Dunelm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dunelm Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2017

2.6

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Preston, North West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dunelm (Preston, North West England, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied for the role and within a few days was picked for a phone interview, which lasted around 5 minutes just to check work eligibility etc. I was told there and then that they would like to put me forward for a face-to-face interview. This interview again was only a matter of days later.

The face-to-face interview is done as a group. It is done in 4 parts;
    1) Brief overview from the manager of Dunelm and the job role
    2) Get to know the person sat opposite you and then describe them back to the group
    3) Pick a product and sell it to the group
    4) Quick 1-1 with the manager to check eligibility and availability

We were then told it'd be around a week until we heard anything but I received a phone call the next day being offered a position. I then had my first day on the job a week later.

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in High Wycombe, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dunelm (High Wycombe, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online. Got interview with a brilliant Manager, who they later left the company. Left with idiot so called 'Managers'. Do not apply to this company they are rubbish!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offered the job within a day

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blackburn, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dunelm (Blackburn, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

- Applied online
    - Recived an email a few days later to arrange a phone interview
    - Had the phone interview with head office. Passed this and was given the information about an upcoming group interview.
    - Attended the group interview in store, with around 12 other people (there was gonna be two more group interviews though so 30+ interviewed overall for just 7 places).
    - Icebreaker / given info about the job and the company / a few little activities. Also had to give the manager info about when you're available and what not!
    - Was told we would find out in one week if we were successful or not, and if we were, we'd get on to the next round which was THEN a one to one interview (so basically 3 interviews to try get this job).

(Just to add, we were told it was going to last 3+ hours this group interview, and that we needed to bring our CV and a few other things... yet it only lasted an hour and we didn't need anything at all)

Interview Questions

• Phone interview ; information about yourself, why you wanna work for Dunelm, about your experience with customer service and what good customer service means to you

Group interview ; asked more about customer service and working in a team   Answer Question

Graduate Technology Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dunelm.

Interview

First is online application, then telephone interview, then store insight evening, and finally assessment day. They said it was open to all degree disciplines but in the end it seemed to be the computer science majors that got it.

Interview Questions

• We strive for our 5 pillars of growth, explain a time when you met said pillars in your own life.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dunelm (Leicester, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Process took two weeks before receiving the offer. The assessment day consisted of a short introduction about the partner you are paired up with and the product they chose and why. Then you are separated for one-to-one interview which was fairly relaxed and I did not feel nervous at all. Interview lasted around 30-45 minutes roughly before we are moved onto another task which was going onto the shopfloor and actually approaching customers. Then the assessor would pretend to be a customer and give us a brief as a group and we had to choose what product best suited his preferences and why. Later on, we (as a group of 4) were taken into a boardroom with another assessor and given a brief where we had to choose the best furniture and items for two guest bedrooms, explaining why we chose them. This was a group task. 4 hours later I received a call saying I had got in.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you worked together as a team to achieve something?
      Tell me a time you provided excellent customer service?
      Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Helens, West Midlands, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dunelm (Saint Helens, West Midlands, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview that lasted 15 mins and involved the usual interview questions. Then I was invited to attence a group interview in store. We did an ice breaker activity followed by picking a product each and selling it to the other interviewees. To finish there was a 1-to-1 discussion with the manager about availability and a bit about previous experience.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dunelm (Enfield, England (UK)).

Interview

Had a phone interview on a Monday and was happy that I got through to the next process which 2 days later was a group interview in the enfield store with 5 of people. When I got the email to go into the store and pick something I would have in my home turned out the person I was teamed up with had to speak about what I picked and why and vice versa. Then we had to go in teams and talk about a customer that's a a browser and one that's a mission customer. Was there for 3 hours not offered any refreshments at all but was told that we could buy coffee there. Thought it was a bit immature about the group session. Didn't really like how it went. Felt they favoured people that were more outspoken and when I did try to speak out wasn't heard

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dunelm (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, had a phone interview got asked 5 simple questions, passed that and got a face to face interview. Took the day off college to attend this interview, manager looked scruffy and that distracted me. He didn't seem bothered however when it ended he made me feel like I had to job and said it went well. But when I got home I had an email from them saying someone else suited the role better, waste of time as I tried so hard

Interview Questions

• What is good customer service to you   Answer Question
    • Where would you place fans in the store on a hot day to attract customers to buy   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dunelm.

Interview

Applied online, took a telephone interview a week later. Then came into the shop to do a 1o minute interview with 2 people in the room - 1 took notes, the other asked questions.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dunelm (Nottingham, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

first part of the interview process was a phone interview if u pass that u then get a 1.1 interview which i did and it was quite informal interview in the cafe area of the shop with the store manager