DB&A Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DB&A Interview Questions

Updated Dec 4, 2016

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DB&A (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Basic interview over the phone and then the second interview in person was at the airport lounge. By the 2nd interview they really wanted to know what questions I had and did not have many for me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Gave me the offer and had to answer within two days.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DB&A (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Quick process. A few phone call interviews and then an in person interview. No pressure with the recruiters I talked to. Interviewed by recruiters, current project manager, and head of HR. They got back to me quickly and it wasn't a long drawn out process. Definitely a nice change from most companies.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DB&A (Dallas, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

There are 3 initial phone interviews and then a face to face. I was referred by an employee who just went through the interview process. The interview was simple enough and I received an offer. They seem to have a great pay scale and great room for advancement if you don't mind to travel. I would love to work with them they have an atmosphere geared towards career development. Not everyone can take all the travel, but if you can stick it out for a couple years and see the country you should see the benefits.

Interview Questions

• Are you capable of handling face to face interviews with clients which may be difficult in nature?   Answer Question

I accepted another offer with a different person.

Director of Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Interview

Completed multiple interviews, including an interview with CEO...After waiting two weeks for a final decision, made contact with the recruiter who stated that the VP was suppose to call with feedback that another candidate was selected. Certainly, I have no problem with the decision, if there was a more suitable candidate. However, the lack of follow-thru and the lack of professionalism was a bit shocking for a company that is a management consulting firm. Thank goodness, I was not selected, because this experience told me a great deal about the company as a whole.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to manage a low performing employee.   Answer Question

DB&A Response

Apr 15, 2016 – Employee Relations

We are sorry you did not receive a follow-up call in a timely manner. Our normal process is to notify candidates promptly when a decision has been made not to move forward. If you have any questions ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DB&A (Lancaster, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through email. Shortly after we schedule a short phone interview to go over my background, a phone interview with a manger was set up within the following week. A in person interview was set up two weeks after the first phone interview with the same manager.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DB&A (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a very lengthy process. The recruiter called me, then the HR Manager, then a Phone interview with a current Project Manager, then a sit down interview with a Special Projects Coordinator.

The recruiter called me about a year before the interview, and the money was not right for the amount of travel. She kept my information and after salary restructure she gave me a call to set up the interview.

The HR Manager called and did a phone screen to move me on to the next step.

On the phone interview, the Project Manager was almost trying to talk me out of moving forward with the process because it is a very difficult job and there is 100% travel involved.

The 1 on 1 with the special projects coordinator was very easy. Since we weren't close to an office, he had me meet him at a starbucks, which was very distracting. He was dressed in business casual, which made me feel kind of put off because I was in a suit in the Texas heat.

I got a call a week later from the HR Manager requesting some information and I took some assessments. The orientation class started almost 2 months later.

Interview Questions

• Greatest strength, greatest weakness sort of stuff.
      How do you approach a difficult employee?
      1 Answer

Senior Market Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DB&A.

Interview

Multiple phone and face to face interviews. Hair drug test and background checks before interviews. Also a sit down along side a current Market Analyst. Nothing about the interview will raise a red flag till your first week. The tools given are useless.

Interview Questions

• They will hire just about anyone as long as you have a call center experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at DB&A (Newark, NJ) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was smooth and very efficient. Communication was great and it started with 2 phone interviews and led to a face to face in a high rise office building, very classy. Straight forward and honest answers from the recruiter. No hidden expectations. All that was said during my interview was truthful and came to fruition in my first 45 days on-boarding.

Interview Questions

• How do your achievements correlate to what DB&A does with its clients? In essence, give proof that you can help DB&A accomplish it's goals.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salaries are fixed for entry level consultants. No negotiations.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DB&A.

Interview

Phone interview followed up with in person interview. Basic personality and situational questions. Relatively quick process and very through in explaining position and what was to be expected.

Interview Questions

I didn't see this a long term fit for me.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DB&A.

Interview

Overall interview process was slow with multiple tiers and hoops to jump through. Overall questions were easy and straightforward.