David Lerner Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

David Lerner Associates Interview Questions

Updated Feb 24, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at David Lerner Associates (Boca Raton, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

I was called by a Recruiter and was told that she saw my resume online and my background matches with this position. She spoke on the salary which peaked my interest so i agreed to attend a seminar which turn out to be a sales pitch. They sold the company and earning potential and spoke about hard work. Now this is definitely not for me i am not a door to door sales person i would rather support the process for half the money. The corniest part of the presentation is the ending where they ask everyone in the room who was interested to stay back for a one on one, so you have like 15 people to 2 Representatives and names were called in arrival time order. That was a turn off, they already had us fill out a data sheet so they could have followed up with us or ask that we call if we are interested or direct us to their website to complete application process.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at David Lerner Associates.

Interview

3 step interview. Main goal is to get to know you. During fist interview the company and products get briefly introduced. 2nd interview is with the manager. Mostly informal. 3rd interview is when the decisions are being made from both sides. Job offer is contingent on passing background check.

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at David Lerner Associates (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

Attended a seminar where the company was introduced and job function explained. Following the seminar I met one on one with a manager. Following that vetting process I was invited to a second interview at the branch office, then a third interview with a principal of the company.

Interview Questions

• How I would build my book of business?   1 Answer
    • How I would feel about commission based pay?   1 Answer

Investment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at David Lerner Associates (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

My initial interview with the manager, he asked the ordinary questions. I was told I would be called back for second interview with additional managers.he reviewed my background and went over my resume.

Anonymous Employee in Syosset, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at David Lerner Associates (Syosset, NY).

Interview

Two interviews. First was very basic with the assistant branch manager, then a call back for an interview with the branch manager, followed by a phone call with the offer. Not an intense interview process with basic questions and a more 'get to know you' feel- not technical.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions, IQ test to see how well you will do on the series 7 and other tests, no technical questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at David Lerner Associates (Westport, CT) in April 2015.

Interview

The career seminar was held at their Westport location and they had a few people present an history and overview of the company. the room had about 25-30 people that were competing for the same position. After the presentation was over they invited each one of us to meet with them in a private office on on one. we were told if we were not interested in what was presented to us that e were free to leave. I sat one on one with the manager and he explained some of the details of the job that I would be considered for then he asked me to tell him a little bit about myself. He then asked me a few more questions and we went and scheduled another appointment for me to meet with another assistant manager.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I thought I was up for the challenge.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at David Lerner Associates (Teaneck, NJ) in December 2014.

Interview

4 interviews, the seminar then one with the assistant manager then one with the branch manager. They try to intimidate you to see if you have what it takes to do the job.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Westport, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at David Lerner Associates (Westport, CT) in November 2014.

Interview

Met them at a job fair. We discussed the job and then was invited to a career night. There was about fifteen applicants. The managers spoke about the company and then pulled us in for interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be an investment counselor? They asked about experience and networking   Answer Question

Investment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at David Lerner Associates in January 2013.

Interview

Emailed my resume for a opening I had heard about. Received a call from Larry the hiring manager to come in for a interview. He didnt ask many questions and was done in like 15 minutes. Told me he would set up a second interview with a higher up. About a week later I received a letter that they wouldnt be offering me the position. Which is fine, only I dont understand if he didnt like my resume why tell me to come in for a interview? And if he didnt feel I was right for the position why tell me he would be setting up a second interview? It just doesn't make sense and it was a waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• Don't really remember any. It was very brief and a few years ago.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at David Lerner Associates in October 2012.

Interview

group presentation to about 8 or so people, then immediate one on one interviews with hiring manager, offer given on the spot. Sent to 1 week training, study for exams, pass exams and then get into production and start selling