Douglas Emmett Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Douglas Emmett Interview Questions

Updated Nov 22, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Douglas Emmett (Santa Monica, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

You first have a light phone interview with a recruiter before meeting that same person at the corporate office. At that time, you discuss a little bit about yourself and your job history. If all goes well, you meet with a second individual who discusses more about the job, your goals, your hobbies, etc... and if THAT goes well, you meet with whoever might be your supervisor at the proposed job site to see if you could potentially see yourself in the position.

Interview Questions

• If I spoke with your previous employer, what is one thing he/she might say about you that needs some improvement?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Douglas Emmett (Santa Monica, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who loves working for the company. My first interview was with Camille from HR who couldn't have been sweeter. She seemed honest and thorough in her portrayal of the company and what would be expected of me as an admin assistant. She had me take a short test to further gauge my competency. I received a call back from Camille to schedule a second interview with the director of commercial property management when an opening became available. My second interview consisted of more general questions. I had the opportunity to meet with my perspective property manager shortly after. Overall, I consider my interview process to have been efficient and pleasant. All staff I encountered were warm and welcoming, especially the receptionist.

Interview Questions

• What are a few of your strengths and weaknesses if I were to ask your former boss?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Douglas Emmett (Santa Monica, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and received a call back the next day. The phone call consisted of a brief phone screen, and I was then scheduled for an interview the next business day. The interview process took two days. The first day I met with recruiters who asked standard interview questions, and I was given a brief skills test.

On the second day of interviews I met with two of my potential bosses. They both stressed that this was a potential career path, and that the company often promotes from within. The second day of interviews really seemed like more of a sales pitch than a standard interview.

About two hours after my final interview I was called with a job offer. The company seems reluctant to move in terms of salary for this position, but will give small concessions if you push for it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Douglas Emmett (Santa Monica, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Received a call 1 week after submitting application. A brief chat over the phone, then was invited for an in-person interview. Very efficient from start to finish. I appreciate that they notify you even if you don't move forward to the next stage.

Assistant Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Douglas Emmett (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

Received a call from HR to do a phone interview and then was invited to to an in person interview the next day. The front desk was very sweet and HR was extremely helpful and very engaged. We talked for a while and then was asked to fill out a competency test (math, spelling/grammar).

Cost Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Douglas Emmett (Santa Monica, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

My interview was great. I interviewed with three different people, the recruiter and my two potential bosses. Everyone was very nice and personable. I wasn't intimidated nor nervous because they made me feel very comfortable. I got hired on the spot and it was a very quick process. The recruiter was bubbly and warm my two bosses were stern but very polite and got their points across. I am very happy.

Interview Questions

• What were my skills and weaknesses and if I didn't mind the commute.   Answer Question

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Douglas Emmett (Santa Monica, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The telephone interview by the recruiter was friendly and the information needed were clearly communicated. The interview process was fast and efficient. The decision making after the interview was also fast and efficient which shorten both parties waiting time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Douglas Emmett (Santa Monica, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I thought it went well until I did not get hired permanently. Guess I was not the kissy type of personality they were looking for, although I did my job in the office I was assigned to well beyond means.

Interview Questions

• How long I worked at my previous job and what my job duties consisted of. My educational background. What my goals were within the company once hired. We touched on family. Just basic questions.   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Douglas Emmett (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

the process was very easy I went through my recruiter from a staffing agency who set it up. They reviewed your resume and asked you a few questions about you and that was it.

Commercial Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Douglas Emmett (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

I received a call a week after submitting my resume.
    I interviewed with the recruiter, director of property management. portfolio manager the same day. They made it so easy so I wouldn't have to return the next day. Every employee that I met was nice. The receptionist was extremely nice, and very pleasant to talk to. It looks like everyone enjoys working for DE. The culture is completely different from other REIT (Property Management companies)