Duo Security Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Duo Security Interview Questions

Interviews at Duo Security

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

They dropped the ball, a lot. I'd schedule a call with them, and they would forget. I'd be deep in the interview process, talking about "running my own team," only to never hear from them ever again.

Interview Questions

• What sort of technologies do you think we'll see in the future?   Answer Question

Jun 16, 2020 – Employer Brand

We're sorry to hear about your interview experience. It does not reflect how serious we take our candidate experience. We wish you the best of luck in your search!

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Duo Security (Austin, TX) in April 2020.

Interview

Coding challenges, system design, behavioral questions.
    It had a good amount of depth without being overly difficult.
    No trickery, gotchas etc. I got clear feedback from each session.
    For a large company (Cisco) the process moved quickly.

Interview Questions

Duo Security Response

May 18, 2020 – Employer Brand

Congratulations and welcome to the team! We're happy to hear your experience was a good one. Thank you for sharing!

Security Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Duo Security.

Interview

One of the best interview experiences I've had at a company.

First step was a 1hr video call with the hiring manager to discuss the role + some behavioral questions.

Following that I had a 1hr video call with an engineer from the team. This was pretty casual (discussion of my background and the project I'd work on at Duo).

After that I was invited to an all day on-site interview. This included three behavioral / product interviews, lunch with two potential team members, and three technical interviews. The first tech interview was a coding one, the second a design one, and finally a causal tech interview with one of the engineers I'd be working with.

Everyone was very pleasant and there were no trick or overly difficult questions.

Interview Questions

Duo Security Response

Feb 17, 2020 – Employer Brand

Congrats and welcome to Duo! Thank you for leaving your honest feedback, we're happy to hear that you had a great candidate experience. Our teams work hard to make sure every candidate has a great interview experience and that clearly shows in your case.

Senior Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Duo Security (Austin, TX) in January 2020.

Interview

- phone screen with recruiter
    - phone screen with CS manager
    - onsite

The expectations set by the recruiter did not align to the phone screen with the hiring manager. I was told it would be a "deep dive into your resume" however, when speaking with the hiring manager she was taking her dog for a walk and was nowhere near a computer to look at my resume. None of the questions by the hiring manager were based on my professional experience. All were cultural questions such as "Tell me your life story." and "What do you like to do for fun?" The hiring manager let me know a decision would be made on next steps by end of that week. After following up several times, it's been 3 weeks since hearing anything back. Simple straightforward communication would have been much appreciated, as transparency is all that a candidate is really looking for. However, this really gave a negative first impression.

Interview Questions

Duo Security Response

Feb 17, 2020 – Employer Brand

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback and we're so sorry to hear about your interview experience. We expect every candidate to receive the same level of respect that we practice. Please know that your feedback is taken seriously and will be shared with our recruiting and hiring teams. Thank you again and best of luck in your search!

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Duo Security.

Interview

Sent my resume and got an email scheduling a technical interview. Two parts for the whole process. One is a technical interview over the phone and on coderpad, where they can see you code live. Second is a onsite technical interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to create a function that reverses an array. [1,2,3,4] becomes [4,3,2,1]   Answer Question

Dec 12, 2019 – Employer Brand

Thank you for your feedback and best of luck in your search!

Software Engineer Internsip Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Duo Security in November 2019.

Interview

Fast response and the recruiter is super nice. Got referred and received an email from the recruiter in less than a week. Technical Phone interview includes three coding questions. Make sure you think about edge cases and know O(n).

Interview Questions

Duo Security Response

Dec 12, 2019 – Employer Brand

Thank for taking the time to share. Best of luck in your search!

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duo Security.

Interview

The Interview process was too extended and included a back and uncomfortable dialogue about salary. I was asked to provide my w2 from my current role plus the hiring manager made this a huge point of contention that at one point I was about to walk away.

Interview Questions

• How much am I making at my current role? Sales strategy, what would be a 30/60/90 for the role.   Answer Question

Nov 4, 2019 – HR Consultant

Welcome to Duo and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're sorry to hear about your interview process, please know we are taking your feedback seriously and sharing it with our recruiting and hiring teams. Feel free to reach out internally if you'd like to continue the conversation and thank you for bringing this to our attention. It helps us make Duo a better place to work!

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Duo Security (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2019.

Interview

I was selected to interview for a specific team at Duo after going to the career fair and their office event post the career fair. I had a first technical phone screening which lasted for about an hour. After that, I was selected for an on-site interview at their office in downtown Ann Arbor which went for about 2 hours. 1 hour with 2 software engineers and 1 hour with the hiring manager. After waiting for a good period of time, I was extended the offer.

Interview Questions

• Technical would be about the projects you have listed down on your resume, your knowledge of cryptography, web security, some knowledge of Application Security and Python. Behavioral questions are pretty standard. You can find some similar elsewhere on this page potentially.   Answer Question

Feb 17, 2020 – Employer Brand

Congratulations and welcome to Duo! Thank you for leaving your feedback.

Android Engineer Interview

Interview

My experience began with a phone screen followed by two more phone interviews with the hiring manager. The process moved along nicely, I enjoyed the discussions, and I thought things went great. Unfortunately, that was the last I heard from them.

Interview Questions

Duo Security Response

Aug 19, 2019 – HR Consultant

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We’re happy to hear your interview experience was a positive one but we’re disappointed there was no follow up. We’ll be sharing your experience with our recruiting and hiring teams to make sure it doesn’t happen again. Best of luck in your search!

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Interview

Just looking for a mercenary rep. You'll be churned and burned in a few years. Not a bad deal if that's what you want, but nothing about growth, culture, and opportunity. They didn't speak well of the company. Seems like they are going through growing pains. Also, I'm not giving out the names of my accounts and my deals. My resume, accomplishments, and work speaks for itself.

Interview Questions

• What accounts and deals have you sold?   1 Answer

Jul 30, 2019 – HR Consultant

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and we’re sorry to hear about your frustrations. We wish you the best in your search!