Diebold Nixdorf Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Software Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Diebold Nixdorf (Akron, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

Overall the interview process was a complete waste of time. Even though I was referred by a current employee and the company was supposedly desperate to hire engineers it was 37 days from the time I submitted my application online to the time I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. It should be noted that by this time I had already accepted a position elsewhere and was in the process of resigning from my current employer. I was still interested in the opportunity though.

When it was all said and done I had two phone interviews with two separate development departments. The manager in the first interview immediately dismissed me when I said that did about 50/50 C# and Vb.net at then current employer although I am very proficient in C#. The interview continued but I felt like I had many marks against me because of this. I received a call back from the recruiter saying that the manager who interviewed my had both positives and negative things to say about me. He wouldn't really go into specifics, but did recommend I interview with the other department.

The other interview was for a Sr Dev position on one of the R&D teams. I knew going into this I wasn't as qualified for this position as I was the first one (at the time I had about 5 years of qa and software development experience just to give you an idea). This was a very technical interview asking me specific questions about processes I had worked on years ago. There was a large group of people conducting this interview and it was hard to hear all the different voices at different levels over the phone.

It would have been more efficient to bring me in one day and let me interview with whatever departments were hiring. I was a little off put that so many technical questions were being asked via the phone especially with the noise and thick accents some of the developers/managers on the line had.

After the second interview I never received a call back from the recruiter, a few weeks later I got a 'thanks but no thanks' email from their automated system. By that time, I had already started at my new job anyways.

Honestly looking back I feel like I dodged a bullet with this company. Just a quick Google search shows how unorganized and corrupt things are at this place. I have also heard from the employee who referred me that there are constant layoffs and morale is absolutely awful. I get the feeling that they are interviewing software people in America just for the sake of interviewing as they want to outsource a lot of the IT work to India.

Interview Questions

• In the first interview we mainly talked about my past roles in development, and they asked questions about how I mentored entry level developers at my previous employer. I was also asked how much I worked on C# as opposed to VB.net   1 Answer
    • In the second interview I was asked a lot of specifics about prior projects I had worked on. One was how I generated models for the WCF service I worked on.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Canton, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Diebold Nixdorf (North Canton, OH).

Interview

I gave them my resume at a career fair. I ended up hearing from them a little later than I expected so I thought I missed the opportunity but they did call me back. They set up a phone interview, which took about half hour. After the interview they said that they had some more interviews and that I wouldn't hear back until the middle of the next week after the last one.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard interview with no unexpected questions. As it was an internship, focus was primarily on soft skills such as working as part of a team.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was an internship and I really just accept the initial offer.

Interview

Phone interview answered basic question with HR and then answered questions from a current engineer. It was relaxed and no technical question were asked. They call later and I was given 4 days to make a decision on accepting their offer.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Diebold Nixdorf (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

Essentially it was a phone call where my manager asked a few specific questions. Rather relaxed version of an interview. I found it easy, but thought that my manager asked an interesting interview since I was interviewing for a software position.

Interview Questions

• If you had a hardware device that you were testing with software on the device, how would you go about debugging the software? How would you differentiate between a software and hardware bug?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Diebold Nixdorf in August 2012.

Interview

I got the phone call from the recruiter. She helps me schedule the phone interview with the hiring manager and software development managers. There are two round phone interviews with software development manager.
    And then, I attend face to face interview with R & D department. No technical engineer interview. Some concept questions related to software development model, Agile development, Scrum. Software configuration management tools and questions.

Interview Questions

• How to handle cross team issues? What's your career goal in the next 5 years? Do you want to work aboard?   Answer Question

Applications Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Uniontown, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Diebold Nixdorf (Uniontown, OH) in December 2012.

Interview

You have to go through Randstad or some other staffing agency to get hired. You cannot just apply on your own unless you know some that works there. so there.

Interview Questions

• they really just asked about my resume and had me walk them through my current position   Answer Question

Installer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Diebold Nixdorf (Dublin, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

Two interviews, first with Manager, second with Same manager and two tech support people.

Interview Questions

• Tel us about your experience with (propitiatory software product). I would only have knowledge of this product if I had already been working for the company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They would not negotiate.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Diebold Nixdorf (North Canton, OH) in July 2013.

Interview

I had a phone interview with an HR manager. They asked basic questions to make sure my skills matched the job profile. As a result of the phone interview, I was asked for an on-site. The on-site interview was with the hiring manager and very straight forward.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Diebold Nixdorf (Canton, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

received a phone call from HR reviewing the position and then had a phone interview with the manager of the department I was interning for. received an offer the next day.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Diebold Nixdorf (North Canton, OH) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview process was laid back, friendly, and pretty easy. There were some technical questions asked but since this was for an internship, they understood that I was here to work and learn, while also going to school full time. The managers were great and easy to talk to!

Interview Questions

• They asked a few technical questions but very basic ones like how to do specific tasks in Active Directory, Windows, and Outlook.   Answer Question