Discovery Education Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Discovery Education

2.9

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Education (Silver Spring, MD) in June 2017.

Interview

First was a Phone Screen by the recruiter -- started off with a very informal email, Next they scheduled an onsite interview in Silver Spring with 2 individuals at separate times (very casual and conversational). For the last step, they booked travel to New York for informal lunch at the offices for an interview with someone on the team. Despite extremely positive verbal feedback at each of the interviews I was declined with a generic email after following up with the recruiter three times. I felts as though the email decline given the amount of time and all day travel committed for the interview was highly inappropriate. The email read: "The team loved meeting you, unfortunately, they are going to be moving forward with another candidate at this time for the CEP Sales role. I encourage you to apply to opportunities with DE in the future and will reach out if anything else comes up!" After a few attempts at requesting feedback I finally was able to get in touch with the recruiter who could give no real feedback. Finally, more than two months later I am still waiting for reimbursement on the travel related expenses I incurred. Very disappointing -- even more disappointing for the employee who referred me in the first place.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Education.

Interview

It was a little intimidating as I had to present in front of a panel consisting of the hiring manager, Vice President, and another team member. I had to create a PowerPoint and plan for how to implement a product I was unfamiliar with.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us how you would implement the products across a district.   Answer Question

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Education (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Submit online application. Receive call from HR. initial screening call. Set call with VP of sales.
    face to face meeting. With much time lapse in between and several rescheduled meetings.

Interview Questions

Interview

The interview process consisted of a telephone screening then an in person interview. The process was quick and efficient and I received the offer the next day. The whole process took less than a week.

Interview Questions

• Describe your previous experience(s).   1 Answer

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Education (Charlotte, NC) in May 2019.

Interview

Secondly, a third party recruiting agency contacted me for an SEO position. She set up an interview with the hiring manager. The interview time had to be shifted due to travel, and this resulted in a VERY rushed interview. I had been excited for this opportunity after such a sour experience with the first, and I was very much hoping to continue with this company. I sent a follow up email thanking her for her time, even though she had to travel that day. She had cut me off saying "Do you have any more questions? Because I have to go in two minutes". This caught me off guard, since I have had other interviewers be fine with going slightly over time. Again, I never heard back. She seemed much too preoccupied with her travel, which if that were the case, I would have rather scheduled it for another day. It is very unfortunate for me to have two terrible interviewing experiences with a company I thought would have been a dream to work for. The first recruiter caused way too much hype for the phone screening, telling me how perfect I'd be for the role, to just not follow through. Very disappointing.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Education.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter from a local recruiting company
    Conducted phone interview with manager of the team
    Conducted second phone interview/prompt
    Conducted in person interview with a panel

Did not hear back from recruiter even after making into final round

Interview Questions

• What are your interests in the education field?   1 Answer

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Education (Chicago, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

Asked about what projects I did during school, 3 managers were sitting in the office and they each ask me about what is MVC, how many index does a table has

Director, Partnerships Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Education (Charlotte, NC) in August 2018.

Interview

4 step interview process: initial phone call with recruiter, phone interview with the hiring manager; virtual interview and presentation with hiring manager and other leadership; scenario based questions, presentation and general interview questions; in-person interview with leadership team. This all occurred over about 5-6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Respond to customer scenarios with potential solutions.   Answer Question
    • Leadership style questions/ coaching and mentoring approach   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Education in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online in February. Asked to participate in a phone interview in March with two current VP's. The interview went well from my perspective, however both interviewers seemed distracted or disengaged from the conversation. They didn't offer much in the way of content or context for the position and their responses to my questions were tepid at best. Perhaps they went into the interview with their minds already made up? Not sure, but didn't hear back until over a month later with the boilerplate "we will not be moving forward with you" email.

Interview Questions

Interview

The hiring process was thorough and allowed for ample opportunity for both the employer and myself to vet the opportunity. It included a phone screening with an HR recruiter, various conversations with the hiring manager, an in person interview with the hiring manager, a follow up interview with the hiring manager and VP, and an in-person meeting with someone in the job role.

I was very impressed by everyone that I met and as a result of their process was able to learn a great deal about the opportunity and company prior to moving forward.

Most questions/discussions focused on my understanding of the industry, ability to perform in the role, and the companies culture.

Interview Questions

• If you ran into a Superintendent in the elevator and they asked "Who is Discovery Education and what do you do?" How would you respond?   Answer Question