Douglas Emmett Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Douglas Emmett Interview Questions

2.7

Assistant Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Douglas Emmett (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

Received a call from HR to do a phone interview and then was invited to to an in person interview the next day. The front desk was very sweet and HR was extremely helpful and very engaged. We talked for a while and then was asked to fill out a competency test (math, spelling/grammar).

Cost Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Douglas Emmett (Santa Monica, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

My interview was great. I interviewed with three different people, the recruiter and my two potential bosses. Everyone was very nice and personable. I wasn't intimidated nor nervous because they made me feel very comfortable. I got hired on the spot and it was a very quick process. The recruiter was bubbly and warm my two bosses were stern but very polite and got their points across. I am very happy.

Interview Questions

• What were my skills and weaknesses and if I didn't mind the commute.   Answer Question

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Douglas Emmett (Santa Monica, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The telephone interview by the recruiter was friendly and the information needed were clearly communicated. The interview process was fast and efficient. The decision making after the interview was also fast and efficient which shorten both parties waiting time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Douglas Emmett (Santa Monica, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I thought it went well until I did not get hired permanently. Guess I was not the kissy type of personality they were looking for, although I did my job in the office I was assigned to well beyond means.

Interview Questions

• How long I worked at my previous job and what my job duties consisted of. My educational background. What my goals were within the company once hired. We touched on family. Just basic questions.   1 Answer

Commercial Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Douglas Emmett (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

I received a call a week after submitting my resume.
    I interviewed with the recruiter, director of property management. portfolio manager the same day. They made it so easy so I wouldn't have to return the next day. Every employee that I met was nice. The receptionist was extremely nice, and very pleasant to talk to. It looks like everyone enjoys working for DE. The culture is completely different from other REIT (Property Management companies)

Commercial Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Douglas Emmett (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

My overall experience with Douglas Emmett has been very positive.The interview and hiring process was seamless. I give many thanks and kudos to the entire DE Human Resources team; they were very professional and courteous and helped every step of the way to the path of new employment with the company!

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Douglas Emmett (Santa Monica, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

My interview process was expedited and very quick. I went in for my first interview on a Tuesday, met with the recruiter and then the Marketing Director. Then I came in for a second interview on Wednesday and met with the Chief Information Officer, and was offered the position at the end of that interview and started work the following Monday. This expedited process was a bit stressful in the moment, but ended up working really well for me.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a lot of questions, the standard, what are your strengths and weaknesses, and more technical stuff pertaining to the artistic nature of the job. I was given a marketing flyer and asked what steps I would use to create this flyer -- which I found very refreshing. It was nice to be able to interview with someone who could speak the artistic and technical language that I am accustomed to.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Douglas Emmett.

Interview

The entire interview process was smooth. Each person who I came across, and especially the receptionist, received me warmly. Once I met the recruiter, she asked a few questions about myself and my experience. She then had me complete a skills test, which was brief but challenging. The process was standard with no kinks, the staff made it seamless and I appreciate it.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Douglas Emmett (Santa Monica, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward a major component is customer service and great communication skills. I interviewed with the recruiter which was basically to test my communication skills and ability to respond efficiently; I also met with the human resource manager who discussed some company information ( None of these actually felt like an interview). I then was called back to interview with the director whom interviewed me, I honestly felt like it was going horribly because you can't read her vibes. Then to my surprise she asked me if I had time to meet the Property manager that same day and I also interviewed with her. My interview with the property manager went awesome and we connected very well, I left feeling very good about the interviews.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I don't even think my counter-offer was looked at by the right people, during the interview process I was encouraged not to counter-offer but I did and it was declined very fast.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Douglas Emmett (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The process was smooth and very thoroughly done. Everyone was welcoming and there was never an issue with HR not receiving any information that was requested from me. The staff was very friendly.