Douglas Emmett Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Douglas Emmett

2.6

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Douglas Emmett (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

A bubbly corporate recruiter found me on linkedin and reached out to me. She made the entire process quick and simple, scheduled around my current job. Met with her first, and then two directors, and then off to my new soon to be supervisor. Entire process took under a week, from meet to sign.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not too much room to wigfle

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Douglas Emmett (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

My overall experience with Douglas Emmett has been very positive.The interview and hiring process was seamless. I give many thanks and kudos to the entire DE Human Resources team; they were very professional and courteous and helped every step of the way to the path of new employment with the company!

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Douglas Emmett (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

I received a call a week after submitting my resume.
    I interviewed with the recruiter, director of property management. portfolio manager the same day. They made it so easy so I wouldn't have to return the next day. Every employee that I met was nice. The receptionist was extremely nice, and very pleasant to talk to. It looks like everyone enjoys working for DE. The culture is completely different from other REIT (Property Management companies)

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Douglas Emmett in October 2009.

Interview

Met with 5 different managers one after another in an exhausing 2.5 hour process. Was asked basic interview questions, nothing surprising. After passing each manager I would be invited to meet with the next one up. Each manager would ask me the exact same questions so the interview became much easier with each person I met. One of the questions was "name a weakness of yours" followed by "name a strength." they talked a lot about the company and what they do, including benefits and such. Looking back on it it seems they were trying to distract from the fact that they don't want to pay a decent salary even though they stressed they wanted someone to stay at least two years.

Interview Questions

Even though I discussed my salary expectations, and was given an agreement by the managers the hr rep still offered me a very low salary. Especially compared to what other companies are paying accountants in LA Douglas Emmett was just trying to get a good deal

Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Douglas Emmett in November 2009.

Interview

Employer took weeks to arrange an interview. Showed up early and even though the HR admin was available he made me wait 45 minutes past our scheduled time. I was on the verge of walking out but unfortunately I did not. After thirty minutes with the admin he passed me on to the department head... who was 30 minutes late even though he was onsite and available. Once again I almost left and regret not doing so. He put me through 45 minutes more. When this was complete I received an offer letter and accepted.

Interview Questions

• None. Both interviewers appeared untrained, like they'd read their questions from a pamphlet.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated with the department head and was given an offer letter with my desired salary. After I'd put in my two weeks notice at my prior employer the department head called back to tell me the COO had personally intervened and reduced the offered salary by five thousand dollars, even though he knew I'd already accepted. At that point I was forced to suck it up as I had already terminated employment with my prior company. Terrible, unethical behavior from an established company, and a preview of what the next two years would be like.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Douglas Emmett (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

the process was very easy I went through my recruiter from a staffing agency who set it up. They reviewed your resume and asked you a few questions about you and that was it.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Douglas Emmett (Santa Monica, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

It was pretty easy. Met with the manager and head of HR. Lasted about one hour. everyone seem friendly. Was called back for a second interview. Met another manager and within a matter of 10 days I was offered the position.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Douglas Emmett (Santa Monica, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who loves working for the company. My first interview was with Camille from HR who couldn't have been sweeter. She seemed honest and thorough in her portrayal of the company and what would be expected of me as an admin assistant. She had me take a short test to further gauge my competency. I received a call back from Camille to schedule a second interview with the director of commercial property management when an opening became available. My second interview consisted of more general questions. I had the opportunity to meet with my perspective property manager shortly after. Overall, I consider my interview process to have been efficient and pleasant. All staff I encountered were warm and welcoming, especially the receptionist.

Interview Questions

• What are a few of your strengths and weaknesses if I were to ask your former boss?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Douglas Emmett (Santa Monica, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

You first have a light phone interview with a recruiter before meeting that same person at the corporate office. At that time, you discuss a little bit about yourself and your job history. If all goes well, you meet with a second individual who discusses more about the job, your goals, your hobbies, etc... and if THAT goes well, you meet with whoever might be your supervisor at the proposed job site to see if you could potentially see yourself in the position.

Interview Questions

• If I spoke with your previous employer, what is one thing he/she might say about you that needs some improvement?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Douglas Emmett (Santa Monica, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and received a call back the next day. The phone call consisted of a brief phone screen, and I was then scheduled for an interview the next business day. The interview process took two days. The first day I met with recruiters who asked standard interview questions, and I was given a brief skills test.

On the second day of interviews I met with two of my potential bosses. They both stressed that this was a potential career path, and that the company often promotes from within. The second day of interviews really seemed like more of a sales pitch than a standard interview.

About two hours after my final interview I was called with a job offer. The company seems reluctant to move in terms of salary for this position, but will give small concessions if you push for it.