Continental Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Continental (New York, NY).

Interview

the process was a good experience and there was a case interview face to face and a final presentation. the question was huge and the interviewee needed to define the scope.

Testing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Continental (Auburn Hills, MI).

Interview

Interviewed by a panel and the interview process toke about 45 minutes. Asked questions based on resume and some questions related to the job you apply for. Some basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your biggest accomplishments/achievements and why?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Continental.

Interview

The interview environment was nice, calm, and welcoming. I really enjoyed being able to meet the three ladies that interviewed me. They were open to questions and concerns. They were also able to answer the questions asked with honesty and in a professional manner. If you research the company before hand, it would be helpful (in my opinion).

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave the field you are in now?   1 Answer

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Continental (New York, NY).

Interview

The engineering manager asked the experiences I put on my resumes. Everything went pretty relaxed and smooth. HR called me few days later and did a phone interview asking my available start data and etc.

Interview Questions

• Q: Did you have the experience to act as a team member in a project? And how many people are in the team?   1 Answer

Hydraulic Brake Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Continental (Auburn Hills, MI).

Interview

HR contacted me thru my LinkedIn profile and I was asked to send my resume. Had 2 rounds of interview (first with my manager and second with reporting supervisor). Was offered the position a week after 2nd interview, which was followed by a HR conversation. Resume based questions followed by STAR - behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience working with FEA tools: Have you applied six Sigma tools on a project before and how?   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seguin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Continental (Seguin, TX).

Interview

The one thing I didn't like was that both the interviewers were texting on their phones during my interview. One even took a call. If an interviewee did that they would have been nixed at that moment. So I nixed them but went through the motions for practice.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Continental.

Interview

I was contacted by HR and had a brief phone conversation. Then they got me into contact with the engineering manager. I had a phone interview with him, and then he set me up with another phone interview with who would be my mentor. I got offered the position after these phone interviews and never had to do an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with LabVIEW?   1 Answer

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fletcher, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Continental (Fletcher, NC).

Interview

I applied then quite some time later (a month or so) received a call to come in for an interview. The initial interview was with an engineer and a supervisor for the maintenance dept. After the first sit-down, they then took me to see one of the lead technicians on the floor to have a chat, I suppose so they could get a feel for my technical competence. The next day I received a call from the engineer to have a one-on-one with the lead technician whose shift I would be potentially working on.

Interview Questions

• The standard cliché interview questions like "where do you see yourself in 5 years?", "why did you apply for this job?", "what do you know about our company?", "what are your interests?", and questions concerning my ability to work and communicate with a team. They also asked a few quasi-technical questions about my schooling and previous work.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The HR rep had been in fairly good contact with me via email, and sent an message saying they would like to extend an offer to me. Shortly thereafter, I received a PDF file attachment that outlined my pay and benefits.

There wasn't much in the way of negotiations, I assume because I have limited experience in the maintenance field and am at the beginning of my career.

PLT Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Continental (Fort Mill, SC) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was an intensive day long process in Fort Mill SC. Several assessments are completed to judge your ability to overcome objections. They also perform hair follicle screening upon offer of the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a you had to help a dissatisfied customer.   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sumter, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Continental (Sumter, SC) in August 2016.

Interview

About a month after applying online, I got a call for a phone interview. Following the phone interview I was invited for an on-site interview. The on-site interview included many behavior-based questions and a tour of the plant. At the end of the interview, I was told they would follow up in 2 weeks. It has been almost 2 months and I have not heard anything. I've even tried to reach out myself via phone and email and have not gotten a response. At this point I assume that means I will not be getting an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your educational and work background, why you're looking for a new job, etc.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when...   1 Answer