Emergent BioSolutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Emergent BioSolutions Interview Questions

Interviews at Emergent BioSolutions

1. Featured Interview

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Emergent BioSolutions in January 2019.

Interview

The interview process was seamless. They were quick in setting up interviews and communicating next steps. After the interview I got direct feedback from them as to why they were moving forward with another candidate which is always appreciated. Overall I made great connections and networking contacts throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• A series of behavioral and situational questions surrounding the job. (i.e. how would you handle this type of situation, tell me about a time when you were faced with a difficult situation, etc.)   Answer Question

Emergent BioSolutions Response

Feb 11, 2019 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We are glad to hear you had a positive candidate experience. Best of luck in your next endeavor.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Emergent BioSolutions in June 2014.

Interview

Very well planned and co-ordinated. The interview team had good questions and they did not all ask the same question. The follow-up was good. The people were knowlegeable in their area and about the company and seemed very engaged.

Interview Questions

• They had good job related questions that followed the behavioral interview style. Had to think of good examples to give.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Emergent BioSolutions (Rockville, MD) in January 2010.

Interview

Communications were quick. There was quick action to move the hiring process forward. Clear instructions were given about what to expect during the interview. Hiring manager was very affable. The group / team meeting went well and a reasonable offer was also made. When I had to decline to offer due to personal reasons, the hiring manager again was very understanding of the decision. Overall, a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Interview was quite smooth and no real unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Personal/medical reasons

Grunt Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emergent BioSolutions (Lansing, MI) in May 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by mostly men, what else. They think they know what they want but they don't. Men rule this environment. Every manager or director who interviewed me was male. dah!!!

Interview Questions

• They want an admin assistant, not a professional female who has great work experience and a great education to bring into their environment.   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Emergent BioSolutions (Lansing, MI) in December 2008.

Interview

HR makes initial contact. Hiring manager had phone interview. Communication wasn't very smooth at times from the company. Was not told to bring drivers license to the reception desk (would not let me in without it). Was not told where to park - a little tricky to find. Interview was relaxed. Dress policy on Friday (day of interview) is much more relaxed than on M-Thurs. Interviewed with several people, all one on one.

Interview Questions

• No particularly surprising questions - asked about my experience, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation can be possible, decide what items are most important and ask about them.

Desktop Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Emergent BioSolutions (Gaithersburg, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

3 hour interview with 6 people, 30 minutes each person (1:1). Very long and tedious interview as each person asked same or similar questions. Also, they contradict each other, one person said "we want a people person, not a technical person", but other guys asked tons of technical questions. Didn't like the atmosphere of the company.

Equipment Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Emergent BioSolutions in November 2017.

Interview

Did a two person interview followed by a site interview that lasted 3 hours. Panel interview and had all and more skills required to perform the job but was told the environment is not structured enough?

Facilities Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Emergent BioSolutions (Lansing, MI) in November 2012.

Interview

Long and grueling. It was a process that took over eight hours and meetings with over three different groups and a few individuals of upper management. While the process was long the questions were in-depth but of the basic nature of all interviews. They had standard questions to ask and a few people went off script.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest mistake and what did you learn.   1 Answer

Validation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Emergent BioSolutions (Lansing, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by an on-site interview. The on-site interview included a tour of the facilities and manufacturing plant. Interview lasted about 2-3 hours. For the most part, was 2 on 1 with basic STAR based questions. It was a pretty laid back interview and didn't feel uncomfortable.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Emergent BioSolutions (Baltimore, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

Two managers interview; hiring manager asked general questions but the production manager needed specifics that required a lot of thinking. questions required details of my previews work experiences including calculations