Coty Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.7

Retail Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Coty (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

I was promoted from within. I went online to the Coty website and then contacted my current manager to advise of my interest in the elevated position. I then asked my current manager for her support during the process. I was then connected to the hiring manager in the new division for an interview.

Intern Interview

Interview

I had submitted my resume to someone in the department which I wanted to intern. About a couple weeks after, I was contacted by someone in HR to set up an interview that took place the next week.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions. My strengths, my accomplishments, and why I would want to work there... Etc.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Coty (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted through a recruiter about the role initially. After submitting my resume, I heard back within a week. I interviewed with three people from the team, each on different days over about 2 and a half weeks. I received an offer shortly after my last interview. From start to finish, the process was a little under a month.

Interview Questions

• Would you consider yourself more creative or analytical?   Answer Question

General Production Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

It was very brief and extremely hot in the building. You have to be checked in and going out the building by the security guard. The staff is very friendly.

Skin Care Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Coty (New York, NY).

Interview

I was referred by a co-worker to apply. The Account Executive was nice straight forward as to what was expected for the job, the availability and sent paper work to fill out so start the hiring job.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coty.

Interview

After completing a quick account on their website, the status immediately showed "Automatic Disqualified (ext)". My guess? They don't take external applications? Begs to ask why even bother taking applications online?

At least I get a computerized rejection e-mail halfway through the day.

Their profile seemed friendly enough. Oh well.

Intern-Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sanford, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Coty (Sanford, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward and I didnt not feel pressured to answer a certain way. I wanted to work there right after I left the facility. It was a nice facility and was in great condition. everyone was nice and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you faced diversity   1 Answer

Quality Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Coty in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from Kelly Services, on the phone she asked me about my experience at my other jobs, etc ( for maybe 5 minutes). After that she told me she would send my resume to the hiring manager at coty and if they were interested she would called back. She contacted me 3 days after the day she said she would, which was a total of 5days after we spoke on the phone.
    When she contacted me and spoke to me a little bit about the job, making sure I was still interested, I got an email the next day from a kelly services worker that worked at coty. An interview was scheduled during the emails sent back and worth.

I arrived at Coty 20 minutes early, and was in the building 10 minutes early. I was told to wait in the break area in which all I heard were current employees complain about how people made different wages doing the same job and that it was very unfair. I was called back about 10 minutes after the scheduled time, where the kelly service worker walked me to the hiring manager to have the interview. It should be noted that I did not have experience for the job I was interviewing for besides some "here and there" experience at my previous jobs. Kelly services knew this, and it ended up with me being told I was not qualified enough and did not have enough experience for the position.

Although the lady was extremely nice and gentle about it, I do believe my time should have not been wasted to begin with. From my resume it was obvious I did not have solid experience in the position I was there for. I was told that after getting some experience, and furthering my knowledge on the subject ( I'm currently taking online courses in the field ) that I would have a better chance of getting the job. I told her I understand, and I did, quality auditing is a very complex field and although the job isn't actually "hard" ( rather easily actually ) you still have to be aware of all the procedures, development of quality standards, how to implement them, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous jobs and what you done there that is relevant to the position being applied for.   Answer Question
    • I was asked what happened with each job on my resume ( why I was no longer there )   Answer Question
    • I was not asked about anything other than previous experience. I put in a alot of effort to prepare for this interview ( researching the company, memorizing their values, motto,etc ) As well as memorizing my own answers to questions such as "why do you want to work here?" "Why should we hire you" etc.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coty (New York, NY).

Interview

Fairly straightforward but it seemed like the interviewers were unprepared. There was an obvious scramble to find people available to interview me, which seems odd. I would have thought there would have been an agenda already established. Everyone seemed nice but it was clear the entire process was given little thought.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coty (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

First had a screening phone call with HR manager. Was asked questions about experience and to share salary requirements. Was brought in for two in person interviews with Sr Director Marketing and SVP. Was asked typical interview questions: 3 strengths, 3 weaknesses, why interested, why want to leave current job, what will I contribute.