Cravath Swaine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Cravath Swaine

3.1

Corporate Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cravath Swaine (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Very casual and relaxed. Just want to see if you can hold a conversation and know the basic ins and outs of a big law firm. Met with the head of HR and my future boss. Both asked me questions about stuff they found interesting on my resume and just had a normal 1 on 1 friendly conversation.

Corporate Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cravath Swaine (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Got an interview through a college job fair, so they were interviewing multiple candidates at the fair on the same day. Had to apply beforehand to get an interview by submitting a cover letter and resume. They then offered a time slot to be interviewed at the fair.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to multitask and handle details? Can you work long hours and stay focused? Can you stay focused on repetitive or monotonous tasks? Pretty basic paralegal type questions.   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cravath Swaine (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Brief 15 minute phone call followed up with an on-cite interview. I had an excellent time speaking with all the employees with whom I had the pleasure of speaking, and the process seemed designed to access one's fit in the firm.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cravath Swaine (New York, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

Inquisitive associates who were looking to you to be the person who can take charge and deliver high quality work.

Interview Questions

• Describe your greater strength and your weakeness.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Well, they told you what they were willing to give and you had a take or leave it opportunity.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cravath Swaine (New York, NY).

Interview

Came in as a lateral hire upon a former partner's recommendation so interview process was very relaxed and different from traditional recruitment process. Interview was with two recruitment partners - very conversational and fit-based. Offer made on the spot with emailed offer letter the following day.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cravath Swaine (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

The interview process is grueling. You meet with various (3-5) partners during the day for up to hour or so each, with some associates sprinkled in for filler. You don't know in advance who you are meeting with so you cannot prepare for the specific partner. It is an exhausting day, but you will find out at the conclusion of the day whether you have received an offer for a summer job, which is pretty worth it.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in litigation? What is your approach to writing and research?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cravath Swaine (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

Initial interview were with of counsel attorneys. They asked general questions regarding knowledge of privilege. Then, met with senior associate and then junior associate. Both seemed concerned in prior employment and accomplishments.

Interview Questions

• Why were you leaving and what do you know about us?   1 Answer

Associate Attorney Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cravath Swaine.

Interview

The interview process is very friendly and cordial. Introduced to values of the firm. Trulyna unique place to practice law. Interested in training attorneys and hardly hiring any laterals. Eye opening experience all around.

Attorney, 1st-Year Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cravath Swaine (New York, NY) in February 2009.

Interview

tough full day interviews

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cravath Swaine (New City, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

Interviewed over 4 times - People seemed nice and the environment was sterile but impressive. A lot of technical and situational questions. They had some skill in interviewing and were looking for a specific "type" of person for the role. HR was very cordial and professional. The department staff were autocratic and stoic.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle situations when a coworker asks you to comprimise your integrity?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was promised several things that were never delivered. All of which was blamed on external economic factors. Advice... get it in writing!