DoorDash Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 812 of over 812 interviews

Employee Referral13%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DoorDash (New York, NY)

Interview

Process was okay but unnecessarily long to me. First spoke with a recruiter - Then had two interviews a behavioral and a case - Next round was a case where I had to present a presentation to a panel of three (ended up not making it past this point) was told I'd have another round of interviews after, if I was successful with the presentation. Having a marathon type interview approach (weeks worth of interviews) is pretty ineffective in my opinion. Please find a better way to identify and court talent. The process certainly dampened the excitement of joining DoorDash. I also was surprised at the lack of diversity when being interviewed (which made me not very surprised when I was passed up) it can be hard to hire diverse talent when the interviewers have similar backgrounds and are looking for a certain "profile." First time in a long time where I've witnessed so little diversity in the interview process. Overall Impression - Not sure if I would have accepted had I received the offer. I spoke to a few nice people but also interacted with one or two "stuck up" individuals. I'm sure the work would have been cool but if the people aren't than company culture can be a challenge. Clearly I wasn't the right fit. Best of luck to anyone else looking to interview.

Interview Questions
  • Why DoorDash
    Answer Question
  • When have you used data to make a decision
  • Case 1 - We want you to launch a product. You have the resources and constraints. What is your approach.

DoorDash

Application

I interviewed at DoorDash

Interview

Interview Questions
  • The recruiter did a good job but it was clear to me that the interviewing panel had not read my take home assignment that i spent close to 30- 40 hrs putting together. The take home had two parts. The 2nd part, being fairly technical, required brushing up on some skills, and it did not even come up at any point during the interview. Doordash should be more respectful of candidate's time.
2 people found this interview helpful

DoorDash

Application

I interviewed at DoorDash

Interview

Multiple gatekeeper calls, as well as time consuming calls with jr folks with sr titles that don’t reflect their actual abilities. Requested to do time consuming exercise and decks that they took and then nothing. Legitimately believe they’re floundering with their dasher market and unable to master it and are mining experienced folks for “solutions / what would do if you were us” ideas they take to C-Suite and I’ve heard the same offline as well from others who have exited the org. Disappointing to also hear for the “role” 2X they’ve had it up/down, and already fired folks in it so I’m sharing that so others can be mindful. Don’t waste your precious time.

Interview Questions
  • Multiple asks on what would do if you were us and saw a spike or drop in dashers? How do you know if an effort will activate too few or too little given shifting orders?

DoorDash

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DoorDash

Interview

A call lasted less than 30 minutes where one has to squeeze the entire resume, plus motivation and also ask questions (for which the team member did not have any answers). There was only one proper question that the hiring member asked and it is not a great sign as a candidate to notice the hiring team not being prepared for the interview. Did not accept the offer, as the company is not doing well financially (has not broken even since 2013 and is not making a lot of revenue). Such companies are dangerous to be a part of.

Interview Questions
  • What made you apply for Doordash?

DoorDash

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DoorDash

Interview

I was selected for an interview (initial phone call with recruiter) and the recruiter never showed up/didn’t call me. I had to email her to ask what was going on and she mentioned she had to leave for an emergency and that one of her peers was supposed to execute the interview (which never happened). She told me she’d sync back up with me the following day so we can reschedule, she never did this. I emailed her about two weeks later and she mentioned to me that the position had been filled. This is completely unacceptable and it was the worst candidate experience I had! Truly disappointed in DoorDash and their talent acquisition team.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

DoorDash

Application

I interviewed at DoorDash

Interview

They only required a sign up process. There was no interview. Quick and easy just give them I think proof of your license and maybe social security number. It may have taken a few days for a response to come back but they were very thorough with it.

DoorDash

Application

I interviewed at DoorDash

Interview

Diversity is just a word to DoorDash. Every single person talked about how crucial diversity was to their culture. I was interviewed by 9 white people… the interview process was also very long and required lots of prep work. My advice is don’t waste your time

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had a difficult conversation with a customer

DoorDash

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DoorDash

Interview

Went through full interviews, including a full presentation, and never heard back from the hiring manager or recruiter with a final decision. It is clear it's not moving to an offer, but the recruiter should have followed up with a final decision and some type of 'thanks but no thanks'. Designing, prepping and giving a full presentation on top of 5 interviews, takes a lot of time and effort, and it's unfortunate they can not even close out with the candidate, and follow up after.

Interview Questions
23 people found this interview helpful

DoorDash

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at DoorDash

Interview

Call with recruiter, call with hiring manager, presentation with hiring manager/ team mate/ other manager, interview with another manager and final interview with director. Most of the people I spoke with were very thoughtful and made me more excited to work for the company until I got to the last person. Had spent 8+ hours working on presentation and got no feedback after other than I did well. Very vague after spending that much time and not knowing what they were looking for. Frustrating to go through that entire process and not even get any feedback afterwards as to why I was not made an offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

DoorDash

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DoorDash

Interview

The interview process was quick and very clearly explained in my first call with the recruiter. There are 4 interview stages: one with the recruiter, one with the manager of the team, two 45min interviews, and then one final interview round with 4 people. I completed the 3rd round (with 2 different people for 45min each), and felt like the interviews went very well. I was a very qualified, if not over-qualified, candidate. Within 48 hours of completing my third round, I received a generic email from DoorDash saying "Thanks for your interest and taking the time to apply...we've decided not to move forward with you." I forwarded the email to the recruiter asking for specific feedback and received no response. I followed up about a week later and still received no response. I think DoorDash is a great company and would've loved the opportunity to work for them. However, I did lose a little respect after receiving no feedback whatsoever. Interviewing is time-consuming from both parties' perspectives. Therefore as candidates, if we respect the time of the company and team members, I would just like to see that respect for the candidates as well.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Why DoorDash? 2. What is one rule that was changed and you went along with but didn't agree with? 3. What is something unique you will bring to the team? 4. What type of leadership style do you like? 5. What is something you look for in a team?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 812 Interviews