Embassy Suites Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Sort:

SPA Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Embassy Suites (Norman, OK) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied online for their front desk position. i came in for their interview and was rather impressed by the manager. She was very professional and very nice. Which made me less nervous and able to talk about the things that needed to be said. Overall this was a great interview and i commend them for being so professional and nice.

Interview Questions

• What would make you the best choice for this positon?   1 Answer
    • Are you available to work any shift?   1 Answer

Interview

Met with Human Resources Director first for initial screening, then passed to Catering Director. After that called in a couple weeks later to have a interview lunch with DOS & GM. Offered job a week later. You must do a drug-screen and then orientation as well as online training systems.

Interview Questions

• It depends on the interviewer but I had a lot of scenario questions when interviewing with the DOC, other than that it was just them getting to see if your personality is a good fit with the sales team. One question was how would you deal with a client that insisted that they had to have a beef main entree but did not have the budget to do so...   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate...fair offer for my experience at the time.

Catering Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Embassy Suites (North Charleston, SC) in May 2011.

Interview

I received an email and phone call to set up date and time. Three days later met with Director of Catering for a one on one, classic interview with open ended questions. Given a thorough tour of property and met with 4 team members of catering sales office. Informal panel interview more of a group question/answer open discussion forum.
    They returned me to Director's office where she answered my questions and explained the next step. Two days later received a call back for second round of interviews with Food and Beverage Director and GM both were one on one.
    This opportunity was everything I was looking for; perfect location, responsibilities, incentive and salary has a great reputation, friendly atmosphere, professional environment and very clean surroundings. Next day DOC informed me I made the top three candidates and decision would be made in a week. Position was offered to another candidate - accepted of course. Received nice email informing me of their decision it was altogether a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how hiring you over the next candidate will make this company money or save this comany money.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Embassy Suites in December 2011.

Interview

Very simple process. I went into the hotel and interviewed with three different people (Director of Catering, Director of Sales and the General Manager). Both the DOC and DOS did not seem to like me. The DOC event stated that she had already interviewed six "girls" and didn't like any of them. Frankly, I was shocked when she offered me the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate, but it was not successful.

Catering Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Embassy Suites (Deerfield, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

A phone interview took place. Description and overview of the position was provided, along with the expectation and goals for next year. The position was described as a "sales" position. The individual needed to aggressively seek out catering business to increase sales goals.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your catering sales experience?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Embassy Suites.

Interview

Interview process went really smooth. They easily transitioned me from one manager to the next. And quickly called me back for my final interview with GM. The only difficulty was the length of time after time of offer to the time of hiring. There was a lot of waiting in them but this was due to budget.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had to deal with a difficult client and how did you habdle it?   Answer Question

Night Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Embassy Suites (Myrtle Beach, SC) in March 2014.

Interview

Online application following and over the phone interview with HR. two days later received a face-to-face interview with the Front Office Manager - A week later followed an interview with the General Manager with a job offer the following week

Interview Questions

• Have I you ever had a dispute or disliked a fellow co-worker - tell about a time that you disagreed or why you disliked that co-worker   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer came well above my asking salary - Interview good and be honest. Let them know your goals. Know the history behind the company you are interviewing for. Let them know this is not a JOB - this is your CAREER and you are here for the long run. Be honest. If you want to be in the hotel industry and have a passion as I do, then you will do fine and get the job.

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Embassy Suites (Richmond, VA) in November 2010.

Interview

it was a easy interview. Any one with experience should be good for this position.

Interview Questions

• what do you consider good customer service?   1 Answer
    • are you good a milti-tasking   1 Answer

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Embassy Suites (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Typical interview questions. Got asked about previous jobs. Asked about personality. Asked about availability. Background check. Drug test. Personality questions. History on jobs. What environment I'm used to working in. Told about the benefits they offer. No training provided.

Interview Questions

• If you could be granted three wishes what would they be?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Embassy Suites (Miami, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview went well and every one was very nice. The hotel was clean and everyone was well groomed. The staff seemed friendly. Not a lot of parking. I was happy to have had the opportunity to interview their.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us a time when you went over and above the call of duty?   1 Answer