Cravath Swaine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Cravath Swaine

3.1

Associate Lawyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cravath Swaine (New York, NY).

Interview

I was invited to meet one of the partners at the main office of the law firm in New York City. We discussed for approximately thirty minutes about my background and my areas of specialization.

Interview Questions

• What are your areas of specialization?   1 Answer

Legal Assistant Interview

Interview

Four parts: the first with the HR Recruiter, the second with the relevant legal assistant manager, the third with a current legal assistant, and the last with a current paralegal.

Litigation Legal Assistant Interview

Interview

Positive experience. Folks were very friendly and seemed most interested in team oriented experiences, previous roles, and willingness to work in an intense/long hours environment. Spoke to three different folks and took a brief proofreading test beforehand. Not super intensive and really seems geared toward identifying your ability to pay attention to detail and pick out glaring errors.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked on a team and how you mitigated conflict?   Answer Question

Corporate Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cravath Swaine (New York, NY) in March 2020.

Interview

Phone call with HR and in person interview. Proofreading test and interviews with head of corporate legal assistants and two paralegals. Each interview was 30 minutes. Had to email them to ask about the hiring process and was then told I didn't get it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you overcame an obstacle while working with a group. What is one non-professional accomplishment you are proud of?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cravath Swaine (New York, NY) in February 2020.

Interview

Easy interviews, definitely trying to scare you/psych you out in terms of working long hours. Everyone was really nice and straightforward. However, they seem to definitely be looking for people with some kind of legal internship/professional experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cravath Swaine (New York, NY) in January 2020.

Interview

The process took approximately 4 weeks for me. I sent a resume in and then got called to do a short phone interview. After that, I did a longer phone interview where they asked me some behavioral questions. I flew into New York for four in person interviews after. Overall, I had a great experience with the process even though I didn't get the job.

Senior Business Intelligence Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cravath Swaine (New York, NY) in December 2019.

Interview

It was ok, not too much related to the ETL but reporting tools and experience is more required. difficulty: average, no tricky questions, asked about the salary expectation, if you looking for a place good for your technical growth. it might not be a good fit.

Litigation Database Specialist Interview

Interview

The usual - had to fill out some forms, spoke with two people, and was asked "normal" interview questions. The entire process lasted about one hour before being completed.

Litigation Legal Assistant Interview

Interview

I had five interviews, all of which were very cordial. The interviews started with a phone screening, which then led to going into the office for the longer, in-person interviews

Interview Questions

• The job requires a lot of overtime, are you willing to do that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cravath Swaine (New York, NY) in March 2019.

Interview

Had initial screening phone call in the middle of February, interviewed in march and was emailed about results almost 2 weeks after interview. Interviewed for 4 hours with 6 different people but each experience will be different depending on availability of litigation team. What I do wish they did differently was tell me earlier that they did not want to hire instead of making me wait 2 weeks to hear back from anyone. The initial wait time was one week maximum to hear results.

Interview Questions

• Typical question: How does your skill set transfer over to this position?   Answer Question