Continental Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Continental Interview Questions

Updated Dec 11, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Continental.

Interview

Fairly technical. 4 hour interview. Know basics of semiconductor and how they behave. They asked about the senior year design project at school. They also give you few tricky circuit questions.
    Also about situational type questions.
    Be prepare to give answers on microelectronics .
    Pretty comfortable and nice company.

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deer Park, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Continental (Deer Park, IL).

Interview

This was the worst interview experience I have ever had in my entire career. They clearly have absolutely no respect for applicants or their time. Furthermore, HR should consider company-wide training for gender discrimination.

I got HR phone screen by recommendation of a colleague fairly quickly. HR was very helpful & I got put through to 1st on-site interview within 2 wks.

The following wk (before on-site), I got an unexpected call from a different HR person to schedule an interview for a position for which I didn’t apply in a division I explicitly didn’t want to be part of as I heard bad things from all my colleagues. It turned out the 1st HR person submitted me for a role without my consent. I took the phone interview, it’s my policy to never turn down an interview opportunity. During this call, 2 people were on speakerphone at the same time. 1 who spoke too softly was far away from the mic, I struggled to hear anything she said & had to keep asking her to repeat herself. The other interviewer spoke extremely loud & was sitting right next to the mic so it would hurt my ears every time he spoke as I had the volume on my headset all the way up to hear other person. One of the interviewers was extremely terse, aggressive, & flat out rude. After only a few min of background questions, he directly asked me what salary I made at my previous role. Normally when you have a discussion like this with an HR rep it is very polite & you can have some back & forth where you politely deflect or ask them what their target range is. I tried this tactic which I have successfully used numerous times previously, & the interviewer actually said "No, absolutely not, I'm not answering you. You need to tell me what you made in your previous job or we are not continuing this conversation". He basically freely admitted that he is happy to discriminate against women who may have been underpaid at a previous role & are trying to achieve equal pay for equal work at a new company. He had no interest in even considering paying you more than what you had made at your last job. So if you're a man who was already fairly paid, you're ok but if you're a woman seeking fair pay you can screw off. Needless to say, after such a poor experience I had no interest in continuing the interview process with this team.

The on-site interview for the position I had actually applied for didn’t go much more smoothly. The 1st interviewer was 20 min late, he thought an HR rep was going to pick me up from the lobby when he was supposed to come get me. Then all the sessions following the 1st were rushed & ran over time due to the late start. The 1st interviewer was respectful, he spoke to me as a peer & we had a good technical conversation about the product. The 2nd interviewer mansplained to me where the tailpipe & where the engine are located on a car. He actually flipped my resume over & started drawing a helpful diagram. I was flabbergasted at how ridiculous that situation was but politely thanked him for that info & explained what I already knew about the product in order to continue the conversation. The next 2 interviewers were together for the last interview. After asking me to talk more about myself & my hobbies 1 of them actually asked me if I did my primary car related hobby just to be able to boss my husband around, then both laughed. Rather than outwardly being angry, I awkwardly laughed, said of course not, & changed the subject. Despite all this nonsense, they indicated that the interviews had gone very well & would call me back within 2 wks. It was an interesting product with a challenging role so I didn't reject it outright despite negative experiences so far. Women in engineering have to deal with this kind of BS no matter where we work.

I heard nothing for 2 wks, after 3 wks I politely reached out; no reply. 5 wks later, I got a call asking me to come in for the 2nd on-site interview. I scheduled promptly & went back. That interview again went well, it was down to me & 1 other candidate & I was assured that again, they would reply within 2 wks. This time 8 whole wks went by without anyone responding to polite inquiry, & I got a call from an HR person asking me to set up an interview for yet another position that I had not applied for! After asking questions about what was going on & what happened to the role I interviewed for they said whoops, sorry for the miscommunication, that was given to an internal transfer. They were never planning on getting back to me. Not only that, but they asked me to drive all the way to the office for just a 30 min initial interview with the manager for this new role. So they wanted me to take off an entire day to drive to their office, take the meeting (which would prob be 15-30 min late as all prior meetings were), & drive home, instead of just doing this over the phone as is customary. It's obvious to me this company has no interest in being respectful of people's time.

Interview Questions

• Do you do your primary hobby just so that you can boss your husband around?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Continental.

Interview

I was welcomed and in the office of the interviewer. Interviewer was a highly experienced professional working with Continental for 23 years. My interview consisted of technical as well as behavioural questions.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Continental (Chicago, IL).

Interview

the hiring process seemed to take a long time. I can only imagine that many candidates were being interviewed which led to this result. I did get hired so I suppose it paid off.

Interview Questions

• Where I see myself in 5-10 years. It is a generic question, and one that can never be answered truthfully. Industry as a whole is difficult to predict with all the rapid advances in technology. So I gave the yearbook answer and left it at that.   Answer Question

Vehicle Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Continental in June 2017.

Interview

They said you are selected. Then, I got the e-mail at last time we are choosing another candidate.They said you are selected. Then, I got the e-mail at last time we are choosing another candidate.

Design Mechatronic Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Continental in June 2017.

Interview

I applied by indeed.com next day, they called me and made the interview.
    Was with 3 young engineerings, so they asked me about Engineering questions not STAR questions like usual.
    Very quick interview ~ 20 min. Only two guys asked me.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Continental.

Interview

Had an onsite technical interview. They went over the past project experiences and the challenges faced in previous jobs. They also ask what kind of role I was looking for?

Interview Questions

• Have you used any other programming language other than C?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Continental (Newport News, VA).

Interview

Quick process, took less than an hour. Met with one HR Rep and one of the engineers I would be under. Asked the typical questions about my education and my knowledge about the work they were doing. If I knew any employee's etc.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Vernon, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Continental (Mount Vernon, IL).

Interview

Interviewing comittee was kind, it was a group presentation followed by a plant tour and personal interviews. I was interviewed by 4 people in 2 sessions. Second session was harder although the questions where almost the same, one of the interviewers was a bit intimidating.

Interview Questions

• whay we shoyld choose you over the other candidates?   Answer Question
    • If I review you resume tomorrow how do you think I will remember you?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Continental.

Interview

If they like your resume and get a call, you are hired. There was no interview. I received a call being asked if I was interested with the job and ok with the pay. Once I replied Yes, They asked when will I be available to work and went on from there.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in the job with the pay we offered you?   Answer Question