Cover image for DoorDash

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

DoorDash Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,396 of over 1.4K interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

DoorDash

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DoorDash in Aug 2022

Interview

Got contact from recruiter on LinkedIn. Setup initial call, then "phone" interviews. Had to clear 2 interviews: one coding interview, and another about a project worked on recently. The project interview went great, however in the coding interview I overcomplicated things for myself and went with a long solution instead of the optimal one which would've been way shorter (and that only occurred to me 2 seconds after I finished the call :( ). I got a rejection email soon after. The interviewers were nice, and all in all, it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions
  • * Describe a project or a feature you worked on (diagrams recommended) * An exercise that sums up to: Given a start date and end date, print the time in 5 min intervals using a specific format
    1 Answer

DoorDash

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DoorDash

Interview

Applied on their careers page & the recruiter reached out within a few days to setup a time to chat. This chat went on fine & no red flags. Next round was SQL + case study round. SQL interviewer was alright, seemed over friendly but not a bad thing too. Case study interviewer was by far the worst interviewer I’ve met till date. Absolutely straight faced & not interested. Did not have a good experience at all. Even though I answered the questions I didn’t feel happy about going to the next round just based on this 1 interaction. He wasn’t in the organization for more than 6 months so perhaps they can send someone who genuinely portrays company values?!?! Wouldn’t wish this on my worst enemy. And the recruiter got back saying “even though the interviewers enjoyed the conversation, they can’t move forward” and didn’t give feedback either. Highly disappointing for a company like DoorDash that “prides” itself on honesty & transparency (yeah, right). AVOID.

Interview Questions
  • 1. SQL Joins, Window functions (very very basic) 2. How do you diagnose the problem on a new feature in DoorDash
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about DoorDash

Join the conversation on

Black in Tech

3m

works at

DoorDash

Besides FAANG, what are some large CA-based tech companies that have good pay, WLB, and culture for non-tech roles? Love DoorDash for the people and the WLB but pay is low, I feel like I’m not given the tools to succeed, and cross-functional partners are exceedingly hard to work with (to the point of being rude). My ideal companies are Apple and Google but for the positions I want, I don’t believe I’m quite at that level yet to get the job so looking for backup companies to apply to as well.

6 Comments

Join the conversation on

DoorDash

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DoorDash

Interview

It started out typical, met with the recruiter. Then the first interview the manager was only an interim manager and showed little interest in the interview. I was ghosted after that.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

DoorDash

Application

I interviewed at DoorDash

Interview

Got through the first interview and they said they would send a written exam and never did. Recruiter didn’t explain the role well but said it would be a good fit… odd experience

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

DoorDash

Application

I interviewed at DoorDash

Interview

Straight forward SQL interview and product case. SQL interview is open internet. Product case can be tricky as the interviewer asked a lot of follow up questions to test product sense

Interview Questions
  • Group by, aggregation, window function, etc. average SQL question

DoorDash

Application

I interviewed at DoorDash

Interview

There was no actual interview; I never spoke to anyone. They automatically ran my application online and I was notified almost immediately that I was approved. It was quick, easy and stress-free.

Interview Questions
  • No one asked me any questions because there was no interview.

DoorDash

Application

I interviewed at DoorDash

Interview

It was a good interview with a good person and Glassdoor is making me write this to see salary insights so I am just going to continue typing because I somewhat hate this requirement and just want to make sure everyone knows it.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

DoorDash

Application

I interviewed at DoorDash

Interview

2 round, behav, technical. After this they have one final round HR interview. If they believe you fit the criteria, based on the core values and mission, you get the role.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

DoorDash

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DoorDash

Interview

Was very simple, all they required was a background check and that was it. There are no other questions. Took me about 30 minutes and I was ready to start dashing.

DoorDash

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DoorDash

Interview

Nice folks, good interview process. The questions felt a little scripted. Was disqualified based on an answer given to a prompt I didn't fully understand how to answer, but did feel like I was a great fit for the role. Oh well.

DoorDash

Application

I interviewed at DoorDash

Interview

The first part is the online assessment where you had to solve two questions. I would say they're around the LC medium/easy range. For the technical interview, I sat down with two engineers and solved a question with each of them. The questions were LC Hard

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,396 Interviews

DoorDash Interviews FAQs

Common stages of the interview process at DoorDash according to 1,212 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 30.57%