Douglas Emmett Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Douglas Emmett

2.6

Junior Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Douglas Emmett (Santa Monica, CA) in August 2019.

Interview

The hiring manager called and did a phone screening and then invited me into the office for an in-person interview. At the in-person interview, I met with the hiring manager and head of the department I would be working for. They required a short test with a few basic accounting questions to see how much you know. Overall, the employees were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about your experience and why you think you're a good fit for this position.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Douglas Emmett (Santa Monica, CA) in July 2019.

Interview

The whole process took about a month. I first had a phone call with the recruiter and was asked to come in for the first round the following day. I then talked to my immediate bosses. After that, I talked to my now coworkers and more senior management.

Interview Questions

• Why real estate? Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Douglas Emmett (Santa Monica, CA) in July 2019.

Interview

The recruiter was attentive and positive. It was at their corporate office, then to the location where I work now. It was nice how if they like you, they will mention other positions that they have available and will work with you to find the best fit.

Interview Questions

• If we called your former managers right now, what would they say are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Project Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Douglas Emmett (Santa Monica, CA) in July 2019.

Interview

Best interview process! There was an initial phone screening with HR, who then scheduled the in-person interview and tells you that you'll be there for a few hrs to meet multiple managers. Essentially you are going through multiple stages of the interview process meeting each manager 1:1 all in your first interview. I found this to be very respectful of my time by not making me come back multiple times to keep interviewing with someone new. It ends up being a 2-3 hr interview that goes fast.

Property Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Douglas Emmett (Santa Monica, CA) in June 2019.

Interview

I applied online and got a call the next day to schedule an interview. I interviewed with the Recruiting manager then the VP of Accounting and the last interview was with the assistant controller. The interview took about 2 hours

Admin Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Douglas Emmett (Santa Monica, CA) in April 2019.

Interview

7 minutes, was not interested in me, was supposed to meet also with CEO same day-he was too busy. Age discrimination_ was 100% qualified for 3 jobs with Douglas Emmett Co.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Douglas Emmett (Santa Monica, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

After weeks of questions and false hope of being the top candidate and several reports i had to turn in for the company WITHOUT even being an employee yet. They go with another candidate.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Douglas Emmett (Santa Monica, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

You first have a light phone interview with a recruiter before meeting that same person at the corporate office. At that time, you discuss a little bit about yourself and your job history. If all goes well, you meet with a second individual who discusses more about the job, your goals, your hobbies, etc... and if THAT goes well, you meet with whoever might be your supervisor at the proposed job site to see if you could potentially see yourself in the position.

Interview Questions

• If I spoke with your previous employer, what is one thing he/she might say about you that needs some improvement?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Douglas Emmett (Santa Monica, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who loves working for the company. My first interview was with Camille from HR who couldn't have been sweeter. She seemed honest and thorough in her portrayal of the company and what would be expected of me as an admin assistant. She had me take a short test to further gauge my competency. I received a call back from Camille to schedule a second interview with the director of commercial property management when an opening became available. My second interview consisted of more general questions. I had the opportunity to meet with my perspective property manager shortly after. Overall, I consider my interview process to have been efficient and pleasant. All staff I encountered were warm and welcoming, especially the receptionist.

Interview Questions

• What are a few of your strengths and weaknesses if I were to ask your former boss?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Douglas Emmett (Santa Monica, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and received a call back the next day. The phone call consisted of a brief phone screen, and I was then scheduled for an interview the next business day. The interview process took two days. The first day I met with recruiters who asked standard interview questions, and I was given a brief skills test.

On the second day of interviews I met with two of my potential bosses. They both stressed that this was a potential career path, and that the company often promotes from within. The second day of interviews really seemed like more of a sales pitch than a standard interview.

About two hours after my final interview I was called with a job offer. The company seems reluctant to move in terms of salary for this position, but will give small concessions if you push for it.