Elder-Beerman Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 8, 2017

1.8

Seasonal Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paducah, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Elder-Beerman Stores (Paducah, KY) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied on online Came in
    He reviewed my resume I brought in
    He Asked questions about interests, customer service, skills, availability.
     I asked questions:: dress code, pay
    BAM Hired in the spot!

Interview Questions

• Do you have an retail experience or Customer service experience?   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Elder-Beerman Stores (Toledo, OH).

Interview

I applied online and received an e-mail from the HR director asking to come in and interview. After e-mailing back and forth, we decided on a time. It was a very easy one on one interview. The HR director was very friendly and seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say. She took me into her office and we small talked for a little bit, then she asked me a few questions about myself (education, etc). She only asked me about two "interview" questions the entire time. The majority of the time she was telling me about the company, their discounts/coupons/credit card, their employees, pay rate, and work environment. She read me some of the customer surveys and told me about how important their customers are.
    I was then give a piece of paper to look over regarding the dress code (all black, business casual-professional), and asked to fill another one out with my availability. One of the things that I liked about this job specifically is that although it's classified as "seasonal," she said they hire on anyone that wants to stay after the holiday season. Of course, they ask you if you would like to stay based on how hard you worked, but she said they do the majority of their hiring now and keep as many people as they can.
    After we discussed this and I answered the questions, she offered me a job right then and there. She was kind of pushy, but a very, very professional woman. She made me feel very welcomed and was incredibly encouraging, as I had some reservations. We set up a time for me to come in for orientation, and before I left, I asked her what department I would be in. She told me that I can basically choose whichever department I want, because they have enough differing requests to place people where they choose. I told her I had an interest for shoes or clothing, but I didn't really care too much where I was placed. Before I knew it she was on the phone with the shoe department head and he was in the room telling me about how he runs the department, expectations, and pay. Shoes is minimum wage + commission (after you sell a certain amount), which I thought was a nice added bonus. Once he left, the HR director offered me a position in the shoe department.

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, WV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Elder-Beerman Stores (Charleston, WV).

Interview

Simple, training before the actual interview. It took me 3 days to complete the computer orientation & answer multiple questions..You will be scored . Then onto a personality test. Easy ! Then I got call in for the actually interview which was also easy as the HR manager wasn't intimidating so this set the tone.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince a customer to open a store card?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Elder-Beerman Stores (West Toledo, OH) in November 2015.

Interview

Went very smoothly... JS is a top rate HR Manager. Walked in, and I noticed shortly into the interview, just how comfortable and relaxed I felt. Call was made to the shoe department supervisor. I went to interview with the shoe supervisor. I felt just as relaxed and comfortable. Went back to HR same day, and got signed for new employee training. All done in less than a hour I believe.

Interview Questions

• Which department would I like to work in.   1 Answer

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Elder-Beerman Stores (Dayton, OH).

Interview

Calm laid back asked general questions about previous experience and situational questions. The hours. And availability you were available as well as the shifts that were available and pay differentials

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you didn't agree with a coworker   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non negotiable

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Elder-Beerman Stores in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online, I got a call the next day, and an email asking me to come In for an Interview two days later. She asked me what my experience was with customer service, basic interview questions, and told me a few things about the company. I got hired on the spot and started a couple days later.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Elder-Beerman Stores.

Interview

The interview was very easy and laid back. She was easy to talk to, relaxed and gave a friendly vibe. She listened and asked appropriate questions related to the position I was interested in. She hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Define customer service in your own words.   1 Answer

Full-Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Elder-Beerman Stores (Dayton, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

Go to the store and fill out the application on the computer. Complete a personality assessment. There was an on the spot interview because they were doing open interviews when I applied. There was a 30 minute interview with the HR manager and I was hired on the spot. It is fairly easy to get hired if you can speak well, look professional, and have a nice personality.

Interview Questions

• What position would you prefer? Why do you want to work in retail? What is your availability? Can you work nights and weekends? Can you work during holiday season?   1 Answer

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Elder-Beerman Stores (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2013.

Interview

Very friendly interviewer. I answered an ad in newspaper. He asked me about my previous work experience, education, etc. Very professional and helpful to me as I was looking for a start in a management role at a company close to home.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Elder-Beerman Stores.

Interview

Simple questions, very nice. Was asked about experience with previous employers. Was asked to explain what I would do if put in a certain position such as dealing with angry customers or dealing with someone that stole an item. Also asked about my education and if I was currently going to college.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how i would go about selling an item to a customer .   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be down to earth and show the interviewer that you're not afraid to talk to anybody