Datalink Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 27, 2017

3.2

Delivery Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Datalink (Tucson, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

Skype Interview

The interview was more of a conversation rather than an interview, just was asked why I wanted to work at Datalink and then went into detail about all of the opportunities available with Datalink and why I would be a potentially great fit for the company. The next step is an one on one interview that took place two weeks later where they did ask more behavioral questions and tried to get to know you even more.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Datalink in September 2016.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone. It was very relaxed and conversational. It was not as stressful as an interview normally is. The next interview was a few weeks later. It was one on one and asked more behavioral questions. It followed the regular scheme like why do you want to work for us, etc.

Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Datalink (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Very best, recruiter approach was great, very fast process, i got the call from recruiter, he arranged all the interviews with manager and technical person, i did interviewed with Director as well, long story short it is really quick process and recruiter is awesome !!!

Client Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Datalink (Remote, OR) in January 2015.

Interview

Recruiter called me within a couple of days after submitting my resume. 1 week later talked to the hiring manager. 2 weeks later interviewed with the hiring manager again. A week later interviewed with 2 more people. All very professional. Hiring manager was fantastic and constantly kept me in the loop. All around exceptional experience

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary really more of a conversation   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation the offer was fair

Solutions Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Datalink in October 2014.

Interview

An interview consisted of a conversation with the datalink recruiter by phone and subsequent scheduling to conduct an interview with the hiring manager followed by technical peers. The first scheduled interview with the hiring sales manager was a no-show, hiring manager did not email or call to reschedule interview. After informing the recruiter of the hiring manager no-show for the first interview there was a profuse apology. It was almost 2 weeks before another attempt to schedule an interview with the hiring manager. When the hiring manager calls for the interview he was distracted and asked random questions regarding my previous sales pursuits/projects.

Interview Questions

• Specific questions regarding VDI configurations for a specific projects.   1 Answer

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Datalink (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2014.

Interview

I was called on a Thur night around 8:15pm.. Typical recruiter talk about how much resume was a good match for some position they were trying to fill and stressed they were looking to fill it really quick. Told her I'm interested and call me back the next day. next day we talked for an hour about the role, she was going to pass my info up to the next level. Following Monday had a call with the next level and all went well, next lady was going to submit my profile to company. Was told that the lady submitted my profile and I was going to have an interview following week. I kept emailing for updates and leaving messages for updates, got very little/late responses. 2 weeks later was told that the position was closed, no more explanations.

Senior Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Datalink (Atlanta, GA) in May 2013.

Interview

Received email from recruiter, who assisted me by making resume recommendations toward the job. Recruiter prepared me with example questions, and informed me the hot buttons for the multiple interviewers I was meeting with over the interview process. I interviewed with about 6 high-ranking executives in the consulting practice, and was offered the job two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to write a position paper on a topic, to ensure I could write technical documents for the consulting practice at Datalink.   Answer Question

Senior IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Datalink (Cary, NC) in February 2013.

Interview

After the initial interview by the HR recruiter, I did multiple phone interviews with the hiring manager, a peer consultant, and senior management before being offered the position. Subsequent to that I had to take the requisite background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• What makes the difference between success and failure?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Datalink (Raleigh, NC) in October 2012.

Interview

all by phone since I was a remote employee, HQ in Eden Prairie, MN

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there wasn't much wiggle room

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chanhassen, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Datalink (Chanhassen, MN) in March 2010.

Interview

Interview with 3 managers.
    Very simple. Some technical questions.

Negotiation

I got the highest end of the range