David Lerner Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at David Lerner Associates

2.4

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at David Lerner Associates (White Plains, NY) in May 2019.

Interview

The interview process is straightforward. The Branch manager wants to get a feel for the type of person you are and what you can add to the team. Just be yourself, this is a highly coveted Wall Street position.

Interview Questions

• How would you market our products to clients?   1 Answer

Investment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syosset, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at David Lerner Associates (Syosset, NY).

Interview

Single interview with the Branch Assistant Manager. I was more than qualified and got an offer that same day. I was given a few personality tests to see how I perform under certain circumstances. I was told I performed well above the average

Interview Questions

• Asked about my background and previous work experience to get a feel of what I know but more, about how I handle myself with people.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at David Lerner Associates (Boca Raton, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

I was called by a Recruiter and was told that she saw my resume online and my background matches with this position. She spoke on the salary which peaked my interest so i agreed to attend a seminar which turn out to be a sales pitch. They sold the company and earning potential and spoke about hard work. Now this is definitely not for me i am not a door to door sales person i would rather support the process for half the money. The corniest part of the presentation is the ending where they ask everyone in the room who was interested to stay back for a one on one, so you have like 15 people to 2 Representatives and names were called in arrival time order. That was a turn off, they already had us fill out a data sheet so they could have followed up with us or ask that we call if we are interested or direct us to their website to complete application process.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at David Lerner Associates.

Interview

3 step interview. Main goal is to get to know you. During fist interview the company and products get briefly introduced. 2nd interview is with the manager. Mostly informal. 3rd interview is when the decisions are being made from both sides. Job offer is contingent on passing background check.

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at David Lerner Associates (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

Attended a seminar where the company was introduced and job function explained. Following the seminar I met one on one with a manager. Following that vetting process I was invited to a second interview at the branch office, then a third interview with a principal of the company.

Interview Questions

• How I would build my book of business?   1 Answer
    • How I would feel about commission based pay?   1 Answer

Investment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at David Lerner Associates (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

My initial interview with the manager, he asked the ordinary questions. I was told I would be called back for second interview with additional managers.he reviewed my background and went over my resume.

Anonymous Employee in Syosset, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at David Lerner Associates (Syosset, NY).

Interview

Two interviews. First was very basic with the assistant branch manager, then a call back for an interview with the branch manager, followed by a phone call with the offer. Not an intense interview process with basic questions and a more 'get to know you' feel- not technical.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions, IQ test to see how well you will do on the series 7 and other tests, no technical questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at David Lerner Associates (Westport, CT) in April 2015.

Interview

The career seminar was held at their Westport location and they had a few people present an history and overview of the company. the room had about 25-30 people that were competing for the same position. After the presentation was over they invited each one of us to meet with them in a private office on on one. we were told if we were not interested in what was presented to us that e were free to leave. I sat one on one with the manager and he explained some of the details of the job that I would be considered for then he asked me to tell him a little bit about myself. He then asked me a few more questions and we went and scheduled another appointment for me to meet with another assistant manager.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I thought I was up for the challenge.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at David Lerner Associates (Boca Raton, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

Invited to a group seminar for recruiting employees. You need to sign in in order to attend, so that they can try and contact you if you didn't show interest that day. Asked to come in for an interview. Yo are asked generic questions, there are no real qualifications for the job except having a pulse. You go to two (maybe three) interviews then sold the position.

Anonymous Employee in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at David Lerner Associates (Teaneck, NJ) in December 2014.

Interview

4 interviews, the seminar then one with the assistant manager then one with the branch manager. They try to intimidate you to see if you have what it takes to do the job.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer