. The phone screen lasted 5 minutes and the recruiter said she was being pulled into a meeting and would reschedule. She never did. While on the call the recruiter interrupted frequently and didn't give the impression that she was even listening to what I was saying.

Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

submitted application online, followed up many times, phone interview with HR, another 2 months waiting and then finally a face to face with 2 top editors. one very friendly, the other very tough.
    it all came down to my writing samples and i think, to my flexibility with pay. they are very careful not to promise much. whole atmosphere very quiet and not forthcoming

Interview Questions

• can you handle digital editing   1 Answer

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY).

Interview

Fairly straightforward for an EA position. Met with editors and had an edit test. It was more a discussion of the position than anything else, but they do like to see you're culturally inclined at Conde Nast.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Interviewed directly with the editor. Straightforward, not much prep needed as long as you know your stuff, such as why this company and where you want to be in 5 years. Make sure you can answer things succinctly and that you know the brand well. For example, know writers and articles, and how the brand impacts your life.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY).

Interview

I obtained interview through a temp agency, for which I had worked several contract positions. The recruiter arranged initial interview with a senior marketing executive. Three interviews resulted.The first, was a very brief meet and greet with the exec at CN office; I was asked to come back for longer comprehensive interview In a second interview, I was briefed on a new administrative position in a experimental "think tank" department involved in social media/tech/app development. Also, was asked about my role at prior contract position. The exec mostly was tight lipped about giving any more info about the position and specifics of what was being developed in regards to the "think tank", it was all very mysterious. I actually learned more about the CN famed cafeteria; the diversity of cafeteria food selections, apparently is one of the perks.The third appointment, I met "think tank" team and interviewed with two senior tech developers. FYI, showed up at last interview soaking wet, and a half-hour late, due to torrential rain and subway shut-down. That was a deal breaker-LOL, but we graciously proceed with interview as a formality. Was not too disappointed, my gut impression of CN culture was later confirmed by a consoling friend and ex-CN associate. This friend worked at CN for years as creative editor under a big shot, mentioned that no one ever moves up, only move to different departments; recalled long hrs and low pay resulting in creative exploitation by bigger fish.

Interview Questions

• First interview was just quick face to face, In a second interview, I was briefed on a new administrative position in an experiment "think tank" department involved in social media/tech/app development. Also, was asked about my role at prior contract position. The exec mostly was tight lipped about giving any more info about the position and
      apparently is one of the perks.The third appointment, with "think tank" team members, was asked how I helped the team at my prior position. What achievements was I most proud of accomplishing in my last position? Also, Did I use social media, and my experience with it; Did I read any blogs, and which ones?; Lastly, what was my experience with technology/apps, and which did I use?
      Answer Question

Digital Sales Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Condé Nast.

Interview

In person interview with associate publisher and finance director. Pretty straight forward, we discussed my previous experience and what I was looking for in my next position. There was nothing technical that was discussed

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite part of you previous position? What was your least favorite? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question