Corporate Brokers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Corporate Brokers Interview Questions

Updated May 5, 2018

2.9

Internal Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Corporate Brokers.

Interview

Several one on one interviews, a panel interview, and a presentation. They describe this as 4 stages, but the fourth is really just an offer, or no offer. You may also be taken out to lunch to see how you get along with other members of the team.

Interview Questions

• If a former supervisor had to say something negative about you what would they say? List 3 things.   Answer Question

Financial Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Corporate Brokers (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

The interview process involved initial phone interview. Then onsite interview took place on consultant's site. Involved explaining prior experience and how it would compliment the current project's needs. Explaining problem solving skills as we.

Interview Questions

• Had to explain prior financial data analyst experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Corporate Brokers (Florham Park, NJ) in October 2012.

Interview

There are 4 rounds:
    1. Meet and greet us and learn about who we are.
    2. More in depth on your background.
    3. Shadow some of the recruiters and get a sense of if you think this is right.
    4. Presentation. How well you communicate and if you truly understand the 10 Core Values.

Interview Questions

• There are a plethora of questions to make sure that you are the right fit. Simply take a good amount of time learning the 10 Corporate Brokers Core Values and truly understand what they mean.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation phase variable. Based on prior experience. For Sourcers there is generally one specific option. No need to negotiate, within 3 yrs you can be over 100k. Not easy work though.

Sourcer Interview

Interview

We all go through a four interview process. this in depth interview process is to make sure that every employee knows and fits the culture of the company.

Interview Questions

• The questions and interview process is to make sure that you as a person are a fit for this company whether it is internally or as a consultant.   Answer Question

Sourcer Interview

Interview

The interview process has 4 stages- an informational interview, behavioral interview, skills interview, expectations interview. The Interviewers are very friendly and straight-forward about the process and are happy to answer any questions you may have.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Corporate Brokers.

Interview

The interview process was four parts. You're asked if you want to invite yourself back to the next round which threw me off but I continued. It's fairly conversational and is four rounds. The first one, the person interviewing will do most of the talking, they'll tell you about the company a bunch. Round two is going over your recent past few days and they do some personality/behavioral assessments about strengths, weaknesses, tough situations you have been in, what other people would say about you, fairly standard and conversational, they will also role play a call with you. Third, you do presentation on two topics they provide and shadow in the pit and meet with the rest of the team of recruiters and see what it is really like to be a recruiter and get to listen in on them making calls and meet with the BDEs, they go over expectations about what day to day is really like. Fourth, an offer is presented.

Interview Questions

Corporate Brokers Response

Mar 20, 2017 – HR Operations Manager

We're so glad you had a positive interview experience and accepted an offer as a recruiter! We do our best to provide candidates with a diligent interview process to ensure that you and CB are the... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Corporate Brokers (Tampa, FL).

Interview

When I arrived for the interview I met with the recruiter I was in contact with because the other guy was running late. Two other recruiters joined in the interview, but it was clear it wasn't planned. Then the person who was supposed to be interviewing me showed up towards the end and apologized for being late. Long story short, turns out that they were all hungover. In the end, they told me to email them if I was interested and that they would reply back. I never received a response and so I called the guy I was in contact with and left a voicemail. I received no reply. Overall, the whole thing was very unprofessional and I am glad I never got a reply back.

Interview Questions

Corporate Brokers Response

Mar 30, 2017 – HR Operations Manager

We sincerely apologize for your experience during the interview process. Our interview process is very in depth and we like to involve several team members so everyone can get to know candidates... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Corporate Brokers (Florham Park, NJ) in June 2014.

Interview

Received a call from the company's internal recruiting manager. She was very nice and after a 30 phone screen, an informational interview was scheduled with one of the co-founders, who is also the COO. Afterwards, a behavioral interview was to be scheduled followed by a situational interview where you go out into the office and listen in on various people's phone calls.

Interview Questions

• As this was an informational interview, there were few questions asked by the COO. When I asked the COO to explain the commission split between the company and the recruiter who places a candidate, he was hesitant to go into specifics saying it varies contract by contract that you secure. Seemed fishy that he wouldn't be upfront about that as it's not unusual for a sales person to want to know what's a realistic estimate of their commissions.

My issue was that at the lower level, all of the "recruiters" aka salesmen, are working on clients' accounts with whom no exclusive deal exists. So, while you're trying to find the best people, so too are other recruiting agencies, and you won't get paid for all of the sourcing you did for that account. Base pay of 30K is reasonable for entry level sales, but when he told me about the hours being 7-7, I decided it wasn't for me. In my follow up email, I thanked him for his time but declined to come in for a second interview.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Corporate Brokers.

Interview

Networked a meeting with one of the founders. Talked and met over several months. They were very open and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult conversation or experience I had with a business partner; how did I handle it and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Corporate Brokers.

Interview

Brief, they were hiring a class of people, so it was not a deep interview process.
    As long as you didn't say anything dumb, you were pretty much hired. The actual job environment was harsh and do the weeding out process, instead of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any red flags if we were to do a background check
      No DUI's?   Answer Question