Del Monte Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Del Monte Foods (Walnut Creek, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

The entire process was an initial screening call with a recruiter, followed by 2 phone interviews with brand managers, then 2 Skype interviews. A little disorganized - had someone call me for an interview that I didn't know was happening. Luckily I was available, but it would have been awkward if I missed the call. The interviewer for my last Skype interview was late, which was fine as I understand things happen, but it did feel rushed at the end.

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Del Monte Foods (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Formal, phone screen, 1 on 1's. Average difficulty. scheduling was a bit complicated. be patient with this. A bit disorganized even though I was a mba recruit. might be different if you interview a few years after business school

Warehouse Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Del Monte Foods.

Interview

Just got the job. Interview not really important. Ask how you do in big groups, can you deal with cold or heat. Then you give your id and they start a gew days later

Interview Questions

• None. Just pay rate. Can you work in extreme cold or heat!   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Del Monte Foods.

Interview

Had quick phone interview and then two 1:1 interviews at the office. Nothing out of the ordinary. Took awhile to get the process going, but it was worth the wait. Great people and culture.

Market Research Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Del Monte Foods in August 2017.

Interview

I had 3 phone calls (with HR, hiring manager, and department head). These all went well and I felt positive about the company and role. Then I had to do 2 projects, followed by 6 back-to-back Skype interviews with people across the company, which took an entire business day. All in all, I spent nearly 20 hours interviewing and doing projects for a mid-level position, which was ultimately not offered to me. I had to follow up with HR multiple times to receive an answer, which came about 10 days after the interview in a brief email.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you exemplified the corporate values of the company?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Del Monte Foods in December 2010.

Interview

For low entry jobs they usually go thru a temp agency if you are good they might hire you for full time. The interview process is easy if you are temp being hired

Interview Questions

• what is wrong with the department that you would correct   Answer Question

Negotiation

They department supervisor would ask you about how much you would to make. if you give a low amount thats what you would get

Senior Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Del Monte Foods (Walnut, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

First phone interviews with HR and recruiting firm, followed by phone interview with hiring manger. Was invited to on-site interview and had two rounds of in-person interviews due to scheduling conflict.

Interview Questions

• General question about professional background, asked for give examples of previous work / accomplishments.   Answer Question

Sanitation Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Del Monte Foods (Modesto, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Fill out application, submit to a drug test and once a year you go to a hall and sign up for positions your interested in. Then when season starts, you start work depending on your position and senority.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Del Monte Foods (San Francisco, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I enjoyed the process. The HR manager was very friendly and helpful. She answered all my questions and kept me informed of the process. I interviewed with everyone in the department I would be working with, so I had a good idea about the team and their needs.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions about previous jobs and the types of roles I supported   1 Answer

Senior Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Del Monte Foods (Walnut Creek, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

On site included meetings with HR, the hiring manager and 3 other team members most of which were an hour long. They stay on schedule and didn't run over. Most said what their role was and how it interacted with the open position then asked questions and finally allowed time at the end for me to ask them questions. All the questions seemed appropriate to this function and related to my background and how it could be applied to this open position. But one interviewer didn't describe her role, provide her title or allow any time for my questions during the entire hour. It seemed as though her opinion was formed before I entered the room and she was pushing for me to make a mistake or feel uncomfortable. Otherwise, the rest were very professional. The culture seemed intensely serious.

Interview Questions

• Provide examples where you've worked on brand innovation.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you've shown leadership to execute a project across functional groups.   Answer Question
    • Analyze a TV/magazine ad in terms of effectiveness using principles of consumer marketing.   Answer Question