Cunningham Agency Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cunningham Agency Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2017

2.2

Application

I interviewed at Cunningham Agency in August 2017.

Interview

No interview! I walked out... Company and agency was a joke! They lied to me about job description and company's name on phone and email. Drove done for interview and turns out to be an insurance sales position. This is very unprofessional.. you don't have to fool people to hire them. Stay clear away!!!!

Benefits Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cunningham Agency (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2017.

Interview

Very detailed and unique. I felt welcomed from the moment I walked through the door. It was overwhelming with info but made eager to start when I left the interview. I hope to get the job!

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cunningham Agency (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online, within 2 days I received an email asking to come in on Wednesday or Thursday of this week and that they would email me the address in response. I emailed back for Wednesday and they never emailed me back for the address. Seems pretty rude to offer an interview and then not follow through.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cunningham Agency in July 2015.

Interview

They do not meet with you individually for an interview. Their goal is to bring as many people in as possible to make up for the high turn over rate since most people do not stay long.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They asked me what the minimum was that I needed to make to pay my bills. Said there was a 90 day guarantee but failed to mention that was after you go through the 2 weeks of training. You basically make nothing the first two weeks.

Benefit Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cunningham Agency (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2014.

Interview

I received an email from the recruiter asking me to call for an interview time. I was skeptical as I hadn't applied for the job and I didn't know what position they were hiring for (email contained very little information). I emailed back and asked for further information before committing to an interview and received an email back saying that would be discussed at the interview (again, skeptical), I wrote back with my availability and showed up. Upon arrival I was handed a questionnaire and excorted to a conference room with four or five other applicants. We were called out of the room one by one and taken to smaller offices where we spent 5-10 minutes answer questions about our resumes. I was then invited (let's use that term loosely) to attend an hour long presentation on the company. I had the time so I sat through the presentation about who they were, their history, their sales approach and their compensation schedule. Afterwards we (about 15 people) were asked to turn in a survey that had questions about what type of person we are (team oriented or lone wolf, organized or sporadic, etc) and whether we'd be interested in a third (??) interview. This was the first interview so I was confused as to why they referred to it as the "third" interview. They also asked that we email them with a short response as to why we would be better suited for the job than someone else. I wrote back while still sitting in my car (more out of curiosity than anything) and received a call for another interview the same day (within three hours of leaving). Per the conversation on the phone, this interview will be one-on-one with the owner and can last up to an hour. I have quite a few questions as they make this opportunity seem "too good to be true" and I'm trying to figure out what the catch is. Overall, everyone was pleasant it was very low pressure. If you need to practice dressing up for an interview and shaking hands, go ahead, but don't expect it to be more than that.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions, I was surprised to see all of the personality type questions.   Answer Question

Benefits Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cunningham Agency.

Interview

The initial interview process was a joke. I came in and met with someone who gave me very little information, and I didn't even know their job title. He asked some behavioral questions (basically to make sure I'm not insane). After that, I immediately moved on to "part 2" of the interview process. I was escorted to a large room with about 50 seats. I was the first one there and had to wait for over an hour. While I waited, I filled out a personality assessment with very simple lifestyle questions. During my hour long wait, dub-step dance music was playing. After my wait, Cunningham and Weatherspoon came out to do a presentation on their company. They make it sound like your job will be very easy/simple and that you'll make six figures in the first year. If it was really that easy, more educated people would be vying for these spots. The majority of the other people in the "audience" looked unprofessional. In my opinion, a company should ask the interviewee to sell themselves. If you have to sell your company to the candidates, it's probably not a worthwhile company. If you have good education and experience, don't waste your time interviewing.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked any worthwhile questions. The only question I had trouble with was "Would you like us to contact you about the position to move on to the next interview, yes or no. If no, why not." The only reason I had trouble with it was because there wasn't enough room to write all the reasons I didn't want to come back for another interview.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Orange, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cunningham Agency (West Orange, NJ) in February 2014.

Interview

From the moment the speaker Began i knew it was a scam. It the same pyramid scheme that other legal but crooked companies try to get the working man with

Benefit Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cunningham Agency in May 2013.

Interview

The first interview was extremely long. You meet with the director then after a brief chat where you are asked behavioral questions, they have all the candidates sit down for a presentation of the company and the position itself. While you are there you are also asked to fill out a behavior assessment quiz.

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cunningham Agency (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2013.

Interview

was different and exciting

Interview Questions

• what am i looking to avoid in a career never really thought about   Answer Question

Servicing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cunningham Agency (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very open but still one-on-one and it was also quick and easy. I sat with a manager who asked questions not only about to the job but also my values as a person. The interview process is three steps and on the first day they tackle the first two. They do a wonderful job to keep the job description as real as possible but also emphasize the ability to grow within the agency. On the third interview I was just asked any questions about the job since I had time to think on it and even how my friends and family felt about it. It was a wonderful change of pace than typical job interviews I been to.

Interview Questions

• There really weren't difficult questions I was presented with. They were about my values which I feel strongly about and my job experience. I just answered honestly.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered the wonderful opportunity and I accepted.