Credera Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Credera Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2017

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Credera (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

In my particular case, the interview process felt much more like an extended four month conversation rather than what you might think of as a conventional interview process. I (and I believe Credera interviewers as well) approached the process with an open mind and with every meeting earnestly sought to ensure that the job role they were recruiting me for was something I could be successful in. I asked to meet with key leaders in the company to find out deeper information on topics that I was curious about or otherwise felt were important to me. I asked lots of questions which were met accommodatingly at every level in the organization. I have every reason to believe that this was well received. My advice to any future candidates is to decide what is important to you in a work experience and seek to ensure that the fit is mutual for both you and Credera. Starting a job with nothing 'hidden' and no surprises is the only way to start! I ultimately found out that what I believed to be true about the company was validated in my conversations on multiple levels. In the process, Credera got a chance to evaluate me very transparently. It was evidently a match and I'm at the office for my first day today!

Interview Questions

• Describe your past experience managing a consulting practice.   Answer Question
    • When was the last time you were 'hands-on'.   Answer Question
    • Tell me what motivated your decision to do [substitute education / job role / resume element here]   Answer Question

Mar 7, 2017

Thank you for your feedback and insight! We are happy to hear you enjoyed and appreciated the interview process. As you pointed out, our goal is to get to know the person and the professional while... More

Senior Architect Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Credera.

Interview

Credera admitted up front that their interview process was lengthy and sometimes onerous. It was, though it was partly my fault, as I was traveling for a client and not available for a portion of the time. I met with several folks at the local office and a handful of folks at the corporate office, initially over the phone and then in person. Credera was very careful to ensure that the match was right for both parties, which was appreciated and indicative of their focus on internal culture. There was a technical case study that I presented to senior practice leadership, but beyond that, given the level at which I was interviewing, not much technical interviewing minutiae.

Interview Questions

• They asked to prepare a presentation of a case study on a fictitious client scenario. Fun stuff!   Answer Question

Sep 12, 2017

Thank you for providing your feedback on our interview process. We are glad to hear that while very thorough, you found our process purposeful and had some fun along the way. We wish you many years... More

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Credera (Addison, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process with Credera went smoothly and was more like a conversation rather than an interview, which I really enjoyed. The first step in the process was a phone screen, then I had 3 separate interviews. I first met with the marketing managers, then a managing director and the CEO. As I mentioned, each meeting was very conversational. They each took the time to get to know me personally to see if I was a good culture fit, as well as asked engaging questions to see if I had the correct set of skills for the role. Overall a great process and the team was very professional!

Interview Questions

Credera Response

Jun 13, 2017

Thank you for providing your feedback. We are glad to hear that you had a great experience, and are delighted that you decided to join our firm!

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Credera (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was quick and straight-forward. The Recruiter gave enough overview that allowed me to adequately prepare for the interviews. Two rounds (separate days), four interviewers.

Day 1: Manager & Architect w/ Microsoft Practice
    -Background/Resume review (conversational)
    -Technical questions (White-board - Logic problems & SQL problems)

Day 2: President & Microsoft Practice Leader
    -Background/Resume review (conversational)
    -Culture fit
    -Learned a lot about company, different practices, and expectations should I receive an offer

Interview Questions

• If Table A had child records (Table B), write a query to find all orphan records in Table B (assuming no FK constraint was setup).

1st Follow-up - Elaborate on the JOIN that was used
      2nd Follow-up - What other kinds of JOINs are used in SQL and when are they necessary?   Answer Question

Jun 9, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you felt informed and learned about Credera along the way. Congratulations and we wish you ongoing success with us!

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Credera.

Interview

After an initial screen, I was able to sit down at a local café with the leader of the practice I was interviewing for. This gave me a great opportunity for us to get to know each other in a relaxed environment and for me to learn about the company and what it’s like to work there. That conversation was followed by an on-site technical and then a cultural interview.

I never felt like a number during the process – I had a consistent primary contact at Credera and she did a great job of regularly touching base and guiding me through the next steps.

I was most impressed by how unfailingly positive and supportive every single employee I met was during our conversations and interviews. There was absolutely no antagonism or distrust and that gave me the space to relax and focus on conveying my experience and expertise. I was surprised to find that I genuinely liked everyone I talked to, not just a few of them. It made me really look forward to the possibility of joining the company.

Interview Questions

• I was given a time-limited programming challenge (in the programming language of my choice) that seemed designed to understand how I approached the task rather than an attempt to stump me. The first part of the challenge was done on my own at home and the second part built on the first and was part of an in person interview.   1 Answer

Mar 29, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback! We are delighted to hear that you felt informed throughout the process and were provided a glimpse of what it is like to work here... More

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Credera (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process included an assessment, case study, mock client meeting, and some behavioral interviews. They were all great experiences and it was neat to meet different levels of people within the company. The final interview was with the president who was very transparent and humble!

Interview Questions

Credera Response

Apr 27, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback to us! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your interactions with people at all levels of our company. Congratulations on joining our firm... More

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

Interview

The interview process required meeting with multiple employees including members of the marketing team and the CEO of the company. Once I had met with all required parties, I was then emailed an offer. The entire process took approx. 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

Credera Response

Sep 18, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to interview with us, and provide your feedback. We wish you the best in your job search and career.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Credera (New York, NY).

Interview

Was contacted by the talent acquisition manager. She said the process would take a few months. Initial conversation would be with her and then a vetting conversation with a partner. Once those were complete, real interview process would start

Interview Questions

• Usual questions - asked about experience, how heard about Credera. More conversational than interview   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Credera (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I had two phone interviews with the recruiters to discuss my background and showcase my portfolio. I then went for two meet-ups with a few managers in the UX practice and was given a design challenge shortly after. I had a final on-site interview where I presented my work from the design challenge and met the team. This process wasn't easy and took about three months. Credera really values bringing in genuine and talented people to the team, and it's clearly seen in the interview process as they require several interview rounds to determine potential and culture fit.

Interview Questions

• If Walmart was your client in need of improving its sales, what department would you focus in on first and why?   Answer Question

Apr 3, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on our process. We are delighted that you decided to join Credera and we look forward to working on great things with you!

Mobile Developer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Credera in December 2016.

Interview

Pretty mediocre experience. After the phone screening I was told to make a mobile/web app, after which I was told the principal SE wanted to have a meeting with me. We met for coffee and discussed life, dev, Credera, etc. After that, the recruiter at Credera wanted me speak with a SE on the team over the phone, which seemed a bit backwards but I said sure. However, she did not confirm a time with me before telling the SE and I get a missed called and I was left having to explain what happened and try to reschedule. After the phone interview I did not hear anything for 10 days. So I reached back out and asked for feedback, I was then told that recruiter was no longer employed at Credera and her manager would get feedback for me. Again, I reach out after 3 days and am told the position is now filled.

Interview Questions

Credera Response

Feb 2, 2017

Thank you for your feedback and for taking time out of your schedule to share your experience. Our goal is to create a relationship with each person we interview and the candidate experience is... More