Direct Line Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Direct Line Group Interview Questions

Interviews at Direct Line Group

Commercial Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bromley, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Direct Line Group (Bromley, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

From application to scheduling an interview took 30 days. And getting feed back took 39 days. Not exactly a dynamic and fast moving place. Competency style interview, using scripts. Initial chat went well, but once the interviewer started using the script it become bland and rather boring. No attempt made to sell the company/offering or opportunities the role would bring. I did wonder why I bothered applying.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions, but the "fun" went out of the interview with the scripted questions.   1 Answer

Apr 28, 2017 – Recruitment Marketing Analyst

We're sorry to hear you have not had the best experience during our recruitment process. We are always looking for ways to improve and your comments will be taken on board.

Strategy Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Direct Line Group in March 2012.

Interview

The first contact was a phone interview (I had been referred to the job) with the head of the department where he told me about the opportunities and asked general CV questions.

This was followed by one day of 1:1 personal interviews with the head of the department and 3 strategy managers. The first interview was a recap on the company and plans for the future, the second interview was a deep-dive on the CV (e.g., detail what you did here and there, outcomes, responsibilities), third a case study with typical consulting questions (e.g., number of phone booths in UK, a company XYZ is planning to invest X Million - is that a good idea? detail the thought process and do so quick calculations), the fourth was more of a Q&A session but didn't seem to have much purpose to be honest (probably a red flag there!)

I was asked to wait for 2-3 weeks before getting their final answer (no offer), I guess they were probably comparing candidates during that time.

Overall, I had a good feeling about the team (15-20 people) and the company. Everybody seemed very nice, engaged, and interested in continuing to develop the company as they split from RBS. The office has a canteen and the location is good (Bromley, 15-20min from London, 1stop by strain). On the flip side, I felt the roles were not clear for the strategy team members - everybody doing a bit of everything, in a pool environment -, and there didn't seem to be any women around (other than secretaries arranging for the meetings).

Change Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bromley, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Direct Line Group (Bromley, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

Briefly gone through my CV and started with my last recent employment and went through in detailed. Overall very good atmosphere and the interviewer was makes you relaxed so was ok.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about your current role or day to day job .   1 Answer

Claims Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Direct Line Group (Leeds, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

First interview is a telephone interview. Questions such as : tell me about yourself: strength:weaknesses:why do you want to work here: why should we employ you
    Second interview- Taken into a room where it was just me and my team leader, asked me questions such as: why should we employ you: a lot of behavioural questions aswell all relating to the values.
    Then was taken into a room with other people and did a team exersice

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of where you shared info with other people in a team   1 Answer

Sep 7, 2017 – Recruitment Marketing Analyst

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on Direct Line Group, we really appreciate it.

Claims Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Direct Line Group (Birmingham, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

I Initially applied online submitting my cv. I was the called for a telephone interview, which I passed and was finally invited for a face to face interview. The process itself took around 1 month from initially submitting the cv. After the phone interview things progressed quickly.

Interview Questions

• Describe the best customer service you received

Describe the worst customer service you received

What do you know about the DLG brand

Face to face

What value will you add to the position
      What is negligence

The rest of the questions are scenario based

What would you do if your colleague isn't performing   1 Answer

Aug 9, 2017 – Recruitment Marketing Analyst

Thank you for your honest feedback regarding our recruitment process.

Claims Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Direct Line Group (Manchester, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview was informal and mainly centred around the company values shown on the website, then some technical questions. Interviewers were relaxed and friendly, which made the interview a less nerve racking and more pleasant experience. From interview to offer the process took 6 weeks which was too long in my opinion, not sure if this is usual practice but if so candidates will potentially accept offers elsewhere

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you have had to reach a challenging target and how you went about achieving this   Answer Question

Apr 13, 2017 – Recruitment Marketing Analyst

Thank you for your honest feedback regarding our recruitment process. We are always looking for ways to improve and your comments will be taken on board.

Claims Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bromley, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Direct Line Group (Bromley, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview, followed by Face-to-face interview, which included a role-play exercise. Prepare well for the interviews by researching Direct Line's values and brands, and the process is a lot more enjoyable.

Interview Questions

Direct Line Group Response

Dec 29, 2016 – Recruitment Marketing Manager

Fantastic to hear about your experience at Direct Line Group. Thank you for taking the time to review us.

Claims Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Direct Line Group.

Interview

After submitting an application online I was notified by email that my application was successful and that I am invited to partake in a telephone interview.
    The Interiviewer was great; very friendly, polite and profesional.
    The interview was competency based and asked of examples when dealing with difficult customer, when you've been set targets a to meet, when you've recieved good customer service and why was it good service

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Direct Line Group?   1 Answer

Jan 30, 2017 – Recruitment Marketing Analyst

Thank you for taking the time to review our recruitment process. We love to see that you've had a great experience with us!

Claims Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Direct Line Group.

Interview

There was an initial video interview which the thought of was quite intimidating but it was actually quite fun! Asked general questions about customer service experiences and why you would like to work for direct line.
    Recieved word the next day for a face to face interview, scheduled for a week later. It was a very relaxed atmosphere and they do all they can to help put you at ease.
    The role play, I found overwhelming. I'd been dreading it for the week, I missed some crucial information but remained polite and helpful throughout the phone call.

Interview Questions

Direct Line Group Response

Oct 15, 2018 – Recruitment Marketing Consultant

This is great to hear! Our Video interview is new to our process and we love that you enjoyed completing it. Thank you for your review :)

Claims Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Direct Line Group (Birmingham, England (UK)) in February 2019.

Interview

Face to face interview- met with two miserable lady’s at the Birmingham branch (near Barclays) they arrived late to interview me , Started to ask technical questions in the role play purposely trying to trick me with incorrect security details and saying stupid things like my car stereo is broken etc, they said they would give me 10 minutes to prepare for the role play and I timed it, it was 7 minutes 33 seconds. HR recruitment put a lot of emphasis on the interview and not the role play. I wasn’t going to accept this role anayway because I had a offer from another insurance firm worth 100 billion,DLG is only worth 3 billion. By the way DLG didnt even give me a headset for the role play, she just turned her back and done the role play lol, how unprofessional. The job is advertised as 19.5 k but she said in the interview you only get 18k, what a joke ( this contradicts the DLGS value of doing the right thing value/honesty - how ironic) if the salary includes pension be more explicit about it besides I’m young who really cares about pension at this young age, the company which I got a offer off are paying much higher. They clearly said insurance experience was not needed but started to ask techical insurance questions. One of the two lady’s started smirking and was condescending , maybe because I was of another ethnicity. AVOID interviewing at this firm and try bigger and better insurance companies, the team leaders think they are prestiage/ upper class.
    Did I mention how lengthy the process was - 6 weeks and you have to do a video interview because DLG are too lazy to do phone call interviews and want to save costs. DLG- don’t beat around the bush, if you want someone with a lot of insurance experience, make it clear in the job description, if you were happy to employ anyone with customer service experience you wouldn’t ask insurance related questions, The general impression from the interview from DLG is if you are going get hired the managementt are probably going to be up your backside when your are working =HIGHLY BUERUACRTAIC, leaving no autonomy for employees, auditing your calls every second.AVOID!

Feb 18, 2019 – Recruitment Marketing Consultant

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We have reviewed your feedback and we want to wish you all the best in your new role.