Drift Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Drift Interview Questions

Interviews at Drift

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Drift (Boston, MA) in January 2019.

Interview

Easy interview; much more a question of culture fit than anything else as learning on the job and pushing yourself beyond your boundaries are the most critical factors for success at the company.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Drift (Boston, MA).

Interview

2 in person interviews. CTO trash-talked other places I was interviewing - major turnoff imo. Job description was not descriptive of what they were looking for, ended up a waste of everyones time.

Interview Questions

• Whiteboard database schema for a system the interviewer had a difficult time describing.   Answer Question

Drift Response

Jul 5, 2018 – Team Experience Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback on your experience with Drift. We have discussed this as a team to learn for our future conversations.

Marketing Interview

Interview

There was one round on the phone with a recruiter, and one round onsite with a manager. If I was chosen to move on, there would have been 1 more round with the head of the department.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Drift (San Francisco, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

Expect a well-thought-out process: Kicked off with a phone call with sales recruiter followed by phone interview with hiring manager. Following those phone calls were several in-person interviews with HM and various sales leaders within the company, a short behavioral assessment, and several final phone interviews with executive leadership.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach building a book from a targeted list?   Answer Question
    • How do you prioritize your time and which accounts to pursue?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Drift.

Interview

Recruiter reached out on LinkedIn referencing a different position. 30 minute call with the recruiter. 30 minute video call with the CRO. Recruiter reached back out about a different role on a different team. 30 minute call with the Hiring Manager, answered all of my questions and seemed to be very engaged. My only concern / red flag was when they avoided questions as to whether or not the team was hitting quota stating it was “proprietary” information. In person interview with 5 individuals. One of which was a discovery call role play - pitch a solution you are familiar with selling and ask questions about current state/ process. Only issue is that the interviewer is not knowledgeable about the product or industry you are selling, making it extremely difficult to have a successful role play. Some of the interviewers seemed unenthusiastic to be speaking with me. In my opinion there were too many steps in the process and too many people involved in the interview process. The whole process took a little over 3 months.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions about your experience and why you’re interested in the role and company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Drift (Boston, MA) in May 2019.

Interview

The interview process was pretty great comparatively to the experiences I've had elsewhere.

My process involved a 30-minute video call, followed by an on-site interview to meet more of their sales leaders (CRO, VP of Sales, Director of Sales, and Corporate Counsel). Part of this step included a Role Play over the phone. I had an additional call with a different Director of Sales - and then finished the process by talking to the CFO.

It spoke volumes to me that throughout the interview process they had the CRO, CFO and VP of Sales so involved in talking to new candidates. It further demonstrated transparency and support that started at the executive level, for me that is very important.

Overall, I really enjoyed my experience talking with everyone there.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you think you need to work on as a salesperson?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Interview

First - I have to say, this place does actually bad mouth not only other businesses, but candidates for roles.

I don't know if this is the norm for this place. But I was certainly put off by this behavior because.

I'd steer clear of this company, if they actually think that slander from prior employers is OK (even though it's against the law), especially for someone who left their previous role on their own terms. That should have been a warning that maybe the company I left was the issue, and not me.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Drift.

Interview

Interviewed with three people. All were extremely welcoming and friendly. Seemed like a great place to work. The environment seems young and exciting, very engaging place to work. Would recommend to any one searching for a job they are expanding.

Sales Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Drift (Boston, MA) in January 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and had several phone screens before being invited into the office in-person. I could immediately tell that this was a "band-aid role" and they didn't truly understand how a training department could impact their organization. They knew they had a problem and they felt Sales Training was the solution, so they blindly went full-steam ahead without fully defining the role.

The recruiter couldn't answer any of my questions about the role itself because the role wasn't fully formed. The VP I spoke to had additional insight, but not much.

I stopped the interview process before my third meeting with them. I was not the culture fit they needed, and the role was to vaguely defined to give me confidence.

Interview Questions

• It was more like I was interviewing them. The "interviews" I had were largely me asking questions about how the role was defined and what responsibilities I would have. Their answers were vague at best, but they seemed to think that was ok because they're a "hypergrowth startup."   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Drift (Boston, MA) in March 2018.

Interview

Started with a conversation with one of the recruiters, followed by a phone screen with one of the sales managers. Upon successful phone screen, was scheduled to come in and meet a few other people and discuss the position further. After meeting everyone, and a few encouraging words, they said to look out for next steps in the coming days.

Interview Questions

• Where do you hope to see yourself in the next few years?   Answer Question

Drift Response

Mar 19, 2018 – VP Sales

Thanks for coming in and meeting the team. Sorry you didn't get an offer. I hope we can find the right role for you in the future as we grow. Hopefully we get a chance to cross paths again.

Best... More