Embassy Suites Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Embassy Suites Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2017

2.5

Sales Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Embassy Suites.

Interview

The interview went very well. First Interviewed with DOS, then GM and finally DOHR. All three were very open fresh new ideas and very informative of the responsibilities and layout.

Executive Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, MS

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Embassy Suites (Madison, MS) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview went well but the trainging process was horrible.The weeks got worse as time went on. I would never suggest job to any one I know or my own worst enemy. This place has truly rub me the wrong way.

Interview Questions

• What kind job did I have before I came there.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Embassy Suites (Oxnard, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was e-mailed by HR. After agreeing to interview for the position, I received an e-mail that I was being "bumped" up a day. I was escorted to the closed restaurant where the HR person had a clipboard and asked me questions about availability and hit me with an hourly salary figure, asking me if I still was interested. I said yes and then I sat there and waited for the Front Desk Manager to meet with me. The interview was professional and relaxed but surprisingly went for over an hour. I was asked many questions from a clip board. I was succinct in my answers and the interview seemed to be going very well. Toward the end I was asked my soonest availability and I said in two days. Then the manager back-peddled and said he had to interview many people. I said I understood. I did not hear back for a week, then I received an e-mail stating that I was no longer being considered for the position.

Interview Questions

• What are your biggest strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Assistant Director of Front Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Embassy Suites (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter and then with the hiring manager. I then flew out to California for an in person panel interview with 5 managers, and a one-on-one interview with the General Manager

Interview Questions

• How would I handle the transition back to Front Office from Housekeeping.   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Embassy Suites in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online on indeed.com. I got called the very next day for a interview. I was applying for the overnight shift and overall the interview was simple and easy. I was asked to do a second interview right after I was done with the first but the supervisor was out to lunch so the general manager said they still had two more people to interview and to just expect a call within the middle of the following week. Still have not heard from anyone if the position was filled or to offer a second interview/job.

Interview Questions

• what are your strengths/ weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time you encountered a difficult situation with a customer?   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Interview

Very easy. Responded back quickly and very pleasant. Process of filling out paperwork went fast. Start training quickly. Professional environment and friendly attitudes. Went over resume and asked questions about what makes you stand out to be apart of the team.

Guest Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Embassy Suites (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

HR emailed me to set up an interview, we met the very next day. She called me 3 days after the interview and offered me the position and told me my salary. I came in the next day for a mouth swab drug test and to provide information for a background check. Once it all cleared i started working 4 days later.

Interview Questions

• Whats the most difficult situation you've encountered from a guest and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Embassy Suites.

Interview

Interview process went really smooth. They easily transitioned me from one manager to the next. And quickly called me back for my final interview with GM. The only difficulty was the length of time after time of offer to the time of hiring. There was a lot of waiting in them but this was due to budget.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had to deal with a difficult client and how did you habdle it?   Answer Question

Front Desk Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Embassy Suites in May 2016.

Interview

Went to job fair that hotel was hosting and so process may be slightly different from norm. I was first introduced to someone from HR and answered pre-determined questions (everyone is asked the same questions). She seemed to like me and introduced me to the hotel manager to further talk. From looking at others there, this seemed like stage 2. After talking with him, I was asked to fill out an official application.

Interview Questions

• What is one word most recent boss would use to describe me?   Answer Question
    • What are three traits my favorite supervisor had and how would I rate myself on those same traits?   Answer Question
    • What made me want to apply to their company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Embassy Suites (Oxnard, CA).

Interview

I applied on the website and was able to get a phone interview about 2 weeks later. But since HR is very unorganized, they called me a day before my actual interview. A a couple weeks later I got called for a face to face interview. Once again HR made a mistake and an hour before my interview, she called and asked if I could reschedule. I waited all week and never got a call. About a month later I received a thanking me for my interest. The whole process was very unprofessional. Thankfully my experience and education landed me a different job as a supervisor.