ELS Educational Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ELS Educational Services Interview Questions

Updated May 5, 2017

2.5

ELS Instructor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ELS Educational Services.

Interview

Interview was not difficult if you have the right qualifications. It all depends on a person who carries out the interview. Questions are standard. Just focus and let your experience stand out.

ESL Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ELS Educational Services.

Interview

Comfortable, the questions were targeted toward teaching style, past experience and grammar knowledge. Had to present a sample lesson plan, but this could be on anything. Interviewer was friendly and very easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Registrar Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ELS Educational Services in September 2015.

Interview

I applied through indeed and was contacted right away. The interviewer was very nice and the questions were not "trick" questions. Most of the questions were typical questions like what are your strengths and tell us about a difficult situation with a peer.

ESL Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ELS Educational Services.

Interview

The center I applied at advertised that they were hiring full-time, part-time, and substitute teachers, but after an hour long phone interview, I was informed they were only hiring substitute teachers. Additionally, I was given the phone interview and then unofficially offered the subbing job. A few weeks later was asked to come in and fill out paperwork, at which time I was "officially" offered the job and told the pay rate. As others have mentioned, the pay rate for teachers is set based on education level and experience, the highest of which is about $24/hour with a Master's degree with a TESOL certificate.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about working with multicultural students. How would you work with a class in which there was one Muslim woman who does not want to do group work with men, when she is the only woman in the class?   1 Answer

English Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ELS Educational Services.

Interview

The first interview is on the phone. They ask you basic questions about yourself and the position you're applying for.
    The second interview is in person and they ask more specific questions. They also give you about 5 situations and you have to explain how you would react and why you would react that way.

Interview Questions

• During the second interview:
      - What are some area you would like to improve in?
      - What makes you a unique candidate?
      - What would you do if a student asked you to drive him/her to the bank?   1 Answer

ESL Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ELS Educational Services (Cupertino, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

After 20 minutes my mock 50 minute grammar lesson was rudely interrupted by a staff member announing a staff meeing taking place in five minutes. Staff members role-playong students thanked me for coming and left the class room. The interviewing manager showed me out the door. What a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Prior to the mock Grammar lesson, I was asked a lot of questions about pass experience teaching foreign students.   Answer Question

School Director Interview

Interview

Pretty standard. Met with just one district director and also met the center staff. The entire process was somewhat quick and it was nice that they paid for relocation expenses.

Center Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ELS Educational Services (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online, through the company's website after I came across the opening. The hiring manager acknowledged the application, and then there was a phone interview/screening. Then there was an on-site interview.

ESL Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ELS Educational Services in December 2014.

Interview

It was short and fast. I think they may have been desperate to replace someone that had recently left. I recieved an email later that day offering me a substitute position, and I filled in for the teacher that had left for the remainder of the month. I was teaching my own classes within two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Something along the lines of 'What kind of classroom environment do you strive for' and 'What is one area of weakness in your work abilities?'   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ELS Educational Services (Thousand Oaks, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I sent a resume from a job listing (which may have been on Glassdoor). I was called very shortly afterwards for an interview. I was interviewed. They checked my references. I was hired. The interview was thorough. They asked a lot of questions about my teaching experience. They really seemed to want an experienced teacher.

Interview Questions

• What was your most successful lesson? What was your most unsuccessful lesson?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. Pay scale is determined by credential.