Elder-Beerman Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Elder-Beerman Stores

1.7

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Elder-Beerman Stores (Dayton, OH).

Interview

Calm laid back asked general questions about previous experience and situational questions. The hours. And availability you were available as well as the shifts that were available and pay differentials

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you didn't agree with a coworker   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non negotiable

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Elder-Beerman Stores (Toledo, OH) in October 2013.

Interview

Since i applied right before the holidays I got a call for the interview 1 day after i applied and i had a quick 10 minute interview before i was told "welcome aboard"

Interview Questions

• How would you convince a customer to apply for our credit card?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Elder-Beerman Stores (Athens, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

Super easy! Went in and talked to the selling supervisor. She asked me a page of questions that were basic. We talked about hours and what I expected in return. Talked to the manager and she offered me the job.

Full-Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Elder-Beerman Stores (Dayton, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

Go to the store and fill out the application on the computer. Complete a personality assessment. There was an on the spot interview because they were doing open interviews when I applied. There was a 30 minute interview with the HR manager and I was hired on the spot. It is fairly easy to get hired if you can speak well, look professional, and have a nice personality.

Interview Questions

• What position would you prefer? Why do you want to work in retail? What is your availability? Can you work nights and weekends? Can you work during holiday season?   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paducah, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Elder-Beerman Stores (Paducah, KY) in January 2010.

Interview

Very easy process, was brought in to discuss how I would handle certain situations. I would be given an event, such as a customer comes in an i actually see someone steal something, what should I do? It was very easy and mindless. I would not stress out at all, use your common sense and you should pass on to the next level.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about handling cash?   Answer Question
    • In a situation where someone steals something out of the store, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Elder-Beerman Stores (Columbus, OH) in November 2015.

Interview

it was short and simple. easy. i went into a room and he asked me questions. he asked my experience. my open availability. he also asked what was customer service to me. after that he told me when orientation was and i was all set.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Elder-Beerman Stores (Dayton, OH) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview had no structure or set questions as I had worked for a "sister" store. We talked about the change from retail to online purchases which she said explains the lack of customers. We discussed differences between a small town store and Elder Beerman Dayton Mall.

Interview Questions

• How much did you make at your last position   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Elder-Beerman Stores.

Interview

Simple questions, very nice. Was asked about experience with previous employers. Was asked to explain what I would do if put in a certain position such as dealing with angry customers or dealing with someone that stole an item. Also asked about my education and if I was currently going to college.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how i would go about selling an item to a customer .   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be down to earth and show the interviewer that you're not afraid to talk to anybody

Anonymous Employee in Clarksburg, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Elder-Beerman Stores (Clarksburg, WV) in March 2012.

Interview

The application process is online only at elder-beerman.com and sometimes randomly the application will ask you to complete a series of math questions. They call you pretty quick and the interview is within a few days after that.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to give an example of a time when I had to work in a group to solve a problem, the rest is just personal info, experience, and availability.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They was no negotiation, they offered me minimum wage only and I accepted.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Elder-Beerman Stores.

Interview

I was seasonal employment so take that into consideration. the hiring process was fast and i was scheduled to work a few days after.

Negotiation

No negotiations.