Encompass Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2018

2.8

Claims Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Encompass Insurance (Duluth, GA) in June 2013.

Interview

I initially applied for this position on the Allstate employment website. The next day I received an e-mail from a company recruiter to request a phone interview. After the phone interview, which was very brief and just a few questions regarding my professional background and a few situational questions, I was sent a link to take the pre-assessment. The recruiter told me the assessment was straight forth and mostly common sense. I completed the assessment within the 48hr time frame and was immediately sent an e-mail telling me congratulations I would be moving on the next round. About a day later I was called to schedule an in-person interview.

The face to face lasted about 30 to 45 min. and it was a typical interview. Background information, situational questions and information regarding the position and benefits, after the interview I was told that I would hear something one-way-or-the-other in about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• This interview was straight forth and to the point nothing out of the ordinary or too hard.   4 Answers

Liability Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Encompass Insurance.

Interview

Iterviews are in a panel settibg and tge managers drill you hard with questions. I had a total of 6 interviews and 3 sit alongs. They offered me one salary and paid another. Told me that the company was growing, since Ive been there 7 adjusters have quit.

Claims Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Encompass Insurance (Northbrook, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Took about 3 weeks after the first phone interview. The final interview was extremely relaxing and easy because it felt more like a conversation instead of being grilled question after question.

Interview Questions

• What are things you do at work and personal life?   1 Answer

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Encompass Insurance (Duluth, GA) in August 2013.

Interview

There was a brief phone interview then they had me come in for my in person interview. I was already an employee of Allstate so they make it very easy to switch jobs with out switching companies.

Anonymous Position Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Encompass Insurance.

Interview

I had one 45 minute conversation with the hiring manager. A month later I was hired.

We did not discuss types of projects I would be managing. Manager also said she had one particular style that was not actually her style. I knew by day three on the job I had made a tremendous error in accepting the offer.

In hindsight, hiring manager made the following remarks that were indicative of a toxic leader: "I am here to fix execution issues" "The business has trouble executing and delivering quality results"

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation allowed. Was given bottom of payband.

Territory Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Encompass Insurance (Northbrook, IL) in July 2018.

Interview

Had a phone interview with recruiter, then was flown to Chicago for a Maryland position before interviewing with anyone from Maryland. I thought this was a little strange but went with it anyway. After making the travel arrangements for my scheduled interview, my interview time was changed and I wasn't alerted until the last minute by another recruiter who said, "I am so sorry for not touching base - I thought I had before. We had to make a slight adjustment to your schedule & wanted to get you in slightly earlier. THANK YOU asking. Again sorry for the confusion!!" They made no change to my travel arrangements after I emailed her back asking if they would be adjusted to reflect the time change, nor did I get a response to my email. I had to call the driver to pick me up at the interview site 2 hours earlier than he was scheduled and he was extremely unpleasant to me on our way to the airport. My flight was scheduled to leave at 2:30p and I got to the airport at 10am. It really would have been nice to have the flights changed so I wasn't waiting around in the airport all day. I really feel that my time was not appreciated or respected during this interview process. If offered the position I do no feel I would take it at this time because of the disorganization and lack of communication, especially with a potential new employee when we should be in the wooing phase. This is not the type of organization I want to work for as it doesn't mesh with my feelings on how others should be treated.

Interview Questions

• Behavior based interview questions were asked during the interview after a previously prepared slideshow presentation was given by the interviewee.   Answer Question