Datto Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Datto

2.7

Patent Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Datto (Norwalk, CT) in April 2017.

Interview

The whole process to get an actual interview took about 6 months. They kept scheduling and cancelling. I thought it was an indication of how I would be treated as an employee. Once I finally had the interview at the company, only one of the people I was supposed to meet was there. It seemed pretty clear that I was overqualified and it wasn't a good match. They seemed really disorganized throughout the interview process. Still, they took several weeks to send me a note with their decision.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Datto in March 2014.

Interview

4 phone interviews in 2 hours. All technical questions related to the languages you know. First two interviews weren't very challenging but one was too difficult. He wanted all the answers

Interview Questions

• Using array sort a particular situation without using any other data structues   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Datto (Norwalk, CT) in May 2013.

Interview

Overall the interview process was fairly straight-forward. Phone interview with generic questions then technical in-person interviews with three or four other software engineers (some in groups) all on the same day. They were very interested in my overall knowledge of Linux and data security.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Datto (Norwalk, CT).

Interview

Very impersonal interviews, standard boring questions, very little concern about problem solving and experience in real life situations. Interview process is disorganized, they had to reschedule 3 times. Plan to meet with 6 people at least. Nearly everyone you meet with has been there less than 1 year which is a huge red flag.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Datto (Norwalk, CT) in April 2017.

Interview

Received a phone screen. Lasted about 20-25 minutes. They asked really obscure questions for web dev role, like a very specific question about an uncommonly used linux command. Once making it past that part, they gave me an exercise which I successfully completed and returned to them. I then very quickly received an auto-generated e-mail telling me they weren't moving forward with me. I asked for feedback, and they never gave me any.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Datto (Boston, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

First round, couple of guys, interviewing for software engineering job with a bunch of oops based questions in php. I answered a couple and they interviewed me for a different role I was interested in.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between overloading and overridding?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Datto (Portland, OR).

Interview

1. Recruiter phone interview (background and projects)
    2. Coding sample (Python)
    3. Onsite Interview (6 people)

Overall, good experience, but completely unprepared for the tricky mathematical questions compared to the usual string/data structure questions common big companies like Microsoft tend to give.

Interview Questions

• Find the highest frequency of a letter in a word in an external file.   Answer Question
    • Suppose that we wish to know which stories in a 100-story building are safe to drop eggs from, and which will cause the eggs to break on landing. What strategy should be used to drop eggs such that total number of drops in worst case is minimized and we find the required floor.   1 Answer
    • Given January 1st, 1900 was a Monday, calculate all the months that start on a Monday from 1901 to 2000.   Answer Question
    • Given 4 gateways and 4 repeaters, think of an algorithm to efficiently update all components to reduce repeater down-time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Datto (Norwalk, CT) in August 2016.

Interview

Smooth, nice. To the point. Interviewers ask decent questions, straight at what they want and based on your resume.
    First got the telephonic interview screening, proceeded by in person 1-1 interview with 3 different people. Last round was with manager and CTO. After that there was an HR round for compensation and benefits etc.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Datto in October 2016.

Interview

I had applied online for the Software Engineer position at Norwalk, CT. Their interview process is a Phone interview followed by a take home assignment and then an onsite interview. I had a phone screen interview setup. They rejected me after the phone interview so I could not participate in other rounds.

Interview Questions

• Advantages of object oriented programming?
      What is your understanding about MVC design pattern?
      What is an array? What is a linked list?
      What are the steps that happen when you type in an url in a web browser?
      How are hidden files signified in linux? Command to retrieve hidden files.
      Command to make an executable file in linux.
      What is the command to build a symbolic link in linux?
      What is cohesion and coupling? What is dependency injection?
      How will you speed up your sql query?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Datto (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied on career fair. And then I received a short phone interview about 20 to 30 minutes. The interveiwer asked a set of basic questions about java and linux. Such as what is the command line to see the hidden files in linux. What is the command line to build a symbolic link etc.