Eaton Leadership Development Program-Operations for Engineer (LDP-OE) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Leadership Development Program-Operations for Engineer (LDP-OE)

Interviews at Eaton

2.8

Leadership Development Program-Operations for Engineer (LDP-OE) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Eaton in February 2012.

Interview

My experience was great, but I don't think it followed the normal protocol. I had a phone interview with an HR rep. It was very conversational and easy to manage. Then got a call back to fly to corporate HQ for the 2 day interviews. 1st day is a dinner to meet the interviewers and other candidates in a more relaxed environment. 2nd day is 2 interviews and a short presentation about a project that you have successfully completed.

Interview Questions

• The interview was behavioral based and I'm really good at those so I can't say there was a question that was difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Eaton

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Eaton (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2015.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at a conference, he gave me his email and I emailed him a few times and he got me a phone interview. Had another phone interview a few days after the first. Both were nice and easy.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time someone made you uncomfortable and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Eaton (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

Talked with a recruiter at a job fair on college campus. Had an in person interview the next day. Questions were all behavioral and typical questions. Explained well what the program would look like and what could be expected. Paid for my flight out to Pittsburgh to interview at headquarters. Everyone was very friendly and I was able to talk with others currently in the program.

Leadership Development Program-Operations for Engineer (LDP-OE) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Eaton in October 2012.

Interview

I had an on campus interview and then a second round interview at an Eaton facility near my university. The questions are all behavioral based and in the second round they ask you to give a presentation to the hiring team.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision without having all the facts?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Eaton (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

All of the questions are behavioral - use the STAR method to answer and have a few scenarios planned out that you think best represent who you are as a professional and engineering student. Make sure to really talk about your actions and what you learned from the experience/results. The "what you took away from it" question came up after almost every answer I gave and I think that can be a little difficult to come up with on the spot.
    Be honest!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Eaton (Grand Rapids, MI) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied for this position through by university's career search website. I was then notified that I would be able to schedule an on-campus interview. The on campus interview took place and took about 30 minutes and it was mostly behavioral (STAR) formatted questions. I was then notified that I had been chosen to move to the second round of interviews that would take place on-site. This was a 2 day event. On Day 1 in the evening, there was a dinner where you could get a chance to mingle with current employees and the other candidates. The next day, there were 2 hour long interviews(all behavioral questions again), a presentation given by an Eaton employee, a tour of the plant, and I was asked to give a powerpoint presentation on a project I had recently worked on.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where you had worked in a group and someone wasn't doing their part.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Eaton (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2012.

Interview

Interview at university career fair for one hour with one person. About 1 week later received a 2nd round interview at corporate including a presentation on a previous project, networking dinner, 2-one hour long interviews and meeting with current employees. Received the offer about 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• How did you stand up to a person in a higher position to do what was right and ethical? Please give an example and explain the outcome. How do you show ethics in your day-to-day?   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program-Operations for Engineer (LDP-OE) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eaton in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was invited to a phone interview with either HR or a supervisor. During the interview I felt that the interviewer was interested in learning more about me. However, despite appropriate follow up by both phone and email, I have not heard anything... not even a rejection notice.

Leadership Development Program-Operations for Engineer (LDP-OE) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Eaton (Burlington, ON (Canada)) in November 2012.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews- First one with HR, second one with the hiring manager and the last one with a panel - last interview was a 5 mins presentation about myself and questions from the panel about my experience and skills. Interviewers were nice and questions weren't very tough.
    No technical questions asked.