Data Recognition Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 1, 2017

2.2

Technical Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn Park, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Data Recognition Corporation (Brooklyn Park, MN) in September 2016.

Interview

Fairly formal. Straight forward. You will meet with at least 1 out of 3 from a management team. They like knowing you will fit as a person, not just an employee.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit for our company?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Data Recognition Corporation in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received phone call a few days later asking for an in-person interview. I thought this was a little strange this day and age, being that most places will do a phone screen to check for fit on both sides. Had this been done, it would've saved me some time and a 1/2 day of PTO at my current job....

Anyway, I met with 4 people, including HR. The process was very informal, which I liked, and they didn't ask me any of those silly interview questions - it was a discussion on my skills and they gave me an excellent overview of what the position entailed and work culture. By the end of the interviews, I had a really good idea of what it was like to work there.

Being that I'm currently looking for something better than my current job - something that would move by career forward, as well as something that would be a good fit for me, I really can't say that this would be a great place for ME. To me, this is a small company (I've worked for mostly F100 companies, with a short stint at a small organization) and I just don't think I'd like it. I got the impression that there is a lot of chaos and not a lot of processes - and there are people who like that kind of environment. I walked away with the impression that I might not be the best fit here, as I am too 'corporate.'

That said, I was incredibly disappointed in this company, in that they called me in for an in-person interview and never followed up with me afterwards. No phone call, no email, nothing to tell me that I did not get the position. That's fine to do when all you do is a phone screen, but incredibly disrespectful and unprofessional when you do this to someone who takes an entire afternoon off at my current job for a 3-hour in person interview....

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maple Grove, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Data Recognition Corporation (Maple Grove, MN) in July 2016.

Interview

As a whole the process went well. The meeting with the managers and team members we more in the informal side which I felt was a good approach to a relaxed initial meet. Working with HR through the process after was the only place where things could of been better. They expressed interest in hiring me and asked what I was looking for. After providing info I never heard back. About a week or two later I followed up and they simply advised I was out of their comp range. No counter or actual offer that met their needs. In the end we got past that due to my communication and follow up and I accepted an offer. The HR contact was very helpful, I just feel their process needs some adjustment.

Interview Questions

• Nothing specific that I recall, much was standard conversation about projects I've done and how I've handled situations with internal and external customers.   Answer Question

Test Scorer Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Data Recognition Corporation (King of Prussia, PA).

Interview

All that aside....The group informational session introduction about Data Recognition Corporation at the succession, there was two sheets of paper given without an offer for a calculator to me at least, I had to do as another person had done and get a calculator....The test consist of an essay and problem solving.....It mainly tested the way you write and convey words in response to the two options question the first part. The second sheet was more problem solving kind of not easy but certainly workable if you use deductive reasoning, college level testing basically hence the reason to show transcripts as a condition to being invited. At the conclusion of the test there was an individual one on one interview. Notification of being hired came via enveloped mail, kind of archaic. It took a couple weeks

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your test scoring experience   1 Answer

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Data Recognition Corporation (Plymouth, MN) in June 2016.

Interview

The same run of the mill process as any other business. No originality or creativity in the process. Describe your strengths and weaknesses, etc. It seems as though they don't really care to learn anything about the applicant, they simply review the CV and then move on to discussing the position. Seems that they can't beg or borrow applicants.

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem you resolved during the editing process.

Describe how you've worked within a hierarchical management structure in the past.
      1 Answer

Reader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Data Recognition Corporation (Woodbury, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

1st a phone interview. Then an in-person interview. During the in-person interview you must take a written test in various subjects. The interview itself was pretty standard with standard questions.

Interview Questions

• The written test had math word problems and a few algebraic equations.   Answer Question

Test Scorer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Data Recognition Corporation (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

In order to be considered for this position first and foremost you need a college degree. You will have to take a reading, writing and math test. The test that will matter for the position depends on the project that needs scorers. The test will be followed by an interview of around 10 minutes.

Support Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maple Grove, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Data Recognition Corporation (Maple Grove, MN) in February 2016.

Interview

Short and sweet! They asked me a few questions and I got a call from the contract agency within 30 min saying they wanted to hire me on a 6 month contract to hire. They told me briefly what they do and asked me what I can do but it was very laid back considering there were 4 people in the room plus myself.

Interview Questions

• How well I knew different devices and OS's.   1 Answer

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maple Grove, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Data Recognition Corporation (Maple Grove, MN) in November 2015.

Interview

Met with Sr. leadership team including CEO, Executive Product Sponsor/VP of Quality Assurance, Sales VP, VP of Operations and VP of Editorial. Panel was interested in getting to know me and my perspective regrding the status of the product as well as opportunities for expanding market share and growing the number of test takers.

Interview Questions

• Do you believe that the product content issues were the result of outsourcing?   1 Answer

Software Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maple Grove, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Data Recognition Corporation (Maple Grove, MN) in September 2015.

Interview

HR called and our conversation immediately went straight into the interview process. It was a quick and pleasant talk on measuring my abilities and interests towards the position. There was no formal procedure (step-by-step on what will be talked about) on how the phone conversation went, our talk just paved the way to the conclusion of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is it about DRC that you would like to work for?   1 Answer