ELS Educational Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at ELS Educational Services

2.5

Center Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ELS Educational Services (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online, through the company's website after I came across the opening. The hiring manager acknowledged the application, and then there was a phone interview/screening. Then there was an on-site interview.

Center Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ELS Educational Services (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Very casual since I was from the same industry. A tour of the location, discussion of benefits. Very relaxed and friendly. A second interview was set up to meet the academic director that I would be supervising. This second interview was very useful and got down to discussing the day to day of the language training center and how to best manage ESL teachers and school staff.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to read a P & L? Do you have suggestions on how to best manage ESL teachers and keep them motivated?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ELS Educational Services (Boston, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview process was quite informal. I walked into the ELS location in Boston downtown and spoke directly with staff and my future boss there. They needed an admin assistant at the time and I was available. If I had applied for a teacher or director position, the process would have been more formal and structured.

Interview Questions

• College major and extracurricular activities   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ELS Educational Services in September 2014.

Interview

Brief and fast-paced. I think they wanted someone ASAP and I was an ok fit. We looked at my experience and talked about different teaching methods and styles and experiences I have had.

Interview Questions

• What has been a difficult teaching situation for you,what did you do?   1 Answer

School Director Interview

Interview

Pretty standard. Met with just one district director and also met the center staff. The entire process was somewhat quick and it was nice that they paid for relocation expenses.

Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ELS Educational Services (Garden City, NY).

Interview

It was a very straightforward interview. At the time they were desperate, so they pretty much just checked my pulse and threw me into a classroom. I was asked general questions about my education and experience, a few grammar questions, and my availability. The interviewer explained the program and the schedule and then sent me to observe two different classes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They have a set rate depending on level of education. There was no negotiation.

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at ELS Educational Services in June 2010.

Interview

Saw ad, called and made appointment for interview.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ELS Educational Services (Houston, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

It was pretty laid-back and straightforward. There were no surprises, and the hiring manager was honest about the pay and work environment. The managers seemed pretty tired and stressed, so that should have been a red flag, but I didn't notice it.

International Student Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ELS Educational Services (DeKalb, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

I was brought in after submitting a resume via a current employee at the center who heard about the job opening. I had a phone interview, and then an in-person with both the Center Director and the District Director.

Interview Questions

• I was asked questions about budgeting, where looking back the answer should have been something like "insufficient information to answer this question." I felt a little tricked and ended up giving a stupid answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, outside of the fact that I was due to graduate college in a few months and my permanent position was contingent upon that.

English Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ELS Educational Services.

Interview

The first interview is on the phone. They ask you basic questions about yourself and the position you're applying for.
    The second interview is in person and they ask more specific questions. They also give you about 5 situations and you have to explain how you would react and why you would react that way.

Interview Questions

• During the second interview:
      - What are some area you would like to improve in?
      - What makes you a unique candidate?
      - What would you do if a student asked you to drive him/her to the bank?   1 Answer