Dialpad Interview Questions

Updated May 13, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 80 of over 80 interviews

Employee Referral12%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Dialpad

Application

I interviewed at Dialpad

Interview

Had a quick meeting with a recruiter, was sent a coding challenge but, I was contacted but the recruiter 3 days later to be told the position was no longer being offered, no offer received

Interview Questions
  • Start date, lottery ticket algo question
    Answer Question

Dialpad

Application

I interviewed at Dialpad

Interview

This company is very sketchy. I went through 3 rounds of interviews and received an verbal offer from the recruiter. When I tried to negotiate salary the recruiter said they would get back to me. After following up for 2 weeks, I got notified that they went with another candidate. Don't let this company waste your time.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Dialpad

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dialpad in Apr 2021

Interview

I had 2 hours solving two technical questions and followed by meeting with one engineering manager for 1 hour and the hiring manager at last discussing about the responsibility of the team.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dialpad (San Francisco, CA) in Apr 2021

Interview

I was contacted by HR on LinkedIn. Recruiter scheduled call for the discussions. On the day of the interview, the interviewer didn't call me at the specified time. It seems like they are not sure of the requirements.

Interview Questions
  • Formal discussions only and no questions asked except work authorization.

Dialpad

Application

I interviewed at Dialpad

Interview

They reached out to me first. I talked to a knowledgeable recruiter, then had a pretty standard 45-minute coding interview that I passed. I was asked to do a final interview (four, all remote), and was given a choice between having it on one day or two. I booked four interviews that were like the equivalent of an onsite, split a week apart. In hindsight, I should not have done this. I thought the first two were okay (apparently they did not), but an hour later I was told that I would not be hired and they were cancelling the other two. I can understand why they would do this, but I definitely would have had a better experience if I had just taken all four of them on the same day. I asked for feedback. They said they would get back to me on that, and didn't, but unfortunately that seems to be a pretty common experience in lots of tech companies.

Interview Questions
  • One of the questions they asked is the same one other posters mentioned, and it's actually pretty difficult. The greedy algorithm is not guaranteed to work; Geeksforgeeks has an article with the solution.

Dialpad

Application

I interviewed at Dialpad

Interview

When holding a Zoom interview, it is very uncomfortable for the interviewee to be on camera for 45 minutes and speaking to a blank screen due to the interviewer not turning on theirs. Being in sales and not being able to read someone's face or reactions is uncomfortable as best. I could have worked around that issue, but in addition, they kept muting themselves after each question and took 10-15 seconds to come back and unmute.....leading me to believe they were preoccupied or were completing other tasks while interviewing me. The interviewer stated that next time I needed to provide instances in which I overcame objections in my previous roles. That question proved that they were preoccupied during our entire talk because I not only provided one instance but two.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Dialpad

Application

I interviewed at Dialpad

Interview

Went to final interview and spent a lot of time on preparation. Had two previous interviews that were extensive. The final interview happened and two days later I get a call saying they need more time. Then I get the generic no thanks email and no one reached out personally. One interview I understand but Three, I expected a phone call or better communication.

Interview Questions
  • How do you track progress for performance management.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dialpad (Fresno, CA) in Mar 2021

Interview

Applied online. Didn't even remember applying, but was eventually contacted for an interview. Read the Glassdoor reviews first glad I did. The recruiter contacted me using the company VOIP. It was not working properly, so they called me directly using their personal phone. That's okay. A screening interview with HR. Very pleasant. Like the software the company builds. Asked me about my salary requirements. I remember a review on Glassdoor talking about then a 'bait n switch' on the salary. I then stated my minimum salary, but it was later restated as my target salary. The recruiter indicated they weren't sure but would check if this salary was possible, that they were not sure, and then proceeded to schedule my next interview. I recall the salary for this role is quite low for the industry, lower than the salary I quoted; so was a bit concerned about the responses I received. The recruiter then proceeded to explain the following 4-5 step interview process, which would also involve an in-depth presentation from me on my onboarding process (for me, as I understood it). Since the salary was noticeably low on Glassdoor, I felt the interview and presentation commitment was a bit too much to ask. So I withdrew my application. I imagine it's a great job. But the reviews on Glassdoor got my attention, and the salary didn't justify a 'fait n switch' tactic later on. Would have created too much mistrust. Sorry about that.

Interview Questions
  • What types of projects have you worked on, and what do you know about the company's products and services

Dialpad

Application

I interviewed at Dialpad

Interview

I loved the process. I was able to meet some wonderful people. It was a questionnaire with my recruiter. An interview with 2 people at once and then another with the director whom would be your manger. Great experience overall.

Interview Questions
  • They asked normal interview questions. Tell me A time when...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dialpad (New York, NY) in Feb 2021

Interview

Really a Time waste !! if you want to waste your time you can go ahead and give an interview. The interview process took almost 3 to 4 weeks with 7  Rounds of interviews. The best part of the interview process is the way the HR Coordinator coordinate with me. She was more Polite and friendly about scheduling the interview process Interview Process - Hacker rank test, HR screening, 3 Technical Rounds, 1 Hiring Manager Round, 1 more Technical. The First 2 technical rounds are great and then I had a technical round with the person who is not willing to listen, they show their attitude. I have never come across such types of people in the interview process. Then I had an interview with Hiring Manager which went smoothly where they discussed the Salary and Role which I would get and then asked me to go for one more formal round. Here comes the final round where it is the technical round again. Finally, I got a mail from HR saying we are moving with other candidates. There is no organized way of the interview process. Have clarity on who needs to take the interview when. At least provide the exact reason why you are rejecting a candidate after taking 6 to 7 rounds. Take away: I don't feel the technical team in org is that strong where they have taken 7 rounds to reject a candidate. I feel pretty happy, in order to reject me, they need 6 to 7 round of interview:) if you are taking 7 rounds and rejecting a candidate then probably you should look at your interview process

Interview Questions
  • Java oops concepts, access modifiers, Selenium, programming and more on SIP protocol
1 person found this interview helpful