David's Bridal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Sort:

Photographer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at David's Bridal (Erie, PA) in January 2013.

Interview

All done on the phone. They asked how many weddings I had shot in the past, what type of cameras i have and how I can relate to the brides

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keizer, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at David's Bridal (Keizer, OR) in July 2014.

Interview

I met with the store manager who was very personable and seemed professional. She asked normal questions and spoke about the position and the responsibilities. By the end of the interview, she asked if I would meet with the DM in 2 days for a 2nd interview. I gladly said yes. Again, I met with the DM and she was very pleasant and easy to speak with. At the conclusion of our meeting, she said that she would be calling ALL candidates who had made it to this round to advise them if they were being made an offer or not. It's been about 2 1/2 weeks and I have not received any communication as to my standing, but I think it's safe to say that I will not be receiving an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in going into retail with your over 20 years experience in wholesale?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at David's Bridal (Lafayette, LA) in September 2015.

Interview

One on one with 2 managers. I met with the store manager who was very tough, but fair. She was very professional. I could tell she took pride in her store. I was able to answer all of her questions. I came prepared with confidence and experience.

The second interview was with the assistant. My first thought was this might not be a good fit for me because the professionalism was lacking. I could see why the store manager would need or want to hire another leader. The interview was playful.

Interview Questions

• What made you choose to meet with us?
      Why would you be a good fit for our store?
      Standard questions from the store manager?

Assistant store manager asked, if you were a cereal which one would you be? I laughed because I thought it was a joke, but he was seriously waiting for an answer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bossier City, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at David's Bridal (Bossier City, LA) in March 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by the District Manager and the local manager. The DM did almost all the questions. The store manager did not participate too much. The interview last approximately 50 minutes. They never mentioned salary but did working hours. The DM finalized it saying they will be interviewing more people and will let me know one way or another. It has been more than week I haven't hear from anyone. I did send a thank you note for their time. I have heard it is a long process for them to hire someone, however they did not mention it.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I have fired someone and why. Why I want to work for David's Bridal. If I liked to be the leader and why. They also asked how many people I was in charge in my previous jobs. Question about personality and problem solving.   Answer Question

Interview

1 group interview, 2 one on one interviews, and 2 phone interviews. It was a 3 week long process. This company invests a lot in who they interview. They really reach out and determine if you are the right fit for their mission and culture. It is all about the personality and experience here.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses? What are your opportunities.   Answer Question

David's Bridal Response

Jun 1, 2018 – Director of Field Recruiting

Thank you for participating in our selection process to allow us to learn more about you and share our company vision. Our goal at David’s Bridal is to create teams that offer the best customer... More

Learning & Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at David's Bridal.

Interview

Applied online. Received email about 2 weeks later requesting to set up a phone call later that same day to discuss my resume. Responded quickly giving times I could speak that afternoon. And then never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• Reached out again 4 more times over the course of the next month confirming my interest in speaking with them and offering dates/times. Never got a response.   Answer Question

Client Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at David's Bridal (Conshohocken, PA) in April 2011.

Interview

Submitted my resume online. Received a call from HR about 2-3 weeks later to schedule a phone interview with the manager. After that, HR requested an in person interview, but since I was in school for my MBA they opted for a phone interview instead. The final round of was with my direct manager and the VP of the department. About 2 weeks later, I received an offer from HR.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want the position and what would I bring to the role?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The company classifies you according to their 'levels of experience' - so your negotiating power will heavily rely on your level and where you are in the salary range.

Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at David's Bridal (Nashua, NH).

Interview

The system is very strange. I got a series of emails that went straight to my spam folder, followed by a phone call. The interview was basically my manager telling me about David's Bridal, followed by a couple customer service related questions. It lasted about 15 minutes. Then, she called one of my references and I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Why was I leaving my old job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my schedule around other life events.

Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at David's Bridal (Natick, MA).

Interview

I applied online and got a call within a few weeks. I was asked to come in for group interview, which made me think this was going to be a group of about 20 or so people. Wrong. Only one other lady showed up and she wasn't even applying for the same position. They asked us both the same questions. Fairly easy, but the interview lasted two hours, with us getting out at around 6- just in time for rush hour traffic! I would like to think that maybe they wanted to prepare us for what the drive would be like, but I never got out at 6 once I was hired, so it was more annoying than anything else.

Interview Questions

• To be honest, they were all really standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

This delayed my hiring for nearly a month- they couldn't figure out which location to place me at.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at David's Bridal (Denver, CO).

Interview

I applied for a job on Monday and received a call the next day. Very fast to call and scheduled a group interview. They were looking for 5-8 people to get ready for their bridal rush (Jan-Mar). They were short staffed that day and the assistant manager was quick to say how frustrated she was by people not showing up to work.There were 2 other people that I was interviewing with. I Have never had a group interview before and was very nervous. We all meet with the assistant manager who was very nice. She told us a lot about the company and walked us thru the typical day.First interview went great and was told I'd be called that day to schedule a second interview which I was not. I was called the day after from the manager but she could only meet on a Tuesday and since I'm already working another job I couldn't go. I was put on hold for 15 minutes and had to tell several people that I was returning the managers called when I was trying to schedule the 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were fairly standard interview questions. Give a situation were a customer was unhappy and you helped them. Also had to sell our outfit. We all went around the room and tried to sell our outfits to each other. I was pretty uncomfortable having never done that before.   Answer Question