Continental Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Continental

2.8

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Continental (Chicago, IL) in February 2020.

Interview

I met some of the recruiters at the career fair, where they right away asked me technical questions. The following day, I received an email to set up a phone interview for the following week.
    They seem very passionate about their careers and organized. They asked mostly technical questions regarding embedded systems and past projects. Be sure to know basic C programming concepts and several microcontroller peripherals.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me the difference between pass by value and pass by reference.   1 Answer

ADAS Algorithm Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Continental (Auburn Hills, MI) in January 2020.

Interview

I applied online through LinkedIn and was contacted by HR a couple of weeks later. I had a one-on-one interview with one of the Software Engineers. Went over the resume and some of the projects.

Interview Questions

• Pascal's triangle and how you would create a function that outputted the element at a certain spot in the triangle.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sumter, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Continental (Sumter, SC) in January 2020.

Interview

Most dysfunctional interview process ever seen or heard of anywhere. Normal phone screen interview when called in for onsite interview though that was where it got goofy. At midnight the night before the interview was given instructions to create a presentation on a problem. Then when shown up for the interview there were multiple people there interviewing for the same position and put together in a closed room. Then was asked to do scrap analysis pivot table on a old laptop using excel 2003. I left and never heard back or asked for feedback. The interviewers were rude, condescending and never given a chance to ask a single question. I was told to stay by others who worked there and wish I heeded the advice.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Continental in December 2019.

Interview

Applied online, and interviewed at Continental. I was supposed to be meeting with 2 people but found out that one of them decided not to show up on the day of the interview.
    Other person seemed nice although unprepared as he said he did not have time to look at my resume. Interview went well in general, with a lot of behavioral questions as well as my background. What strikes me most that towards the end of the interview, he said I was a strong candidate but there was another candidate who had a master's degree so he hasn't made his decision yet. Not professional!! It has been 2 weeks since the interview, so I think he chose that person

Compensation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Continental (Fort Mill, SC) in November 2019.

Interview

Initial interview with HR screening - 2nd interview with Hiring Manager
    3rd Interview with Hiring Mgr + Director
    Excel Competency test
    4th/Final interview was on site with Senior Leaders.

All interviews included behavioral based questions regarding scenarios in my previous experience. Leaders were very good at explaining opportunities for development and culture. Whole process was roughly 1.5 months long (relatively quick from application to hire).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when....etc.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Continental.

Interview

Continental has a great hiring process. They communicated well with me and the hiring process was fast after interviewing. Interview was very straightforward and the questions asked were typical interview questions.

Purchasing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Continental in October 2019.

Interview

Phone interview and then video interview before offer was made. The phone interview was with one person, and then the video interview was with two people. Found it odd that one of the people that interviewed me was not part of my team or HR, just a third party.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when...., going over resume and how that experience relates to the position   Answer Question

Interview

interview with direct supervisor and manager in the 1st round. technical questions during the whole interview. after that , had some short discussion with HR about benefit and company policy

Anomynous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Continental.

Interview

The interview Process was composed of three interviews(phone and face-to-face): one with Talent Acquisition, one with Supervisor, one with VP + HR. STAR approach used during interview 2 and 3.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Continental.

Interview

First interview was with a few team members online typing C code into an online compiler. They had me debug code that wasn't working and write code to solve a programming problem. Team members friendly and helpful. It was almost like a collaborative experience.

Second interview was on-site and I came into and talked to maybe 5 - 6 team members include project managers. They mainly asked about my experience and how I would deal with different situations. Again, everyone was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where you are given a problem to work on but there is no on who can help you?   1 Answer